Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a game!!!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

What a game!!!!

Those of you who watched the season opener.

NE-Offense looked good, I'm a brady believer. Defense looked like crap, and I selected them for my fantasy team. ukeright: the forced only one punt. got lucky with 3 red zone turn overs.

Ind-they are becomeing brothers in choking to us. Offense looked great except for 2 fumbles by edge, who I also drafted. ukeright: Defense looked OK that INT was awesome. Overall a very fun game to watch.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

What a game!!!!

very good game. excellent way to start the season.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What a game!!!!

I thought that the Colts played terrible defensively , especially their secondary, more specifically their corners. Ugh. On the upside I bet on the COlts and NE didn't cover the spread

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What a game!!!!

Well i think the Cotls outplayed them they just didnt convert in the redzone they had all those fumbles. I dont think the colts Defense is super bowl bound yet, but they did get some presure on brady at times. If Edge didnt fuble both times in the red zone they wouldnt have lost.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

What a game!!!!

I disagree with you about the NE defense. They were playing a very explosive offense but held their own better than I thought they would. Their run defense was soft against James but they were focused more on shutting down Manning, did you see how many times they dropped all 4 of their LBs into pass coverage? That really threw Manning off. The only part of their defense that disappointed me was the front 3, they did not do well at handling their gaps but then again I think it was just that the Indy offensive line was playing that good.

Indy's defense does need work but losing Mike Doss really hurt their secondary. If he had been in it would have gone better for the Colts.

Also NE corner Asante Samuel looked very good, although he screwed up only one time, on that pass interference play that put Indy at the 1.

I was also surprised at how many turnovers there were.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

What a game!!!!

The NE D only stopped Ind once, that's not good, not holding thier own, turnovers like INTs are a kudo to the D , but a fumble is the fault of the RB unless its stripped which neither was. Without Edge sucking canal water IND scores 38 pts on NE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What a game!!!!

I agree with bigdog cause if it wasnt for those 3 turnovers in the redzone Indi could have scored plenty of points to put the game away.

Oh yeah that pass interference call on samuel was crap he might not have looked back for the ball but he knocked it away with his hand, i thought it was a harrable call but the refs did a pretty good job for the most part.

What a game!!!!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I agree with bigdog cause if it wasnt for those 3 turnovers in the redzone Indi could have scored plenty of points to put the game away.

Oh yeah that pass interference call on samuel was crap he might not have looked back for the ball but he knocked it away with his hand, i thought it was a harrable call but the refs did a pretty good job for the most part.
    Talken about the refs :roll: we talked in the offseason about this new rule about touch and go or what ever they call it kind of stuff ops: any calls or situations with it at the first game of the season :?:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

What a game!!!!

I think this game showed a little of what I have been saying the league will turn into, if the pass int rule is enforced like they said they were gonna. Offense offense offense! The super bowl winner will have a top 5 offense this year, mark my words. You will no longer need a good D to win the super bowl. A decent D, yes, but not a top 10 D. Look for teams like us, KC, indy, green bay(yuk) and other good offensive teams, to be the ones who go to the super bowl, not teams like the ravens, who are built on D.

What a game!!!!

What I saw the the new enforcement is this, a lot of 4th quarter penalties. CB use the contact to slow WRs as they get tired. TY law particularly, he will have trouble this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast