Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What Concerns you most about the Saints

What concerns me the most?

Should be no other answer. Drew Brees. When given time, he can carve up any defense.

It will be critical that our DL come to play like they did for the Cowboys game, if not, its going to be a long game.

We should be able to move the ball, but we need our D to make some stops.

fanofteam is offline Starter

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    The DB levels that hang around 119 in the Superdome
    I actually think the two domes are pretty comparable for noise.

MNF game this year Saints vs. Pats:
    When the Patriots attempted to make that fourth-down conversion in the third quarter, the Dome responded at 119 decibels before the snap. The Patriots failed to convert.
    Blurb on Metrodome:
    The Metrodome is the loudest domed NFL stadium.[8] During the 1987 World Series and 1991 World Series, peak decibel levels were measured at 125 and 118 respectively comparable to a jet airlineróboth close to the threshold of pain
    I'm pretty sure that the Metrodome is louder for football games(or was against the Cowboys anyways) than any type of baseball game, if for nothing else the fact that when converted for baseball the Metrodome doesn't hold as many people, World Series or not.

Every fan would naturally want to think their stadium is the loudest, but I think in reality they are probably very comparable.

EDIT: Just realized somebody already posted these same figures earlier. Looks like I just wasted 5 minutes of my life.

I'm sure the DB level is comparable but it's big difference when it's your home crowd.

I have nothing to compare this to as far as this current Viking team playing against crowd noise even remote to what we will face sunday

JohnLSU is offline Training Camp

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    What concerns me the most?

Should be no other answer. Drew Brees. When given time, he can carve up any defense.

It will be critical that our DL come to play like they did for the Cowboys game, if not, its going to be a long game.

We should be able to move the ball, but we need our D to make some stops.

Well Good Luck with that.
    None

JohnLSU is offline Training Camp

fanofteam wrote:

The decibel peaked at 120 dbs last week against Kurt Warner's team..

Expected to be even louder against Brett Favre's team.

Lets put it this way. LSU fans are known to be one of the loudest in the country, it happens in an open stadium. Well most of those same fans are also Saints Fans as well. Now imagine how loud its going to be especially when its one game away to a Super Bowl. A Situation that the Saints have only been in only twice in the 40 + years.

At 90-95 dbs Levels which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss
    At 125 dbs Pain begins and enormous vibration..
    At 140 dbs Permanent damage even in short term exposure.

I want it at 125 dbs but if it some how reaches to 140 dbs, Oh well, I'll be blessing the players and fans for a healthy environment.
    None

Well, it isn't really the Saints defense, even in the Superdome. We've put up 30+ against better defenses than the Saints. If either team scores fewer than 21 points, I'll eat my hat.

My biggest concern is injuries. Edwards, Williams, and Harvin all need to be healthy.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

JohnLSU wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:

The decibel peaked at 120 dbs last week against Kurt Warner's team..

Expected to be even louder against Brett Favre's team.

Lets put it this way. LSU fans are known to be one of the loudest in the country, it happens in an open stadium. Well most of those same fans are also Saints Fans as well. Now imagine how loud its going to be especially when its one game away to a Super Bowl. A Situation that the Saints have only been in only twice in the 40 + years.

At 90-95 dbs Levels which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss
    At 125 dbs Pain begins and enormous vibration..
    At 140 dbs Permanent damage even in short term exposure.

I want it at 125 dbs but if it some how reaches to 140 dbs, Oh well, I'll be blessing the players and fans for a healthy environment.
    I'm a die-hard LSU fan and used to live 1.5 miles from Death Valley.... and could hear it easily. The fans are loud; our domes are very similar.... it's going to be damn loud.

Granted, people there are lifelong die-hard LSU fans and pretty bad bandwagoners for the Saints. I couldn't get anybody to go to a game with me any year but the year they were doing great...

Not that our fans aren't the same, though.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

sum1elz is offline Waterboy

Re:What Concerns you most about the Saints

the fact my whole family and friends likes them
    None

Bleeds_Purple is offline Waterboy

I fear Darren Sharper. he has something to prove to us to stick it to us for letting em go. also I Fear Drew Brees although the pass rush will cancel him out hopefully.
    None

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

a lot of people are worried about the crowd noise..

here's my answer to that.. I can't remember where.. but some1 i think it was shank said.. evne in practice.. you hvae to always be watchful as the ball could be your way.. even if you are 3-4th on the wr list.. sometimes balls hit you in the head cause brett's showin you.. always watch..

now that's not exactly the words.. but it was the concept of it that i got.. this will play well in the .. i can't hear your audible... if each wr/te/legible receiver.. knows this, and each route/snap they go out like it's them getting the ball. #4 won't have any issues distributing the ball quick and clean. IF we start getting people not looking.. or not paying attention.. then we'll have issues..

how do we keep them from scoring!!
    we control the time by using the run game.. we need to start with it.. and i hope end with it!! meaning.. we eat up time.. take our shots here and there, but control the ball.. control the clock.. and force the saints to stack as many as they can into the box. once we're up by 10+ points.. give um more down the throat smash mouth football!! i can't wait to see sharper (who i still like and very much repsect) try and take down AP head2head..

defensively we need to stop their run, disrupt their routs, and keep untold preasure on brees.. if we cna sack him 3+ times.. and get 10+ hurries.. we can help dictate the rythem of their very explosive offense.

us vs their ball hawks.
    screens and pitches.. i know we've tried a few of these.. it might be a good idea to toss a few to CT or PH.. and use AP as the decoy.. which you know they'll bite on. this will keep those ballhawks guessing on the play actions.. and when they see a fake screenie coming.. they'll bite.. and rice or BB will be in the clear!!

so there's my concerns.. and my view on how we get past um.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Concerns for both teams:

Vikings:
    - Penalties
    - Free Roaming, Ball-hawking safeties
    - Opportunistic defense against a fumble-prone RB
    - Nickel and Dime DBs being outmatched.
    - A potentially dangerous TE

Saints:
    - Best Pass Rush in the league
    - Best Run Defense in the league
    - Bad Tacklers against a great open field RB
    - Inability to stop the run

1. How much of a factor will crowd noise play?
    2. Will Favre continue to save the ball if the run game is shut down, or will he look like he did in ARI?
    3. Will the Vikings limit Peterson's carries because of his turnovers?
    4. Will Brees be able to outpace the Vikings pass rush?
    5. Will the Saints still be able to operate without a steady run game?
    6. Will the Saints choose to stop the run or the pass first?

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast