Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: What is being said about, by, or from our enemy ( next Opponent )?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I still can't believe that the Packers are starting a QB with zero NFL starts under his belt, and that on national TV. And vs. a big divisional rival.

... no pressure though... :

The Choke Factor is high in this one. If we don't blitz him constantly in the 1st Quarter, I will be pissed off, by the way.

LET'S GET THEIR QB OUT OF THERE EARLY WITH MULTIPLE BLITZES AND ALL KINDS OF AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE. We do this and it could get ugly.
    ;D
    LOL, again with the Blitzing........

I hope to all that is good in the world that we can get to him without blitzing.

I wanna see alot of our LB's back in coverage in the short zones (OLB) and between the hash marks/seams (MLB) and a bunch of JA, K-dub, Phat Pat and Ray swallowing him up cause he can't find an open reciever.
    Personally I hope you do blitz... while I have concerns in the interior of the protection up front, if you bring the backers we will shred that defense with a 3 step drop and quick throw. I am not convinced as of yet that the Vikings have solved their pass defense issues.. Monday night will be a litmus test there as well for our theory of playing a QB with no starts under his belt, and even less experience to turn to.

Ted is gambling big time here, or so it seems. In his three + years here, one thing is for certain.. he can see talent. He might need improvement in public speaking and tact, but he is a pretty good judge of talent.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I still can't believe that the Packers are starting a QB with zero NFL starts under his belt, and that on national TV. And vs. a big divisional rival.

... no pressure though... :

The Choke Factor is high in this one. If we don't blitz him constantly in the 1st Quarter, I will be pissed off, by the way.

LET'S GET THEIR QB OUT OF THERE EARLY WITH MULTIPLE BLITZES AND ALL KINDS OF AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE. We do this and it could get ugly.
    ;D
    LOL, again with the Blitzing........

I hope to all that is good in the world that we can get to him without blitzing.

I wanna see alot of our LB's back in coverage in the short zones (OLB) and between the hash marks/seams (MLB) and a bunch of JA, K-dub, Phat Pat and Ray swallowing him up cause he can't find an open reciever.
    Personally I hope you do blitz... while I have concerns in the interior of the protection up front, if you bring the backers we will shred that defense with a 3 step drop and quick throw. I am not convinced as of yet that the Vikings have solved their pass defense issues.. Monday night will be a litmus test there as well for our theory of playing a QB with no starts under his belt, and even less experience to turn to.

Ted is gambling big time here, or so it seems. In his three + years here, one thing is for certain.. he can see talent. He might need improvement in public speaking and tact, but he is a pretty good judge of talent.
    Agreed. I think they brought Jared Allen in so they wouldn't have to blitz. They will play a cover 2 and allow the four guys up front to put the pressure on rodgers. I really like the matchups between the packers offense and the vikings defense that way, the packers offense won't be nearly as effective with out favre, especially in Rodgers first career start.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think the color purple is really going to grow on Pack93Z ;D
    LOL.. we shall see eh.. any requests for the face of your signature for the next couple weeks.
    ;D
    Yeah, I want a picture of the look on your face after you team is shredded by the Vikings. Do you own a polaroid? ;D

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I didn't know that the Packers where that young. The guys at NFL Network always mentioned that the Vikings were a really young team, so I figured we were younger than the Packs.
    Based on opening-day rosters, the Packers ranked as the NFL's youngest team a year ago with an average age of 25.74 years.
    Wow, that is young, however it's based on the average of all the players. I think they should check out the average of the starters instead. That would be more interesting.

"HEY" wrote:
    I didn't know that the Packers where that young. The guys at NFL Network always mentioned that the Vikings were a really young team, so I figured we were younger than the Packs.
    Based on opening-day rosters, the Packers ranked as the NFL's youngest team a year ago with an average age of 25.74 years.
    Wow, that is young, however it's based on the average of all the players. I think they should check out the average of the starters instead. That would be more interesting.
    Given the ages of Phat Pat, Kevin Williams, Antoine Winfield, Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell it pushes our average up there (Not to mention Matt Birk and Mount McKinnie)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    Hell, when Farve left it probably single handedly dropped the average age by 2 years or so.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pack and Vikes will be going head to head for about 10 years then one team will get a new crop of players and will own the NFC north for awhile

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

So your theory is that if the front 4 is 'good enough', you don't blitz ? I disagree. I have said it before here: if Rodgers burns us for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter when we blitz, so be it. I will admit that he is a good man and a good QB. But I think it is worth it to throw the kitchen sink at them and see what happens.

Have you ever seen a rookie QB beat the blitz on national TV in his first NFL start ??

Like I said, I don't think so. Packer fans, get ready...

norsefan1 is offline Rookie

First year startin' QB, with 2 Rookie Backups...we should smell blood!

Also, what some of them are saying - http://www.packernet.com/blog/?p=136

Their Official Website - http://www.packers.com/gameday/2008/09-08/

+ http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/PKR01/80904155/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Their "animated :30 Game Preview" by Joe Heller -
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/PKR0803/309040047/1058/PKR01&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:
    Last year I added up the ages for all players for both teams and we were 1 year older (avg) than the PUKERS.
    Of course they lost Lord Dickhead but we lost T-rich.
    My guess is that it will be pretty close again this year as we have a few new guys on the roster.

By the way, to lazy to do it again this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast