Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What do u hate about Metrodome?

HAS ANYONE ON THIS SITE ACTUALLY BEEN TO A GAME IN REAL LIFE EXCEPT ME??????

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

"audioghost" wrote:
    I have. Last year against the Seahawks. My first Vikings game and first trip to Minnesota.

The Metrodome is nicer than I was expecting. It is kept up well and is very loud. Especially compared to Texas Stadium here ... what a piece of crap.

The cons are it is fairly small and the walkways are really narrow. I not sure about the parking and all that because we just stayed at the Holiday Inn and walked to the Dome.

I really liked the Dome overall, just wish there was a way to renovate it to have more seats, box seats, better parking, etc.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

The Metrodome

So I work at the dome and, wow, its a joke. The Vikings locker room, especially the showers and bathrooms, is filthy and stained. The paint and wallpaper around the corridors are old, ripped and discolored. The suites are (except for the Cambria, Red's and one other) outdated and cheap. The field is probably the cheapest "new turf" money can buy. Worst place to watch baseball. The restrooms are few and far between, and anyone who's had a few at a game knows how long it takes to relieve ones self in the fancy trofts.
    I went to a Seahawks game in Seattle at their new field, and that was an awesome experience. You could walk before and after the game, easily use one of 80 auto flush stalls, drink real beer and enjoy football in the warm late summer air. Oh, and the ticket was $23!
    They're still paying for the Kingdome, yet were able to build Safeco and Seahawks stadium. Why can't the Twin Cities or the state do something about the pathetic metrodome?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I always love it when the subject of the Dome and how bad it is comes up in threads - as the saying goes some people just don't know when they are well off.
    First of all I do understand the current issues and how the Vikes don't get enough from the concessions, parking and executive suites. I can also see how a lot of people want a new stadium to be open-air, or at least have a retractable roof so that we can homefield advantage via the weather - as the Packers do now.

However I cannot get my head round things when people complain how bad the actual building itself is. Compared to the majority of football ( soccer as you know it ) stadiums that are here then it is an absolute palace. Grounds here have improved a lot but the majority are still in the dark ages compared to what is in the TC. I could describe facilities such as catering and washroom but I'm mindful that this is a family board and that some folk may be eating whilst reading ukeright:

When it comes to the new stadium then if it means the team staying in Minn. and having the finances to get the best players on pitch and facilities for the fans then I have no problem at all. However from my visits to the Dome and personal experiences then I can't say that I hate the Dome at all
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Prophet Guest

I loved going to games at the old met and have enjoyed going to games at the dome.

Many have brought up good points regarding revenue earned during the winter months for non-Vikes stuff. A retractable roof could solve that issue.

The biggest gripe I have about the dome is the parking and lack of tailgaiting potential compared to many of the better stadiums across the nation.

The dome totally sucks for baseball. It sure would be nice to have a new baseball stadium and a retractable roof football stadium. Makes attending the events a much more enjoyable experience.

zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: The Metrodome

because some legislatores want to save the world from stupidity
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    For one its too far away. :lol:

Actually from what ive seen, the dome could use more seats, i mean it only has like 64,000 seats and detroits dome could hold 72,000 for a junk team like them.

The lettering on the turf could be changed back to the ones we used just a few years ago. Dont like the lettering in the endzone and miss the viking logo at mid field instead of that V.

Lastly we could use a retractable roof.
    Actually halfway through the season they replaced the V with the viking head but the letters they have now are old skool but i kinda miss the old letters too....what would u think if they have the old skool in one endzone and the bold style in the other endzone???

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"audioghost" wrote:
    I have been to about a dozen games over the years and the thing I hate the most are those damn skinny seats. Not that I'm a fat@ss(6ft 230lbs )ok maybe I am, but those are the most uncomforable seats in the world.
    If you want comfy go to the Ralph Englestad Arena in Grand Forks, ND. Wide, leather and padded, feels like your at home in your recliner.

Until they get a new stadium, I'll sit at home and watch the games :cry:
    I.B.O.T. #213

6-KINGS Guest

That it is 1,029.6 miles away.
    Makes it difficult to drive home after the game.

Had The Vikes moved to San Antonio like rumoured it would have been only 266.8 miles away.
    That would just be a 12 pack of beer and about 8 rounds out of my .38 special.
    Cuz 6-KINGS likes to bust a cap on road trips!

That 762.8 miles makes a difference.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

I hate the fact that I've never been there to see a vikes game..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast