Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    THE west coast offense...

    All you have to do to stop the vikes is to play tough d on first and second down.

    We'll put in moore on 3rd and long and throw him the ball in the flat for 6 yards when we need 15.

    SOMEBODY DO THE DAMN MATH ON THAT FOR ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    For the last couple games i wasn't sure if we actually had WR's.
    Today we actually threw some passes to guys running routes.
    Yeah!
    Moral victory there!
    Are the vikings actually professional atheletes?

    The quality of teams that we're losing to lately makes us look like saint mary magdalin's school for blind and retarted children.

    There are division 3 teams that could kick our asses.

    Please explain to me how the west coast offense is a good thing for this team.

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    If we had an acceptable line and receivers that consistently ran the correct routes that allowed them to be open in the seams of the defense the WCO could be very effective.

    Without those two things no offense is worth a crap.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    you're asking for things that we've paid for and do not have!

    If we could split up the guys on the left side of line, move one or two over to the right for some balance, and make them adjust a little, teams might stop blitzing all day on the right side of our line in passing situations and loading the left to stop the run.

    this is getting ridiculous.

    predictability combined with a complete lack of passion (on offense - the defense is for real) = the vikings settling for a 4-5 record.

    We should be sitting at 7-2 breathing down the necks of the bears.

  4. #4
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    "purplePEOPLEreader" wrote:
    you're asking for things that we've paid for and do not have!

    If we could split up the guys on the left side of line, move one or two over to the right for some balance, and make them adjust a little, teams might stop blitzing all day on the right side of our line in passing situations and loading the left to stop the run.

    this is getting ridiculous.

    predictability combined with a complete lack of passion (on offense - the defense is for real) = the vikings settling for a 4-5 record.

    We should be sitting at 7-2 breathing down the necks of the bears.
    I could not agree more.

  5. #5
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    "purplePEOPLEreader" wrote:
    you're asking for things that we've paid for and do not have!

    If we could split up the guys on the left side of line, move one or two over to the right for some balance, and make them adjust a little, teams might stop blitzing all day on the right side of our line in passing situations and loading the left to stop the run.

    this is getting ridiculous.

    predictability combined with a complete lack of passion (on offense - the defense is for real) = the vikings settling for a 4-5 record.

    We should be sitting at 7-2 breathing down the necks of the bears.
    Correction:
    We should be 8-1 and LEADING the BEARS!!!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #6
    Toro's Avatar
    Toro is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    128

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    Just to point out, the Vikings had one of the most prolific offenses of the past decade, and the current coaching staff thought it needed to be dramatically changed.
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

  7. #7
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    "Toro" wrote:
    Just to point out, the Vikings had one of the most prolific offenses of the past decade, and the current coaching staff thought it needed to be dramatically changed.
    Are you honestly saying that it's Childress' fault for trading Culpepper? And do you think we would be any better WITH Culpepper right now? Other than Burleson those are the only pieces we let go this offseason. Or are you arguing that Michael Bennett is a better alternative than Chester Taylor?

    Or wait...are you suggesting that this team would be better with an offense centered around a passing attack like the days with moss... How would that fly with our pathetic receiving corps right now?

  8. #8
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Toro" wrote:
    Just to point out, the Vikings had one of the most prolific offenses of the past decade, and the current coaching staff thought it needed to be dramatically changed.
    Are you honestly saying that it's Childress' fault for trading Culpepper? And do you think we would be any better WITH Culpepper right now? Other than Burleson those are the only pieces we let go this offseason. Or are you arguing that Michael Bennett is a better alternative than Chester Taylor?

    Or wait...are you suggesting that this team would be better with an offense centered around a passing attack like the days with moss... How would that fly with our pathetic receiving corps right now?
    Exactly, PPE. We HAD one of the most prolific offenses...that was from 1998-2004. That was Daunte and Moss, and prior to that Daunte, Carter and Moss and prior to that Cunningham, Carter and Moss. Carter and Moss were both long gone before this coaching staff came on the scene, along with virtually every other offensive and defensive player that was on those teams. Culpepper left because he wanted out if he couldn't get his money, and he wouldn't even be playing now anyway.

    Childress and Zygi had nothing to do with this offense's decline.

  9. #9
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    Don't forget the Carter, Reed, Moss year(s)...........


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  10. #10
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: THE west coast offense...

    The Vikings are fine. Childress is doing a great job his first year. We have so work but it will not happen overnite.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ron Turner's "West Coast" Offense
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM
  2. Do we really run a "west coast offense" and a "Cover 2" ??
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
  3. What is the West Coast Offense you may ask?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 10:43 AM
  4. West Coast Offense
    By Del Rio in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 01:42 AM
  5. Is the West Coast Offense dead?
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 08:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •