soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

what a difference a week makes

Ive only been around this much losing once, the HC was fired his replacement got fired, then came a championship coaching staff
    But the reason I started this thread is...what happened in 1 week to change the whole Indentity of this team...They looked like world beaters last week against a pretty decent team...ok so we caught SD off guard and AD went off but they werent a bad chargers team

I just wonder did all the Funeralgate really put divisions in the team against the staff...I mean for them to get a group up against the coach there had to be talk from a whole group of the team

then probably the coach wanted to be able to handle it without cryin to the owner, I just wonder how much this funeralgate hurt the team

In previous post, I said how stupid and pathetic the coaches and the Org. looked this week, now I think it impacted the team a lot more than I originally thought

Do any of you think the team took a hit

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: what a differnce a week makes

Personally I don't think "Funeral Gate" as you put it had anything to do with todays outcome.

The packers were ready for a Division Rival and we were Not. Instead of being able to build on the success of last week and have the team emotionally ready for GB...the Coaches were not able to motivate the team and prepare the team for this matchup. We came out flat and GB didn't.

It was that simple.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

So far we have the following evidence:

1) the national media ran the funeralgate story like crazy

2) The Vikings were flat after having a break-out game the previous week

3) Childress called the media on Friday and said they were paying TWill after a meeting with the veteran players committee.

At this point, it is possible that funeralgate was the straw that broke the camel's back or really has caused major locker room discord. Nevertheless, we do not have strong evidence for that yet. The Vikings might have just been flat, and the reinstatement of the pay could have just been PR. If the Vikings are flat for the rest of the year, or if we get more information, maybe this will come up again.

Zygi needs to hire a GM and just create a strong hierarchy so this confusing junk never happens again.

BTW, the Vikings should give TWill an immediate RAISE (maybe double his salary for the rest of the year). Otherwise, TWill is absolutely gone. He is never going to sign with the Vikes again. He has a lot of talent and he is getting better each year. He is not a player we can afford to let go. By giving him more money now, that soothes the injury that funeralgate caused and might lead him to sign again - probably at a base salarly with lots of incentives next time.

Go Vikings!

secret squirrel is offline Waterboy

Yes I agree with you and say we can give Williamson some of the credit for todays loss. How many other players miss 9 days because their grandmother passes away. I'm sorry for the guy but to miss that much time and not to notify the team is unacceptable. How many of us can take off even three days if we had a grandparent pass away? Willimson has shown he has little desire to play the game and until that changes he'll never succeed. I wouldn't be surprised if the team lets him go after the season is finished. Many many players have used a death in the family as a time to show their loved one how much they meant to them by having the game of a lifetime.
    It would have been much better if he would have been with the team and contributed to the win last week in memory of his grandmother. That would have been some statement. The Vikes got a raw deal on this.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

I never posted

"secret" wrote:
    give Williamson some of the credit for todays loss.
    My point was, the way it was handled, not that it occurred...funerals are a constant thing every team deals with them....Its the crappy way the whole thing was handled

Did that cause problems within the team, take away from the task at hand(GETTING GAME READY)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"secret" wrote:
    Yes I agree with you and say we can give Williamson some of the credit for todays loss. How many other players miss 9 days because their grandmother passes away. I'm sorry for the guy but to miss that much time and not to notify the team is unacceptable. How many of us can take off even three days if we had a grandparent pass away? Willimson has shown he has little desire to play the game and until that changes he'll never succeed. I wouldn't be surprised if the team lets him go after the season is finished. Many many players have used a death in the family as a time to show their loved one how much they meant to them by having the game of a lifetime.
    It would have been much better if he would have been with the team and contributed to the win last week in memory of his grandmother. That would have been some statement. The Vikes got a raw deal on this.
    :

Since there are many, many players who have used a death in the family as a time to show their loved one how much they meant to them by having the game of a lifetime, you should have no problem listing many of them....right?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"