Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What does this team do now?

If we lose next week, I'll be listening to this for the rest of the season: (TRACK#4)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00000I5Y6001004/0/103-5960303-8833453

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

freaky is offline Starter

i guess there's so many issues that need addressing here, it's hard to pinpoint. surely Tice has to go, as much as i've tried to support him. he has lost the belief of the roster, is finding the pressure overwhelming & has lost control of discipline. in truth though, we're overlooking the fact that this entire offseason hype was built on "what if's"...nate was gonna step up to no.1 (& clearly isn't ready)..the loss of randy has created coverage issues..daunte is carrying the extra pressure to orchestrate a different offensive package..the o-line isn't protecting him..the defense is taking the time to click it was always going to need..linehan sailed away to sunnier shores..there's been alot of upheaval/changes at winter park & what we're experiencing could not be a total shock to football realists..all we can do is perhaps get in a stronger, more disciplined head coach with experience who can bind this team & get it focused..keep moving in the direction we want to go, & in time things will gel..

maybe we should try plastic bags. I'll be wearing my fire tice gear at the Lions game unless he's already gone. XLI with Linnehan baby!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    maybe we should try plastic bags. I'll be wearing my fire tice gear at the Lions game unless he's already gone. XLI with Linnehan baby!
    Plastic?

Ok, but you first!

GBFan is offline Starter

Vikes need to GET OFF LAND and get back out there on Lake Minnetonka

at least out there they can score!

ok, sorry, just had to say it

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Everybody on our offensive staff, our offensive team, has got to look and soul-search on that because the penalties are unacceptable," offensive coordinator Steve Loney said. "The missed assignments are unacceptable. When I say missed assignments, that's where coaching comes in and anything that's a missed assignment starts first with the coach. We just can't continually shoot ourselves in the foot."

He's not talking about the HC here. It's some the poorest coaches in the NFL that Tice was forced to hire with his "Red" budget & nothing is being done to correct that.

FIX THIS 1st!.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

luvinthevikes is offline Waterboy

Play the rest of the year as if it's training camp. Then, maybe by next season we will be able to block and tackle, you know, like they teach you in jr. high football!!!!! Learn to play together, and trust your team mates to do their jobs!!!! We have talent, but no trust, and lack the basic skills!!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I think the Vikings are like an alcoholic now. They need to hit bottom before it will get better. Obviously, the coaching staff did not have them prepared for this year. It is very hard to watch the Vikings because of all the penalties too. Teams that turn the ball over a lot lose.

I expect this to be a really, really long year in MN. On the other hand, the NFL is ruled by parity, so teams don't really stay terribe for long. I mean, even the so-called "worst" teams in the NFL, Cleveland, New Orleans, Arizona, SF, compete week to week. I just don't see the Vikings doing that, but to get back to that level, I see as the only real option right now. You take it day by day and step by step. The first step is getting competitive. Stop doing boat trips and start learning to block and run playes without penalties.

Long-term: fire Tice and get a real coach. Fire the entire coaching staff after this year. Cottrell has failed. No more "consultants".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345