Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

What a difference ONE PERSON can make....

Last week, after the humiliating performance the Vikings put in against the Bears, I let loose. I blasted the team from the top down...mostly out of pure, unadulterated frustration.

But, you know, the more I read about Zygi Wilf and what he's doing in Minnesota, the more I like him. He's bringing something to this franchise that we haven't had in a LOOOOOONG time....hope for the future.

I, like many of you, believe that we are seeing the final throes of the Red *never met a rodent I didn't like....to sleep with* McCombs era. This was brought on prematurely by the fact that Wilf actually CARES about this team. Had he been another "out for the $$$" owner, many of our inadequacies likely wouldn't have been brought to light so quickly...or resolved so directly.

Sure, we're suffering NOW...but I have hope. If Zygi follows through on what he's talking now, we - as Viking fans - are going to be treated to one of the best organizations in the NFL. A team we can be proud of again.

So, while we may not win on Sunday, I have confidence that we - as fans - will eventually win over all...because of one man. Zygi Wilf. granted, most owners who replace deadbeats get a heroes welcome....Red *wears women's undergarments* McCombs did when he bought the Vikes.

But something tells me that THIS guy...unlike the tard we just got rid of...is the real deal. And THAT is the difference I'm talking about. We're 1-4, and while I'm not tickled about it, I believe that our future is brighter now than it has been in a long, long time.

Thanks Zygi.

Caine

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: What a difference ONE PERSON can make....

There is always hope, my man! :grin:
    Especially after Red *the squirrel massager* Mccombs left the building, as you stated. I feel better already.
    Looks like a lot of people have given up on the Vikes already for the season. HOW MANY GAMES ARE LEFT???????????:scratch:
    Geez, you think that we were already at 10 losses for the season. :roll:
    I am ready for a Vikes win this weekend, that is for sure.
    Dumbpepper plays much better at home. It must have something to do with having his blankie at home. :lol:
    I am a little miffed at the run defense this year. What the heck has happened to the "Animal"? His play is not up to the caliber of his first two years. Crapola is all I have to say.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I couldn,t agree with you more cain.The success of the future is being paid for now by dealing with and fixing all the FU#$-ups of Red. It took him a few years to screw it up and it won,t be fixed overnight. However,that said.I think your really going to see the defense excert it,self from here on out.Just have a feeling.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Prophet Guest

I have the same sentiments. Redneck was bad news from the start. If Zygi's actions are the same as his words the Vikes will once again be a proud organization.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The one positive I see from this scandal & the 1-4 start, is that it will expedite Wilfs goal to make this a world class organization in a lot shorter time period.

What might otherwise have been a long process over a number of years to weed out some players & staff, will happen much more quickly.

The hiring of a Security Officer & the push to complete the new "Code of Conduct" just to name two.

I would rather see 1 bad year that results in a massive straightening up of the organization, than to watch it happen over a span of years.

When the dust settles & Wilf has done his handy-work, our organization will be the better for it.

Wilf will become one of the most respected owners in the league & the Vikings will rise once again to be a world class organization.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CynicalVike is offline Starter

I'm cautiously optimistic. I like many of the things he has said, but as the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words". Right now, he is saying all the things we want and need to hear. My skeptism could be greatly deminished by his actions once the investigation is over. If he severly punishes those who are responsible, regardless who they are, I will give him my total trust.

I do agree though that the future does appear brighter today than it has in a long time.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Deronn is offline Starter

I agree, CynicalVike (darn, and I promised my wife I'd try to have a more positive attitude!) Zygi has said and done the right things for the team so far. I hope there is more to come!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    What the heck has happened to the "Animal"? His play is not up to the caliber of his first two years. Crapola is all I have to say.
    He had a bad knee during the offseason and he couldn't work out, so he's a bit out of shape. He's been playing well this season, just not as great as we'd expect from him. He still leads the team in QB hurries, and he looked like he was finally getting his hustle back last week (he finally got a half sack, even though it was pretty much all him). I'm not worried about the Burninator. I'm more concerned with getting Heinz beans inside and outside at every opportunity (see my new, slightly altered sig).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

May not agreed with yah on one post yah made Caine, but i agree with yah here 110%. Zygi is gonna bring us to the promised land, that i gurantee. I bet my friend 1k that in 3 years or less, including this year that we will appear in the SB AND WIN! /hats off to a post i can agree with and a morale booster at that.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Fucking right Caine! Let's win on Sunday guys.. Beat those Packers down!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast