Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    I'd love to hear "NORSEMEN!NORSEMEN!NORSEMEN!" over and over whenever Dallas has the ball. Seems like it would have a Gladiator/Arena vibe to it that might psyche up our D and begin to rattle the 'Boys O.

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Pounding on fences or seats can help. If anyone is next to one of the air ducts those can make a ton of noise, just avoid security.
    Setting off the fire alarm could make some noise.
    Bringing small speakers with could help
    Banners encouraging others to make some noise too.
    Getting drunk and rowdy can really help.

  3. #13
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Everyone is missing the obvious answer..

    Starting with a low chant, and building it up to a frenzy, everyone needs to chant...


    ODUM


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #14
    shortmon's Avatar
    shortmon is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    60

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Get drunk and screw some drunk woman in the men's room is a good start. hehehe

    Chant Odin! Odin! Odin! Odin!

    the old school vikes used to do that at met staduim in the 70's.

    also slamming your ax against your shield makes a lot of noise.

    eat too many dome dogs and burb alot?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    NordicNed wrote:
    Everyone is missing the obvious answer..

    Starting with a low chant, and building it up to a frenzy, everyone needs to chant...


    ODUM
    I like this idea, but I think its Odin.............

    I like the Norsemen chant idea too

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    marstc09 wrote:
    It is simple. Everyone needs to help. Too often do I see many people around me sitting on the hands and not doing anything. People need to speak up to those around you. Tell them to get involved. This is the playoffs. There is no excuse for not screaming when Romo is on the field. He gets rattled easily.

    GET LOUD!
    If they had a catchy or unique chant to take part in, I think that would be much better encouragement than just telling them to yell randomnly. People embrace their team cheers, and rather quickly.

    All it would take is a good idea from the lazy ass announcer blowing the horn, or a few awesome PP.Oers who are all on the same page. Once you can get the entire stadium doing it once, it sticks.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    V-Unit wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    It is simple. Everyone needs to help. Too often do I see many people around me sitting on the hands and not doing anything. People need to speak up to those around you. Tell them to get involved. This is the playoffs. There is no excuse for not screaming when Romo is on the field. He gets rattled easily.

    GET LOUD!
    If they had a catchy or unique chant to take part in, I think that would be much better encouragement than just telling them to yell randomnly. People embrace their team cheers, and rather quickly.

    All it would take is a good idea from the lazy ass announcer blowing the horn, or a few awesome PP.Oers who are all on the same page. Once you can get the entire stadium doing it once, it sticks.
    Again - who says the Dome is not loud? Not me.

    And why do people believe that a rhythmic chant will be louder than 64,000 fans screaming?

    I've seen enough false starts, delay of games and "have to use a timeouts" to know that the game-day crowd at the Dome is loud enough to cause disruption in the opposing team's offense.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Zeus wrote:
    ...
    Fewer Debbie Downer types who expect the roof to cave in the moment something doesn't go right for the Vikings would be a start.

    =Z=
    The home games at the dome can be ridiculously loud, but the home crowd often gives up too easily and goes quiet if things don't go exactly as planned. The pp.o crowd can be counted on for raising the decibels.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #19
    Holmstrom is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    124

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Dollar beers and thunder sticks.....This could be the last home game and for that matter, last game with a good quarterback for the next ten yrs for all we know.

    I hope people who get to go to this game don't blow it by sitting on their hands....
    None

  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

    Prophet wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ...
    Fewer Debbie Downer types who expect the roof to cave in the moment something doesn't go right for the Vikings would be a start.

    =Z=
    The home games at the dome can be ridiculously loud, but the home crowd often gives up too easily and goes quiet if things don't go exactly as planned. The pp.o crowd can be counted on for raising the decibels.
    We don't have to be losing even. If the opposing team gets a long drive going(or converts a 3rd down) people get tired of making noise. Not for this one though, I think everyone will be very into the game.
    They should also have a decibal meter that shows exactly how loud it is at all times. That would motivate some.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The 20 things that make you a doofus
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM
  2. These Things Make Me So Mad!!
    By FedjeViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 10:13 PM
  3. Free Agent Buzz Gets Louder (vikingupdate.com)
    By brbitker in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 07:33 AM
  4. Things that make you go.. hmmmm.
    By DemonicViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM
  5. Things That Make You Go....
    By Ltrey33 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 09:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •