Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Hmmmmm, wonder why you said that having Ponder was a "little problem".
    Sorry, should have clarified. I meant from Joe Webb's standpoint. Because Ponder is in the way for Joe Webb if he wants to be the starting QB here.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Seriously, it isn't that easy just to switch him to another position. If it was, it would be nothing for Griff to switch from DE to LB.
    It must be.

The Jets are switching Tebow from punt protector to back up QB to ST on kickoffs all season long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"We're about to get to that point," Musgrave said. "We wanted to get Jerome up to speed, but you're right, we're going to get to the point real soon where we start to prepare somebody else to play that split end for the first three games."
    It will be interesting to see who can fill that role.

The plan is for Sage Rosenfels to be the third quarterback against the Bills after McLeod Bethel-Thompson handled those duties in San Francisco.
    Feel bad for Sage. Just a few years ago his team wouldn't trade him as their backup for a third round pick. Now he is fighting for third string.

Halfback Jordan Todman (ankle) tried to practice again but came up limping after a catch in a team drill. He's a long shot to play on Friday.
    no chance at 53 man roster.

Ponder was 9-of-20 passing in team (11-on-11) drills. Webb was 12-of-18, Rosenfels 10-of-12 and Bethel-Thompson 1-of-4.
    Sarcasm on;
    Clearly Webb is outplaying Ponder. He should get the starting nod. And Sage is getting screwed again.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Feel bad for Sage. Just a few years ago his team wouldn't trade him as their backup for a third round pick. Now he is fighting for third string.
    I don't.

He's made over $10 million beginning with the 2009 season & hasn't thrown a single pass in a regular season game since, never was active for a Vikings regular season game & only took 3 knees for the giants.

Not bad for a guy who can't even run a bootleg.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Better than Sage as BU QB.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Better than Sage as BU QB.
    This.

Completely agree. Sure Webb might not be starting material... but we're not even sure if Ponder's starting material. Webb brings enough to the table to be a formidable backup, I'm happy to have him on the roster.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    This.

Completely agree. Sure Webb might not be starting material... but we're not even sure if Ponder's starting material. Webb brings enough to the table to be a formidable backup, I'm happy to have him on the roster.
    So - if the Vikings start 2-2 and Ponder gets injured, you're more comfortable with Joe Webb starting the last 12 games than Rosenfels?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So - if the Vikings start 2-2 and Ponder gets injured, you're more comfortable with Joe Webb starting the last 12 games than Rosenfels?

=Z=
    That's a tough question...

I would say yes. I would rather have Webb than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has under impressed for a few years now, never living up to what I thought he could have. Webb has had a shitty training camp and game so far, but he still has had more flashes as a Vikings QB than Sage has. I think Webb is higher risk/higher reward.

Besides, if Ponder is injured, what little hope I have for this season is shot anyway, so we may as well roll the dice with Web.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    That's a tough question...

I would say yes. I would rather have Webb than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has under impressed for a few years now, never living up to what I thought he could have. Webb has had a shitty training camp and game so far, but he still has had more flashes as a Vikings QB than Sage has. I think Webb is higher risk/higher reward.

Besides, if Ponder is injured, what little hope I have for this season is shot anyway, so we may as well roll the dice with Web.
    Webb has shown flashes when he's come in as a mid-game replacement. As the starter, he's looked like poo.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast