Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83
  1. #11
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    Nothing!
    Vikes will stop their run, forcing them to be one dimensional which they suck at.

    All this talk about blitzes.
    AD will make them pay.
    CT will catch screens and make them pay.
    Shiancoe will catch out routes and make them pay.
    Wade will catch quick slants and make them pay.
    If the Vikes pick up the blitz, then BB one on one will make them pay.

    Not to mention that Klieny, Rice, Tahi, Dugan will also be involved.
    Because if they blitz these are the guys that will be WIDE open.

    Eagles got nothing the Vikes can't handle.
    The only team that can beat the Vikes is the Vikes.

    No TO's and the Vikes will win easy.


    I don't care about 3 and outs, Kluwe will pin them deep and the D will stop them dead.
    Field position is what matters, TO's destroy field position.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    142

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    The defense for Philly is really good at scheming.
    That does not bode well for Tjack.
    He could have some problems.
    I think that the Vikes run game is crucial in this game.
    They will need to get Dawkins tired by the 4th quarter, then take advantage.
    Hopefully they come to play!
    Deliver us oh Lord, from the Fury of the Northmen.
    "Anonymous Christian Monk"

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    Nothing!
    Vikes will stop their run, forcing them to be one dimensional which they suck at.

    All this talk about blitzes.
    AD will make them pay.
    CT will catch screens and make them pay.
    Shiancoe will catch out routes and make them pay.
    Wade will catch quick slants and make them pay.

    If the Vikes pick up the blitz, then BB one on one will make them pay.

    Not to mention that Klieny, Rice, Tahi, Dugan will also be involved.
    Because if they blitz these are the guys that will be WIDE open.

    Eagles got nothing the Vikes can't handle.
    The only team that can beat the Vikes is the Vikes.

    No TO's and the Vikes will win easy.


    I don't care about 3 and outs, Kluwe will pin them deep and the D will stop them dead.
    Field position is what matters, TO's destroy field position.
    Problem is, those guys WON'T be wide open if they are helping pick up the blitz all the time.
    Birk and TJ better bring thier "A" game with respect to blitz recognition this weekend my friend or TJ will have a long day.

    I worry alot about the following:

    a.
    McNabb.
    His legs are healthy.
    Without a LDE we won't be able to contain him on that side.
    I look to see alot of roll outs to that side away from JA with a TE or a RB (Westbrook) coming across.

    b.
    Westbrook.
    This guy is a nice back for what they do.
    Can run and catch the pass.
    Not a bad back when it comes to picking up the blitz.
    Makes it hard to judge what they will do each and every play.
    This game, above all others, will show how much we need EJ not only for how he deals with coverage but his play calling/adjustments as well.

    c. Turnovers.
    I see a boring, defensive minded grind it out game.
    The team that makes the first mistake will be deep behind the power curve.

    What I think they are worrying about.

    a.
    Making us one dimensional.
    How much to they commit to this?
    Goal will be to take AD out of the picture.
    Typically everyone will automatically think "Stacked Box".
    I don't, I think quick scores, get ahead of us quick and force us to play catch up thereby negating AD.


    See item C above......

    b. Our DL.
    Without a true LDE, I don't think they are as worried as they were.
    Ole Leslie is gonna have to be creative with respect to how he fills this hole.
    If he puts a guy like Rob in there then the Iggles with just put a TE and FB and run to that side.
    If he puts in a guy like Wyms then they roll the pocket that way and just pick the secondary apart.

    Its good Phat Pat will be able to get some reps.
    I think he will be key to negating some of that short passing crap the Iggles love to do with Westbrook.
    Nothing better than a big body blowing up the middle to take that away.

    c.
    TJ.
    I know, I know.
    If this kid plays a patient game (gotta be ahead or have a close score) I think he can hurt them a bit with his legs if he gets in trouble.
    That means "Contain" for thier LDE.
    We have seen alot of rollouts to that side (easier for him to get set/throw from that side) and its were Shanc predominatly lines up to help out.
    Could be some nice short stuff available in that area.

    Hard game to call for me as we both bring some nice stuff to the table that the other will worry about.
    Sure wish our team had alot more experience.
    In the end, that is what it might come down to.
    Who handles the pressure the best.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I worry alot about the following:

    a.
    McNabb.
    His legs are healthy.
    Without a LDE we won't be able to contain him on that side.
    I look to see alot of roll outs to that side away from JA with a TE or a RB (Westbrook) coming across.

    b.
    Westbrook.
    This guy is a nice back for what they do.
    Can run and catch the pass.
    Not a bad back when it comes to picking up the blitz.
    Makes it hard to judge what they will do each and every play.
    This game, above all others, will show how much we need EJ not only for how he deals with coverage but his play calling/adjustments as well.
    You can stop right there.

    Those two will exploit our secondary at the LB level with quick slants & dumps over the middle.

    Stop that or keep it to minimal gain, we win.

    Allow it to happen all game & we lose.

    That is our biggest weakness & Reid knows it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I worry alot about the following:

    a.
    McNabb.
    His legs are healthy.
    Without a LDE we won't be able to contain him on that side.
    I look to see alot of roll outs to that side away from JA with a TE or a RB (Westbrook) coming across.

    b.
    Westbrook.
    This guy is a nice back for what they do.
    Can run and catch the pass.
    Not a bad back when it comes to picking up the blitz.
    Makes it hard to judge what they will do each and every play.
    This game, above all others, will show how much we need EJ not only for how he deals with coverage but his play calling/adjustments as well.
    You can stop right there.

    Those two will exploit our secondary at the LB level with quick slants & dumps over the middle.

    Stop that or keep it to minimal gain, we win.

    Allow it to happen all game & we lose.

    That is our biggest weakness & Reid knows it.
    It gets worse,.......

    Because we lost Ray, Leslie won't be able to go with 2 LB'rs like he has been doing alot.
    He will have to keep one on that side (probably Napo) to help shore up that side against the run which I am sure McNabb will quickly audible out of into one of those quick screens/dumpoffs.

    Again, Ole Leslie is gonna show his ass this weekend.
    Hope it is a good looking ass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    First off - skanky girls with diseases.
    Nothing worse than some foul-mouthed South Philly tramp with a persecution complex because she's not from New York.

    Secondly - dirty fat guys with no shirts.


    Thirdly and finally - a whole lotta nothing to the national scene.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I worry alot about the following:

    a.
    McNabb.
    His legs are healthy.
    Without a LDE we won't be able to contain him on that side.
    I look to see alot of roll outs to that side away from JA with a TE or a RB (Westbrook) coming across.

    b.
    Westbrook.
    This guy is a nice back for what they do.
    Can run and catch the pass.
    Not a bad back when it comes to picking up the blitz.
    Makes it hard to judge what they will do each and every play.
    This game, above all others, will show how much we need EJ not only for how he deals with coverage but his play calling/adjustments as well.
    You can stop right there.

    Those two will exploit our secondary at the LB level with quick slants & dumps over the middle.

    Stop that or keep it to minimal gain, we win.

    Allow it to happen all game & we lose.

    That is our biggest weakness & Reid knows it.
    It gets worse,.......

    Because we lost Ray, Leslie won't be able to go with 2 LB'rs like he has been doing alot.
    He will have to keep one on that side (probably Napo) to help shore up that side against the run which I am sure McNabb will quickly audible out of into one of those quick screens/dumpoffs.

    Again, Ole Leslie is gonna show his ass this weekend.
    Hope it is a good looking ass.
    Don't rule out Ray yet. There was a blurb on ESPN.com or NFL.com that he may be playing.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I worry alot about the following:

    a.
    McNabb.
    His legs are healthy.
    Without a LDE we won't be able to contain him on that side.
    I look to see alot of roll outs to that side away from JA with a TE or a RB (Westbrook) coming across.

    b.
    Westbrook.
    This guy is a nice back for what they do.
    Can run and catch the pass.
    Not a bad back when it comes to picking up the blitz.
    Makes it hard to judge what they will do each and every play.
    This game, above all others, will show how much we need EJ not only for how he deals with coverage but his play calling/adjustments as well.
    You can stop right there.

    Those two will exploit our secondary at the LB level with quick slants & dumps over the middle.

    Stop that or keep it to minimal gain, we win.

    Allow it to happen all game & we lose.

    That is our biggest weakness & Reid knows it.
    It gets worse,.......

    Because we lost Ray, Leslie won't be able to go with 2 LB'rs like he has been doing alot.
    He will have to keep one on that side (probably Napo) to help shore up that side against the run which I am sure McNabb will quickly audible out of into one of those quick screens/dumpoffs.

    Again, Ole Leslie is gonna show his jiggly butt this weekend.
    Hope it is a good looking jiggly butt.
    Don't rule out Ray yet. There was a blurb on ESPN.com or NFL.com that he may be playing.
    Lord I hope so.

    Who were the chuckle heads who disagreed with me about adding weight and staying healthy playing that side?

    Again, as I've said before, that guy has done a real nice job sealing the end in the base.
    To bad he had to run his mouth a bit.
    Now all people can yack about are his lack of sacks...... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    [size=13pt]Peterson says Vikings must shut down Cole[/size]

    Posted on Fri, Jan. 2, 2009

    philly.com


    Adrian Peterson didn't hesitate when he was asked who on the Eagles defense must be neutralized.
    "Cole," the Vikings running back said on a conference call the other day, referring to defensive end Trent Cole....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: What does Philly bring that could cause the Vikes problems?

    [size=13pt]Vikings' objective: Stop Westbrook[/size]

    Posted on Fri, Jan. 2, 2009

    By Ashley Fox
    Inquirer Staff Writer



    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Jared Allen didn't remember the particulars, only that the Eagles stormed back against his Kansas City Chiefs in 2005, overcoming a 24-6 deficit to leave Arrowhead Stadium with a 37-31 victory. But Allen has watched enough football to know this about Brian Westbrook........

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. McNabb Last Season In Philly? New Vikes QB?
    By UMD_Bleeds_Purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 431
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
  2. Cause of the Vikes' problems and Introduction
    By BleedinPandG in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
  3. Vikes problems are my fault...............
    By carolinafan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 02:17 AM
  4. two simple words for Vikes problems: Nick Saban
    By jeebs in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 04:30 PM
  5. vikes VS philly
    By ohioviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •