Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Guruzen is offline Starter

What Childress lacks... Tice had.

When Tice was around, I was constantly moaned and groaned about his lack of intelligence and I admit I was one of those who wanted him out. However he was a players' coach and what he lacked in smarts he made up for with passion which rubbed off on the team.

Now I look at Childress who is all about "the system". The problem is when the system fails, there's nothing left to fall back on. There was no emotion, no passion and no sense of desperation when we were down in Mon night's game.

Tice had his shortcomings but one thing he never lacked was HEART and with that the team had IDENTITY. I look at our Vikes now and I see a soul-less machine that is bound by a "system" with no identity and little opportunity for playmakers to shine. Sure, we have an improved defense but you wouldn't have thought so from the way we played on Monday.

Mike Tice, we may not have as many wins with you but you were all heart and for that I salute you!

Metrodump is offline Starter

Re: What Childress lacks... Tice had.

CHILDRESS - da jury still be out. Need some mo time yet

TICE - total cement head.

DENNY - was da man. He had playaz playin and the system thang

Now blow the roof off the metrodump and we'll gain another 2 win per season just from da coad asss weather.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The only thing that Tice had that Childress doesn't is a pencil behind his ear.
    :P

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    When Tice was around, I was constantly moaned and groaned about his lack of intelligence and I admit I was one of those who wanted him out. However he was a players' coach and what he lacked in smarts he made up for with passion which rubbed off on the team.

Now I look at Childress who is all about "the system". The problem is when the system fails, there's nothing left to fall back on. There was no emotion, no passion and no sense of desperation when we were down in Mon night's game.

Tice had his shortcomings but one thing he never lacked was HEART and with that the team had IDENTITY. I look at our Vikes now and I see a soul-less machine that is bound by a "system" with no identity and little opportunity for playmakers to shine. Sure, we have an improved defense but you wouldn't have thought so from the way we played on Monday.

Mike Tice, we may not have as many wins with you but you were all heart and for that I salute you!
    The only "system" that was going on Monday night was the REFS SYSTEMATICALLY making bad calls that benefited the Patsies and screweed over the Vikings!!!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"RK." wrote:
    The only thing that Tice had that Childress doesn't is a pencil behind his ear.
    :P
    Hahahahahaa. Man daz hillarious. HAhahahaa. WORD
    ;D

Guruzen is offline Starter

"Metrodump" wrote:

Now blow the roof off the metrodump and we'll gain another 2 win per season just from da coad asss weather.
    Yah Denny did a pretty good job when he was with us.

I wouldn't mind losing the roof but it will certainly have an effect on on attendance in a losing season I think. Imagine a few years from now if we're 3-10 in the final weeks of the season, it's minus 20 wind chill outisde, who's gonna show up?? Of course, if we're 10-3 going for a playoff spot then that will be different.

I'll get flamed fo dis, but

Build a crip like dey gots in Green Bay. Dey had like 15+ yeahrs of loozin season and still sold out da crib da whole time. Dey had crappy coaches and team dat whole time, az we awl know.

Green Bay be like 100,000 population. What iz da cities? WAY MO.

Build an outdoor crib and they will come.

Build an outdoor crib and hire another Denny and we be right where weze need ta be. The end.

Az fo da thread at hand, like I say, Childress be needin mo than 7 games.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Guruzen" wrote:

great post..tice also never had an owner with any ambition or any intelligence to buy him a decent defense that wouldve surely gotten us to a superbowl at some point during his tenure as head coach..another thing i havent quite figured out is how the same offense with a ton LESS talent last season was a HECK of alot better than it is this season with a heck of alot more talent..ive questioned the hiring of childress from the start because the guy hadnt called a single play in his nfl career prior to being hired here
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Metrodump" wrote:
    I'll get flamed fo dis, but

Build a crip like dey gots in Green Bay. Dey had like 15+ yeahrs of loozin season and still sold out da crib da whole time. Dey had crappy coaches and team dat whole time, az we awl know.

Green Bay be like 100,000 population. What iz da cities? WAY MO.

Build an outdoor crib and they will come.

Build an outdoor crib and hire another Denny and we be right where weze need ta be. The end.

Az fo da thread at hand, like I say, Childress be needin mo than 7 games.

since when did they start playing professional football games in "cribs"?..last time i checked, denny was doing a fantastic job building the arizona cardinals
    :
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "Metrodump" wrote:

Yah Denny did a pretty good job when he was with us.

I wouldn't mind losing the roof but it will certainly have an effect on on attendance in a losing season I think. Imagine a few years from now if we're 3-10 in the final weeks of the season, it's minus 20 wind chill outisde, who's gonna show up?? Of course, if we're 10-3 going for a playoff spot then that will be different.

but we wont because we will have a massive homefield advantage.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast