Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

What does the dome need to make things louder?

What would get fans going more?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re:What does the dome need to make things louder?

Let's start by saying that the dome is plenty loud enough. However, fans get tired of the simple yelling and screaming to cheer on their team. I'm looking for a long term solution.

What the Vikings need is an original but simple chant that can be done to urge on the team. We have the Fight Song to sing after TDs. We have the Horn to listen to after first downs, but I think more is needed. We could use a chant for timeouts, sacks, turnovers, and other big plays.

I personally like the horn, but does not feel that it involves the fans at all. The fans just listen to it and cheer afterwards.

1. Rip off the Packers - Badabaaaabadaba SKOL Vikes SKOL! Make it a bit meaner.

2. A long SKOL that eventually builds until everyone joins, followed by Vikings. A lot of college do this on kickoffs.

3. Announcer yells SKOL and the crowd responds Vikings

3. Announcer: Vikings! Crowd: Unite! Announcer: Vikings! Crowd: Fight!

Just random ideas. SOMETHING is needed though.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

There is plenty going on during the game, that whatever is added would get old quick i think. I guess as long as it's a chant or announcer/crowd interaction it would be fine. It can be tough to yell or whatever, when you're holding a drink or food and trying not to spill. Maybe if people held up their drink, or toasted those around them after a FG or TD. Also, some school use their keys as noise makers. Not to mention having to get up when someone leaves or comes back. Things like the crowd chanting "go cowboys go" or "fire childress" are fun and spontaneous.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

It needs a short, fat, crooked toothed, slightly balding Vikings fan from VA, but alas, no tickets from Wildwoman for my birthday.

Ohhhhhh well, I am sure all that go will be extra loud without me. Go get em guys/gals.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    What would get fans going more?
    It is already the loudest or second-loudest stadium in the NFL.

Fewer Debbie Downer types who expect the roof to cave in the moment something doesn't go right for the Vikings would be a start.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

While not as glamorous, I think the easiest solution is for the guy in the booth responsible for pumping in artificial noise should just turn up the volume. Only problem is it may get too obvious, I'm not sure.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

We could come up with something unique for each game. If there's enough of us on the same page we could get the rest of the crowd to respond.

How about RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O M-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Maybe we can get into his head.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

V-Unit wrote:
    Let's start by saying that the dome is plenty loud enough. However, fans get tired of the simple yelling and screaming to cheer on their team. I'm looking for a long term solution.

What the Vikings need is an original but simple chant that can be done to urge on the team. We have the Fight Song to sing after TDs. We have the Horn to listen to after first downs, but I think more is needed. We could use a chant for timeouts, sacks, turnovers, and other big plays.

I personally like the horn, but does not feel that it involves the fans at all. The fans just listen to it and cheer afterwards.

1. Rip off the Packers - Badabaaaabadaba SKOL Vikes SKOL! Make it a bit meaner.

2. A long SKOL that eventually builds until everyone joins, followed by Vikings. A lot of college do this on kickoffs.

3. Announcer yells SKOL and the crowd responds Vikings

3. Announcer: Vikings! Crowd: Unite! Announcer: Vikings! Crowd: Fight!

Just random ideas. SOMETHING is needed though.

-V-
    I like number 2 followed closely by number 1.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

It is simple. Everyone needs to help. Too often do I see many people around me sitting on the hands and not doing anything. People need to speak up to those around you. Tell them to get involved. This is the playoffs. There is no excuse for not screaming when Romo is on the field. He gets rattled easily.

GET LOUD!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The dome will be loud.

Last year we snuck into the playoffs in the final week and nobody thought we had a real chance at winning. And yet the dome was ROCKING!

This year, we claimed the NFC north early in the season, and marched behind one of the league's best offenses and top ten defense to the #2 spot. We have QB and RB imortality. Viking fans are going to lose their feaking minds when that team comes out of the tunnel!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast