Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What Was Adrian Peterson's Greatest Performance in 2007?

I liked the way he handled himself in the Detroit game. Those TDs made defenders sit right on their tail

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am glad I got to see both of these games live. The bears fans were actually complimenting him all game. I went with these two will be nothing compared to this year.
    With all due respect to the talent of Purple Jesus, it is INCREDIBLY difficult to get over 200 yards, let alone break the NFL rushing record.
    The San Diego game has to be the answer.

=Z=

I agree, the Sand DIego game was what I picked although I think the Chicago game was the funnest to watch.
    Very tough choice though.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Chargers. Most of it was in the second half and against a damn good defense.
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    I liked the way he handled himself in the Detroit game. Those TDs made defenders sit right on their tail
    I agree. That juke he made at about the 10 yard line where the defender just stood there baffled as he cut left and ran into the end zone was priceless.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

If we had a real NFL QB, AP would be unstoppable. The only reason that defenses were able to stop him (SF game, Bears 2nd game, Washington game) was due to our pathetic, inept passing game. If we had a QB who could throw us out of situations in which the defense stacks the box with 9 defenders, AP would be unstoppable. Unfortunately, we don't have that, so we are going to have to make due with "off tackle vs. a box stacked with 9 defenders" in 2008.

My only hope here is Berrian and that our coaching stafff might pull their head out of their *** and design some plays that get AP in space (screens, etc.). Maybe Tarvaris can throw the ball 7 yards, too.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    If we had a real NFL QB, AP would be unstoppable. The only reason that defenses were able to stop him (SF game, Bears 2nd game, Washington game) was due to our pathetic, inept passing game. If we had a QB who could throw us out of situations in which the defense stacks the box with 9 defenders, AP would be unstoppable. Unfortunately, we don't have that, so we are going to have to make due with "off tackle vs. a box stacked with 9 defenders" in 2008.

My only hope here is Berrian and that our coaching stafff might pull their head out of their *** and design some plays that get AP in space (screens, etc.). Maybe Tarvaris can throw the ball 7 yards, too.

even in an Adrian Peterson thread, Tjack gets bashed, awesome

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Well considering I was at teh San Diego game with teh Wife and I got to see history in the making It is easy to that game. However. I would have to say the Atl Game. Stats wise not his best game but I think most people really got to seethat he was a special kind of player

I went with the Chicago game.
    Hard to go against the record day, but some of those runs against the Bears D were just too impressive:

[youtube=425,350]ctV_OKxuQIw[/youtube]

Fewer yards, but only 20 carries.
    More to the point, he completely carried the team that day, including the huge return after the defense tried to give it away.

Also, he didn't fumble against the Bears.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't like personal achievements so I wouldn't pick either one of the games.

I went with other with the thought in mind of how quickly he came back (brace and all) so that he could help his team.

The team the team the team......... ;D
    You're thinking of the wrong game. WEEK 6. No injury yet. No brace yet. Get your act together.
    Nope, my act is together.
    Re-read my post.
    I'm not thinking of any game but rather how quickly he came back from his injury.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

although unlike Mar i do enjoy giving credit to individuals who go above and beyond what is expected of them. I think AD's best and most prevelent game was in detroit.

he didn't get the total yards, but he worked hard and worked WITH his Oline to produce scoring drives.

this for me was far greater then the sweetness we got to see in the record breaking and bears game.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast