Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    sureban's Avatar
    sureban is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    100

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    ALL of he Play Calls in the fourth should have been RUNS.

    Sincerely,
    Mark.

    P.S. - It Is Really unfortunate that Chester Taylor fumbled the Ball.

  2. #12
    sureban's Avatar
    sureban is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    100

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    Were They REALLY looking for a Defensive Pass Interfeerence penalty?

  3. #13
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    "sureban" wrote:
    Were They REALLY looking for a Defensive Pass Interfeerence penalty?
    Well if they were, 4th & 2 isn't the time to do it.

  4. #14
    SWAYZE74's Avatar
    SWAYZE74 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    258

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    exactly...i woulda like to seen a run or hit the RB out the backfield...if our "big money" line cant pick up 2 yds, we have some problems...i wasnt able to see the whole play but didi capt checkdown miss a RB coming out of the backfield?

    other then the fumble and stupid arse penalties i thought we had a solid game...


    peace...
    peace...

  5. #15
    sureban's Avatar
    sureban is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    100

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    exactly...i woulda like to seen a run or hit the RB out the backfield...if our "big money" line cant pick up 2 yds, we have some problems...i wasnt able to see the whole play but didi capt checkdown miss a RB coming out of the backfield?

    other then the fumble and stupid arse penalties i thought we had a solid game...


    peace...
    Thanks for helping me vent.

    Mark.

  6. #16
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    yeah i couldnt believe that either.. great game..but shouldnt have ended with that play


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #17
    kansas_man54 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    78

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    yeah, i'm not a fan of that play call on 4th and 2 either.
    i understand childress' logic in trying to throw em' off since they would more than likely be expecting a run or short pass.
    we were dumping it off all day long for a few here and a few there.
    woulda' much preferred a screen by c.taylor or dumping it off to wiggins.
    oh well, can't change it.
    good game though.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #18
    Deronn's Avatar
    Deronn is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    174

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

    The fake field goal last week would have
    been a bad play too if it hadn't worked. Pass on 4th and 2 a risky play? Yes, but no more so than the fake. If we hadn't have converted the fake FG last week, this tread would have started last week. Instead, the play was the talk of the NFL and Childress was called brilliant for outcalling 2 outstanding coaches.

    The offence hasn't been reliable enough the last 2 weeks for Childress to count on anything, which I'm sure is why he's calling these types of plays. They got us a win last week, and contributed to the loss this week.

    I think that these are the type of games we can expect all year - all decided by few points (3 pts each the last 3 games) and decided by a play or two. The defence is strong, but the offence just isn't dominant enough for games to play out any other way.

  9. #19
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    I question the running on the 3rd down. Maybe.

    But not the pass on 4th and 2. I think it was a passing play where Brad had the authority to throw to a number of recievers, and he thought he saw T-Will going open, and just didn't make the catch.

    It was the wrong read from the QB, he should have checked down to a diferent reciever. But then again he was hurried.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #20
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: What the ARF was that Play Call?

    "Deronn" wrote:
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

    The fake field goal last week would have
    been a bad play too if it hadn't worked. Pass on 4th and 2 a risky play? Yes, but no more so than the fake. If we hadn't have converted the fake FG last week, this tread would have started last week. Instead, the play was the talk of the NFL and Childress was called brilliant for outcalling 2 outstanding coaches.

    The offence hasn't been reliable enough the last 2 weeks for Childress to count on anything, which I'm sure is why he's calling these types of plays. They got us a win last week, and contributed to the loss this week.

    I think that these are the type of games we can expect all year - all decided by few points (3 pts each the last 3 games) and decided by a play or two. The defence is strong, but the offence just isn't dominant enough for games to play out any other way.
    Exactly, good post!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. anyone know of an audio link to PA's final play call?
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
  2. V4L's Play By Play Jax Vs. Vikes 1st Half
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
  4. Why the hell won't they call a playaction pass play?
    By fromos in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
  5. Phantom Holding call and BONEHEAD CALL
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •