ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What do we do for nickle?

One topic I found to be greatly overlooked is our need for a nickle corner. We all know B-Will isn't coming back, and I have heard Ralph Brown isn't either. So that pretty much leave Laroni Gallishaw, who wasn't bad, but I certain;y don't feel comfortable with him at nickle. What do you think we do? Draft, FA, trade?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What do we do for nickle?

I'de much rather see a proven DB taken in FA first, then get some depth thru the draft if still needed...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    One topic I found to be greatly overlooked is our need for a nickle corner. We all know B-Will isn't coming back, and I have heard Ralph Brown isn't either. So that pretty much leave Laroni Gallishaw, who wasn't bad, but I certain;y don't feel comfortable with him at nickle. What do you think we do? Draft, FA, trade?
    that is a good question, who knows maybe that is why we got Whitaker. I had no idea that brown wasnt coming back. It really makes no difference he wasn't that good anyway
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Del Rio Guest

They have to do something.

I mean even if you put Gallishaw at Nickle then what about your depth? That is why we had as many DB's as we did was because a year prior we got hit in the worst way with the injury bug.

It may have been blown out of the water on another thread but I think the Vikes may try to franchise B-will.

Either that or we may be hurting for depth and quality at DB.

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

b will isnt leaving ...they will franchise him...smoot can be the highest paid nickle in the league

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Don't forget Dovonte. He didn't do too badly in his time in.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think Franchising B-Will is probably the best bet. Really, with the exception of K-Rob (who we might get a deal done with anywya), who would we use it on? He'd be worth it, IMO.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Franchise B-Will, we have Whitaker now, and Devonte Edwards. Does anyone know if Dustin Fox is capable to be a starter at SS?

I hope we franchise B-Will, but I'd like to see Dovonte Edwards and Ronyell Whitaker in action. I agree that we need some more depth for the CBs, but I doubt we'll pick more up in the draft, because of concerns for LB, RB, possibly QB, and possibly safeties. I think that position we'll bulk up through FA.