Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

What divisional rival is the toughest to play?

But he still hasn't ever beat us. Yeah he shows flashes of brilliance (against our piss poor D) but he can't sustain anything over say 2 weeks at a time!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Hehehe, take him GB, take him.

silvermane is offline Rookie

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    The Lions need themselves some cheerleaders. I read a while back that they were totally against the idea because they want to keep the atmosphere clean and family-friendly by not having women in skimpy outfits cheering the team on.
    finally somebody talking some sense. i have been an advocate for a detroit cheerleader squad for a long time. we have a lot of hotties in this city and it's time they got out on the field and showed their stuff. family atmosphere be damned...this is football! the kids have to grow up sooner or later.

Good to see you still around silvermane!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    But he still hasn't ever beat us. Yeah he shows flashes of brilliance (against our piss poor D) but he can't sustain anything over say 2 weeks at a time!
    keep in mind we lost to you guys because of a missed PAT last year in the dome. harrington has actually had some decent games against you guys and our reasons for losing to you go beyond the qb position. sometimes i get tired of defending the guy but i have watched every lions game he has played in and have attended many. he has the talent but not the confidence, and i think a large part of that is that each year he works hard in practice with these guys only to lose some of them during the regular season. that can have a huge impact on a quarterback, especially a young one like harrington. i'd rather we stick with them than start from scratch, because i've had enough of that.

I know, I have been one of the hardest people on Harrington and who am I to judge it's not like I'm making money by playing a game I love!! I am just not impressed with him and I know he is young but there is no waiting around for people to develop!!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Personally, I like Harrington. I've said often I'd take him on the Packers if Favre retires. Obviously, he has to stay healthy, but I think he's got some potential. Unfortunately for him (and don't take this the wrong way, mane), he's playing for the Lions right now, but when/if you guys get your ship rightside up again, he's going to be a darn tough QB.
    well like i said earlier, the problem in playing for the lions is partly dealing with injuries. you can't deny we have been hit as hard, maybe even harder by injuries than any team in the nfc north. all of our top players in offense, defense, and special teams suffered some kind of injury last year that took weeks to heal. harrington has had to make more adjustments than most other qb's in their early years, including favre, culpepper, mcnabb, and vick. i am patiently waiting for the season when all of our linemen and receivers are healthy, we have a consistent running game, and we finally add a tight end who can go deep. if and when harrington has all that, i think he will surprise a lot of people. hopefully most of those people will be bears, packers, and vikings fans!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I know, I have been one of the hardest people on Harrington and who am I to judge it's not like I'm making money by playing a game I love!! I am just not impressed with him and I know he is young but there is no waiting around for people to develop!!
    hey if i was a vikings fan i wouldn't be impressed with him either. hell, a lot of lions fans aren't impressed with him. but call it a hunch, i really think we need to stick with this kid. i've been a lions fan for over 25 years. i've seen us see saw between hipple and danielson. i've seen us try scott mitchell, charlie batch, and rodney peete. hey don't forget even gus frerotte was our starter a few years ago. but i think harrington has more talent than all those guys and i think it would be a mistake to dump him because he has had to overcome more than most qb's.

I thought Scott Mitchell played pretty well for you guys! He had Sanders in the backfield and Herman Moore was pretty d@mn good too!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I knew you'd agree with me on that 'mane, get some honeys out there and let them do their thing. Christ, it's not like they are naked.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast