Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    So your theory is that if the front 4 is 'good enough', you don't blitz ? I disagree. I have said it before here: if Rodgers burns us for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter when we blitz, so be it. I will admit that he is a good man and a good QB. But I think it is worth it to throw the kitchen sink at them and see what happens.

    Have you ever seen a rookie QB beat the blitz on national TV in his first NFL start ??

    Like I said, I don't think so. Packer fans, get ready...
    Almost sounds like you play a bit to much Madden my friend.
    ;D

    Of course we will blitz and put pressure on the young QB with multiple looks, that is basic football 101.
    Problem here is you want to blitz blitz blitz.


    If we do that, based on our personnel and scheme he will gash us for yards and possibly points.
    Why ohhh why would you keep exposing our CB's/Secondary
    by opening up the short passing lanes by sending our LB'rs?

    Again, JA was brought in to fix a deficiency on our roster related to talent on the field and scheme with the goal of getting pressure from the front 4 with out consistently sending a LB'r or S/CB to help get pressure.

    If that can't be done with our DL then we need to fire everybody for wasting picks and cash on JA especially with the issues they have on thier OL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    norsefan1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    80

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    ESPN - John Clayton: Roger, Packers have plenty to prove against Vikes ...

    Read it here - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3568954

    Monday night at Lambeau field...Pack fans are used to a Favre like performance from the QB.
    Will they get it from Rogers?

    Again, if we get him outta there we have recent Collegiates Matt Flynn, and Brian Brohm to harass.

  3. #23
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    Look at this injury report!!!
    http://www.nfl.com/injuries

    GB
    James Jones WR Knee Did Not Participate In Practice --
    Scott Wells C Back Did Not Participate In Practice --

    Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE Knee Full Participation in Practice --
    Ryan Grant RB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice --
    Atari Bigby S Ankle Limited Participation in Practice --
    Chad Clifton T Knees Limited Participation in Practice --
    A.J. Hawk LB Chest Limited Participation in Practice --
    Charlie Peprah S Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice --
    Jeremy Thompson DE Groin Limited Participation in Practice --
    Tracy White LB Ankle Limited Participation in Practice --
    Charles Woodson CB Not Injury Related Limited Participation in Practice --
    Josh Sitton G Knee Out (Definitely Will Not Play) --

    So, Sitton is out, Wells likely out, they move Spitz to C and put in a couple of backups at Both OG spots!!
    THen, Clifton is limited too...if his knees are sore, he likely won't be full strength vs. our rush even if he does play...Against our DL with 3 QBs with No Starts on MNF with the Hype hitting new levels?
    I might almost feel sorry for them, Not!
    Here's to hoping we repay them for their shutout at Lameblow last year!!!!!!
    BAAAWOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Charge!!!!!

    Vs. backups in 2 or 3 OL positions?
    Our front four better be able to get to the QB on their own!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. #24
    funkyasflea's Avatar
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    331

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Look at this injury report!!!
    http://www.nfl.com/injuries

    GB
    James Jones WR Knee Did Not Participate In Practice --
    Scott Wells C Back Did Not Participate In Practice --

    Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE Knee Full Participation in Practice --
    Ryan Grant RB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice --
    Atari Bigby S Ankle Limited Participation in Practice --
    Chad Clifton T Knees Limited Participation in Practice --
    A.J. Hawk LB Chest Limited Participation in Practice --
    Charlie Peprah S Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice --
    Jeremy Thompson DE Groin Limited Participation in Practice --
    Tracy White LB Ankle Limited Participation in Practice --
    Charles Woodson CB Not Injury Related Limited Participation in Practice --
    Josh Sitton G Knee Out (Definitely Will Not Play) --

    So, Sitton is out, Wells likely out, they move Spitz to C and put in a couple of backups at Both OG spots!!
    THen, Clifton is limited too...if his knees are sore, he likely won't be full strength vs. our rush even if he does play...Against our DL with 3 QBs with No Starts on MNF with the Hype hitting new levels?
    I might almost feel sorry for them, Not!
    Here's to hoping we repay them for their shutout at Lameblow last year!!!!!!
    BAAAWOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Charge!!!!!

    Vs. backups in 2 or 3 OL positions?
    Our front four better be able to get to the QB on their own!
    Welcome to the NFL Aaron Rogers... 8)

  5. #25
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    So your theory is that if the front 4 is 'good enough', you don't blitz ? I disagree. I have said it before here: if Rodgers burns us for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter when we blitz, so be it. I will admit that he is a good man and a good QB. But I think it is worth it to throw the kitchen sink at them and see what happens.

    Have you ever seen a rookie QB beat the blitz on national TV in his first NFL start ??

    Like I said, I don't think so. Packer fans, get ready...
    Almost sounds like you play a bit to much Madden my friend.

    ;D

    Of course we will blitz and put pressure on the young QB with multiple looks, that is basic football 101.
    Problem here is you want to blitz blitz blitz.



    If we do that, based on our personnel and scheme he will gash us for yards and possibly points.
    Why ohhh why would you keep exposing our CB's/Secondary
    by opening up the short passing lanes by sending our LB'rs?

    Again, JA was brought in to fix a deficiency on our roster related to talent on the field and scheme with the goal of getting pressure from the front 4 with out consistently sending a LB'r or S/CB to help get pressure.

    If that can't be done with our DL then we need to fire everybody for wasting picks and cash on JA especially with the issues they have on thier OL.
    Pressure will come up the middle flushing jolly Rodgers into Allen, Edwards, or both.
    Mark it down. K-Will is going to have a huge role in winning this game for us.
    And I can't wait to watch it.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    So your theory is that if the front 4 is 'good enough', you don't blitz ? I disagree. I have said it before here: if Rodgers burns us for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter when we blitz, so be it. I will admit that he is a good man and a good QB. But I think it is worth it to throw the kitchen sink at them and see what happens.

    Have you ever seen a rookie QB beat the blitz on national TV in his first NFL start ??

    Like I said, I don't think so. Packer fans, get ready...
    Almost sounds like you play a bit to much Madden my friend.

    ;D

    Of course we will blitz and put pressure on the young QB with multiple looks, that is basic football 101.
    Problem here is you want to blitz blitz blitz.



    If we do that, based on our personnel and scheme he will gash us for yards and possibly points.
    Why ohhh why would you keep exposing our CB's/Secondary
    by opening up the short passing lanes by sending our LB'rs?

    Again, JA was brought in to fix a deficiency on our roster related to talent on the field and scheme with the goal of getting pressure from the front 4 with out consistently sending a LB'r or S/CB to help get pressure.

    If that can't be done with our DL then we need to fire everybody for wasting picks and cash on JA especially with the issues they have on thier OL.
    Pressure will come up the middle flushing jolly Rodgers into Allen, Edwards, or both.
    Mark it down. K-Will is going to have a huge role in winning this game for us.
    And I can't wait to watch it.
    You my friend are wise beyond your years.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    Thats common sense homie

  8. #28
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    Rodgers is not going to beat the Vikes with 20+ yard passes, as the Vikes front 4 will not give him that much time, without blitzing.
    Plus, what I've seen in pre season Rodgers doesn't throw a good long ball.
    What Rodgers will do is stick to the WCO and dink and dunk and rely on his WR's to get the YACs.

    Thus, if the Vikes have to blitz to put pressure on Rodgers then there is going to be trouble.

    Lets face it, the Pack is not going to be able to run on the Vikes.
    Grant is not in shape having held out and is now injured.
    Brandon Jackson and Kregg Lumpkin???
    IMO Hicks would be a better starter.

    You gotta wonder why a team would feel confident when the average years of NFL experience of their QBs is 1 year and for their RBs is .67 years when these are the most important skill positions.

    Whereas the Vikes have: QB is 5.34 years experience and RB is 4 years experience.

    IMO when things start going bad the players with the least experience are the ones that react badly.

    I really wouldn't be surprised if a Viking DL does a "Kyle Boller" on Rodgers and the Pack realizes Grants performance last year was a fluke aided by a Favre passing attack.

    This will leave the Pack with a 7th round pick rookie QB and a couple scrubs for RB's.

    As a Vikes fan this couldn't be a better situation.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    "Adrian Peterson blows through the line like a bat out of hell, puts a move on Barnett, lowers his shoulder, and runs through Atari Bigby as if he weren't there at all."

    I wouldn't mind seeing/hearing that
    ;D

    And the only reason I used Bigby, not Harris is because we all know Al Harris doesn't have the balls to tackle anyone up high.

  10. #30
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

    Vikes still end up losing i bet

    I just dont feel comfortable i dont know why

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Crazy Joe" New Enemy of Robert Smith
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
  2. The enemy (Aaron Rodgers) is close
    By jkjuggalo in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 07:40 AM
  3. Behind Enemy Lines.....
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:39 AM
  4. From behind enemy lines...
    By LunchBox in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 11:18 AM
  5. Behind Enemy Lines....in Philly
    By Salzy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 11:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •