Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I would be but I live in New Mexico.
    You can't really talk then.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    I travelled from Portsmouth in the UK to watch them and screamed so loud when that field goal went in against the Giants that my next door neighbours got up and ran round to my house with a cordless phone ready to call an ambulance :-)
    Purple till i die

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    As Singer and C Mac alluded, it isn't easy to be a visible presence in the Legislature's assault on the Vikings. Many of us work, and most of those who work are day-shifters. And when do they hold these hearings?

Conveniently during the day...when we're all working.

Further, many of us are out-of-staters. This is a MINNESOTA issue...MY opinion isn't relevant in this particular arena because I won't be affected by any decision made (Other than the possible loss of the home of my favorite franchise). What I mean is, it's real EASY for me to say, "Raise the tax rate" when I'll never have to PAY the tax rate.

That doesn't mean I don't care, or that I'm not a real fan.....I simply understand that the people who have to make this decision are all in Minnesota.....and I'm not.

Caine

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    First off, I am an out of stater, and therefor in the same boat as Caine. I did however take time to email the governor, and other key people as I come across email addresses and such. I do tell them up front that I am not a resident of the state, but a fan of the team.

I state my love for the team, and what the team means to me, as well as what my little economic impact has when we make the trek down for home games as a season ticket holder.

I realize that it is a long shot, but I figure if I don't to anything at all, I have no right to complain or criticize others.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    You can't really talk then.
    Excuse me but I can talk all I want to. I have been a fan and followed the Vikings for 45 years.

There are three outcomes to this.
    1. MN knuckles under and supports the team and things stay as they have been.
    2. MN does nothing and the VIKINGS move to a new venue as well as fans like myself.
    3. MN does nothing but retains the VIKINGS history and name and the franchise becomes something else in which case I lose my team to the black hole of MN and when ever they decide to look at having an NFL team again and resurrecting the Vikings from limbo,

#3 would piss me off. I have the right to talk all I want to about fans in MN getting out and showing support for the team and going for option #1. I am not a second class fan simply because I don't live in your state.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Further, many of us are out-of-staters. This is a MINNESOTA issue...MY opinion isn't relevant in this particular arena because I won't be affected by any decision made (Other than the possible loss of the home of my favorite franchise). What I mean is, it's real EASY for me to say, "Raise the tax rate" when I'll never have to PAY the tax rate.

That doesn't mean I don't care, or that I'm not a real fan.....I simply understand that the people who have to make this decision are all in Minnesota.....and I'm not.

Caine

When it comes to raising the taxes to build a stadium, I have no problem raising state taxes to do it. Yes, I will be paying those taxes too.

I live in Wisconsin & I will be affected by the decision. The sad part is, I pay more Minnesota state taxes than a lot of people who live in Minnesota do & I don't have a say in the stadium issue, nor can I vote for Minnesota officials.

I work in MN & there is no reciprocity agreement with WI, ergo I pay MN tax on all my earnings & everything I buy in MN & that is a lot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I live in Wausau, Wisconsin - about 85 miles from Lambeau Field, and I support the Vikings UNCONDITIONALLY despite working with a bunch of Packer fans!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345