Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

What is going on w/ Winfield??

I don't know if I'm the only one, but don't you guys think that Winfield has stunk it up lately? Why isn't Smoot on the 1 reciever from the start of the game? Winfield gets burnt by Chad Johnson to start the Bengals game then they put Smoot on him in the second half and he shuts him down. Yesterday they put Winfield on Driver to start the game and he gets tore up to the tune of 8 for 101 and a TD. Then they put Smoot on him in the second half and he gets 2 for 13???? I don't get it, please someone enlighten me......

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What is going on w/ Winfield??

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but don't you guys think that Winfield has stunk it up lately? Why isn't Smoot on the 1 reciever from the start of the game? Winfield gets burnt by Chad Johnson to start the Bengals game then they put Smoot on him in the second half and he shuts him down. Yesterday they put Winfield on Driver to start the game and he gets tore up to the tune of 8 for 101 and a TD. Then they put Smoot on him in the second half and he gets 2 for 13???? I don't get it, please someone enlighten me......
    Sharper bit on the Chad Johnson route if I remember, and let Chad behind. Just sticking up for AW. Both Smoot and AW have been asked to do a lot this year on their own at times. We are gelling as we like to say. Just be patient it will get better. Oh don't forget to crooss those fingers and rub Phat Pat's belly too.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BTW, he was on Driver on that TD like white on rice, almost to the point of a penalty. I thought that Driver was the one at fault on the penalty, he used his inside hand to push AW, it changed AWs direction. IMO anyways.

Del Rio Guest

Williams has been getting beat all year. Not many people would admit to it though.

It's just so much easier to blame Chavous and B-Will :grin:

Smoot has been toasted plenty as well. Some of that has to be credited to the cushion that Ted goes to every single game. We have seen less of it so far this year, but it is still there.

Make no mistake though A. Winfield gets burned deep by Driver and people will say "It was good coverage he was right there" but if you take him out and put Brian Williams in there it is OMG HE SUX!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We should just all face the fact the AW is not a great cover CB.

All his hype comes from the fact that he can hit and is great with the open field tackles. He was getting dusted yesterday. He does have his better games, but for the most part he is not that great of a cover guy.

I agree that Sharper may have been out of position, but Chad blew by him like he was standing still ( I was there painfully watching, I know) The numbers don't lie though, and as much as I like AW I am concerned. If he is a "cover corner" or a "shutdown corner" ( as much as I don't like to use those terms) then he should at least show some consistency. The TD to Driver he wasn't even looking for the ball.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

No one on our team is playing to potential I think! No pressure.. Except Fat pat.. EJ is ok.. Chavous is alright.. But everyone is getting burnt! Expecially LB's and Ralph Brown

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    I agree that Sharper may have been out of position, but Chad blew by him like he was standing still ( I was there painfully watching, I know) The numbers don't lie though, and as much as I like AW I am concerned. If he is a "cover corner" or a "shutdown corner" ( as much as I don't like to use those terms) then he should at least show some consistency. The TD to Driver he wasn't even looking for the ball.
    I know a lot of Buckeye fans here. I have asked a lot of them if AW was ever known as a cover guy. They all say no. He can lay the wood though.

Just curious since everyone has slightly differing opinions....who do you put on Steve "blowin up everyone" Smith this week????

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'd double Steve EVERY play! DO NOT LET HIM LOOSE ONCE!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast