Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SaintManJ83 is offline Rookie

What Concerns you most about the Saints

Viikings Fans what most concerns you about your matchup with our Saints and where do you think is your greatest weakness against our greatest strength and what is your greatest strength against our weakness?
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: What Concerns you most about the Saints

Brees concerns me the most. That is your greatest strength. Our greatest strength against Brees is our pass rush. If we can cover the receivers somewhat effectivley we can get to Brees.

With that said, our greatest weakness is the ability to stop the pass. So, all this going hand in hand. I think it will all come down to us limiting Brees.

It should be a great game!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:What Concerns you most about the Saints

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    Viikings Fans what most concerns you about your matchup with our Saints and where do you think is your greatest weakness against our greatest strength and what is your greatest strength against our weakness?
    I'm mostly concerned that they will score more points than we do. But I'm a minimalist.

Vikings' greatest strength vs. Saints' greatest weakness: I still believe in the Vikings' rushing attack. That's clearly the weakest of New Orleans' 4 non-ST units. If the Vikings can run the ball and use up the clock that could turn the tide.

Saints' greatest strength vs. Vikings' greatest weakness: That's got to be the Saints' passing game vs. the Vikings' secondary. I do, however, think the Vikings have made a crucial adjustment by playing Winfield in the slot with Benny Sapp on the outside. That's really seemed to pay-off the past couple weeks. If the Vikings can get consistent pressure on Brees and force him into check-downs and quick slants, I believe that will be what the need to do to win.

I also think the Vikings have a HUGE advantage at kicker. Ryan Longwell is playoff tested. Whatever the hell the Saints kicker is (Hartley?) is not.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That we come out flat on the road like usual

Not really a Saints issue persay

The biggest thing that concerns me about you guys is Adrian Petersen. I think if we can control AP our secondary is good enough to control Favre and your recievers. If we can't stop AP it will be hard to stop Favre and your recievers. People undeestimate our secondary but they shut Moss, Welker and Brady down and last week they held Fitzgerald catchless for the first 29 munutes and 30 seconds of the game.
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    The biggest thing that concerns me about you guys is Adrian Petersen. I think if we can control AP our secondary is good enough to control Favre and your recievers. If we can't stop AP it will be hard to stop Favre and your recievers. People undeestimate our secondary but they shut Moss, Welker and Brady down and last week they held Fitzgerald catchless for the first 29 munutes and 30 seconds of the game.
    I think of the Vikings can get consistent and solid pressure on Brees, the Vikings win. If not, and your O-line contains, than Saints win.

Even with pressure Brees will get off the quick pass, but as long as the purple bend and not break the Vikings should be able to squeak out a close one.

Home field advantage is going to be huge so the Vikings offense is going to have to move the ball, but I think between Peterson and Favre that shouldn't be a huge issue. Slowing your power house offense is going to be key.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    Hopefully stopping Peterson will be your defense's #1 priority, like the Cowboys and many before. this is what our offense is currently built upon. Respect the running game and allow Favre to do his magic. If Adrian/chester happen to have monster games then all the better, but they don't need to get big yardage to make our offense click.

Drew Brees and your myriad of good receivers will be the challenge. Give Brees time and he will have success, much more so than Romo. Nobody seems to talk about your running game, but it is very respectable. Especially with the change of pace you have with the different styles of rb's. I would be very surprised if we are able to keep the Saints under 24 points. Although I think it is quite possible to score more than 24 against you.

Reggie Bush is coming off of a great game and showed how valuable he can be when he comes to play. He's done it to us before and gives me a fair amount of concern.

Playing in your house is another big advantage that our guys will have to overcome.

As many have said before, line play will be key. Especially with these two teams and the talent they have on both sides of the ball. If one team can dominate line play, the skill players will shine.

I expect this to be a very good game and highly doubt you'll roll over on us and play as pathetically as the Cowboys did last week.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Mostly their talent.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

My biggest concern about the Saints is when they come out and score first they are damn near impossible to catch (though the Bucs pulled it off nicely).
    The Saints seem very much like a streaky team to me, and if you can get the down early and questioning some things it could be a very huge advantage for the Vikes.
    None

The thing is our secondary is very underated, and I am not talking about Sharper, but Jabari Greer and Tracey Porter. Greer was having a Darelle Revis like year literally (ask any Saints fan) before he was out with injury. He came back the last week of the regular season, and last week he was all over the place D'ing up. I think if we stop your ground game there is hardly no way your passing game will get off. You got to remember we just went against Warner and his pass catchers asnd they have the best WR in the league in Fitzgerald and he didn't even catch a pass in the first 29 minutes and 30 seconds of the game. Personally I think we aren't like teams who try to stop the run but are weak on the back end, our back end is strong, and stronger then most our opponents fans recognize.
    None

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast