Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    That one was kind of obvious

    Peyton is a baller

  3. #3
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    I don't see Manning waffling.
    I see him playing until he is 45 without retiring once.
    LOL!

    Maybe not to 45, but at least play until he is the same age as Vinny was.
    Seriously, he doesn't have much wear and tear at this point. Seems like he never gets that solid hit, far fewer than most.

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    if Manning plays even near as long as favre plays, he'll have all of them except the interception record.

  5. #5
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    Even though I'm a Favre of fan right now, I still look forward to watching Peyton break all his records.
    Too much drama in Favreland for my fancy.
    Peyton, as V4L put it, is a baller...a true baller.

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Even though I'm a Favre of fan right now, I still look forward to watching Peyton break all his records.
    Too much drama in Favreland for my fancy.
    Peyton, as V4L put it, is a baller...a true baller.
    Manning has the advantage of playing his rookie year.
    So far, over 12 seasons, he's had 10 4000+ yard seasons.
    He's at 47000 yards, Favre's at 66000 yards, thats really only about 5 years difference, but Favre is 7 years older.


    Career averages not counting this season or Favres rookie year.
    Favre:


    3831y/season 27.3td/season 18.1 int/season ~85.9 passer rating
    Manning:
    4297y/season 30.3td/season
    15
    int/season ~95.3 passer rating

    Mannings numbers are better in every statistical category, and he has 16 extra consecutive starts from his rookie year.
    Barring injury, Manning will shatter Favres records sometime in the next 4-7 years, and I look forward to watching it.

  7. #7
    ChicagoSteel is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    Meh.
    Who cares?
    Funny that the guys with all the stats have so few rings.
    Marino, Manning, Favre...two rings in 40+ seasons?

    And they've had their chances, too, only to spit the bit in the playoffs.

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Meh.
    Who cares?

    Funny that the guys with all the stats have so few rings.

    Marino, Manning, Favre...two rings in 40+ seasons?

    And they've had their chances, too, only to spit the bit in the playoffs.

    Well, the funny thing is this is a thread about how can Favre's record be beaten, not some bullshit "who's better" thread.

  9. #9
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    "ChicagoSteel" wrote:
    Meh.
    Who cares?

    Funny that the guys with all the stats have so few rings.

    Marino, Manning, Favre...two rings in 40+ seasons?

    And they've had their chances, too, only to spit the bit in the playoffs.

    Might as well add Brees to that list...he's a bit younger but will likely fall into the same fate - monster stats, no rings.

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: What Is It Going to Take To Beat Favre's Records?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Even though I'm a Favre of fan right now, I still look forward to watching Peyton break all his records.
    Too much drama in Favreland for my fancy.
    Peyton, as V4L put it, is a baller...a true baller.
    Manning has the advantage of playing his rookie year.
    So far, over 12 seasons, he's had 10 4000+ yard seasons.
    He's at 47000 yards, Favre's at 66000 yards, thats really only about 5 years difference, but Favre is 7 years older.


    Career averages not counting this season or Favres rookie year.
    Favre:


    3831y/season 27.3td/season 18.1 int/season ~85.9 passer rating
    Manning:
    4297y/season 30.3td/season
    15

    int/season ~95.3 passer rating

    Mannings numbers are better in every statistical category, and he has 16 extra consecutive starts from his rookie year.

    Barring injury, Manning will shatter Favres records sometime in the next 4-7 years, and I look forward to watching it.
    I like your breakdown.
    I also look forward to the next 4-7 when the records start to drop.
    I think manning has another SB or two under his belt yet too.
    Think they should start game planning for the Vikings now?
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rushing records to beat!
    By gagarr in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 05:38 PM
  2. Congrats Peterson on some more records....
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 11:41 PM
  3. NFL Fact & Records 2006
    By Webby in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 08:02 PM
  4. The Top 10 Unbreakable NFL Records
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 07:30 AM
  5. Records
    By Bdubya in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •