Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: What Concerns you most about the Saints

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    The thing is our secondary is very underated, and I am not talking about Sharper, but Jabari Greer and Tracey Porter. Greer was having a Darelle Revis like year literally (ask any Saints fan) before he was out with injury. He came back the last week of the regular season, and last week he was all over the place D'ing up. I think if we stop your ground game there is hardly no way your passing game will get off. You got to remember we just went against Warner and his pass catchers asnd they have the best WR in the league in Fitzgerald and he didn't even catch a pass in the first 29 minutes and 30 seconds of the game. Personally I think we aren't like teams who try to stop the run but are weak on the back end, our back end is strong, and stronger then most our opponents fans recognize.
    I didn't get to see the game against AZ, but I would guess that the Saints played a lot more to stop Warner and the passing game then they did to stop the run. Shutting down Warner was impressive, but we're not the same team. We are a team that wants to run first and exert are will on our opponents, which may seem odd when you see our passing vs. running stats. The Vikings passing success exists largely IMO, due to the focus opponents have on shutting down Peterson.

If the Saints D decides to focus on run first by putting more men close to the line of scrimmage and trusting your db's to handle Rice/Berrian/Harvin in single coverage, then I like our chances no matter how good you think your db's are playing. There will be breakdowns, the advantage is too great for the receiver, and Favre will find them.

SaintManJ83 is offline Rookie

You don't know our DB's though. Greer and Porter are the most underrated tandem in the league. As I said earlier Greer played at a Revis-like level when healthier earlier this year. And if you don't remember AP didn't exactly get off last year against our D. We played ATL earlier this year and they got off running and still had troubles going through the air on us. The strength of our defense is pass defense. Those guys didn't Intercept 26 passes and return 5 for TD on accident. Personally I just think we need to stop AP early on enough for us to get a lead. If we can force you to pass I think we will shut your passing game down.
    None

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Re:What Concerns you most about the Saints

Giving the Saints the early lead and never getting any momentum. The Saints have shown, though, that if you can rattle them early and keep their offense off the field they have a hard time getting back as well. I honestly think this game will simply come down to whose defense allows the 3 instead of the 6, because there are going to be a lot of points put up on the board. The question becomes which D can minimize damage and keep their team's O on the field the longest.

I am really, really nervous for this game, but at the same time really excited. Please, Vikes, do this just once for your fans!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    You don't know our DB's though. Greer and Porter are the most underrated tandem in the league. As I said earlier Greer played at a Revis-like level when healthier earlier this year. And if you don't remember AP didn't exactly get off last year against our D. We played ATL earlier this year and they got off running and still had troubles going through the air on us. The strength of our defense is pass defense. Those guys didn't Intercept 26 passes and return 5 for TD on accident. Personally I just think we need to stop AP early on enough for us to get a lead. If we can force you to pass I think we will shut your passing game down.

I hope the Saints think the same way you do, that is that you only need to stop AP. I don't know how one guy can be any more valuable than that.

I doubt your corners are as good as you think they are, but we'll see come Sunday. I know Favre and Rice won't be intimidated, but maybe that will play out well for you.

Personally, I think the reason why your pass defense put up so many picks is because your offense scored so many points that it forced teams to throw a lot more. Any team that falls behind or is under pressure to score on every drive will get taken into a pass happy mentality and that favors most every defense in the league.

JohnLSU is offline Training Camp

This week has been the longest for me.. Thats all I got to say... 3 more days :S :X
    None

fanofteam is offline Starter

The DB levels that hang around 119 in the Superdome

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

what concerns me the most about the Saints is their high octane offense scoring points in bunches which forces us to do nothing but throw the ball. Our best asset is utilizing Peterson to scare teams to help with the run, but if we're just passing, we'll be making AP a non-factor.

your best asset is "Bree's having time to throw" and our worst asset is our "secondary".

With that said... we have two amazing assets... one being our Defensive line which will HOPEFULLY limit Bree's having time to throw, and our other is our high octane offense as well.

This game comes down to each teams Offensive and Defensive Lines. From what I've heard throughout the season, the Vikings have the best D-line (which i believe in) and we have one of the best O-line in the league. Not sure where the Saints rank in those categories. If the Vikings outmatch them (which I believe they will) the Vikings will win this game.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

lovesmesomevikes is offline Waterboy

Nothing, THE VIKES WILL DOMINTATE!!!!!!!!!
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

fanofteam wrote:
    The DB levels that hang around 119 in the Superdome
    I actually think the two domes are pretty comparable for noise.

MNF game this year Saints vs. Pats:
    When the Patriots attempted to make that fourth-down conversion in the third quarter, the Dome responded at 119 decibels before the snap. The Patriots failed to convert.
    Blurb on Metrodome:
    The Metrodome is the loudest domed NFL stadium.[8] During the 1987 World Series and 1991 World Series, peak decibel levels were measured at 125 and 118 respectively comparable to a jet airlineróboth close to the threshold of pain
    I'm pretty sure that the Metrodome is louder for football games(or was against the Cowboys anyways) than any type of baseball game, if for nothing else the fact that when converted for baseball the Metrodome doesn't hold as many people, World Series or not.

Every fan would naturally want to think their stadium is the loudest, but I think in reality they are probably very comparable.

EDIT: Just realized somebody already posted these same figures earlier. Looks like I just wasted 5 minutes of my life.

Brees against our secondary for sure. If our front 4 are knocking brees around a bit, we will be fine...If brees gets a ton of time in the pocket, us Viking fans could be in for a loooooooooong day. It's all going to come down to who shows up and who wants it more.

As far as playing in the dome, I think we will be fine. We are practicing all week in a very loud environment so we will be prepared for that. We are also built to play inside and on turf.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast