Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: West Coast Offense

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Stupid west coast...its not the Vikings style. Williamson doing quick routes? Thats a fukking joke, and the 7th overall in the 2005 draft for Minnesota is Troy Williamson "The Quick Slant Expert" ....I dont think so. Take the WC and shove it in your arse Childress....we want explosiveness not mediocre little league passing.
    actually we want a style that wins the games and ultimately gets us that elusive SB win. Now we've tried explosiveness and that got us two NFC appearances and zip all else. So now is the time to try something different, give it a try and see first and you might just find that you enjoy it.
    The reason why we didnt get further is because our defense was sh1t, you can build the next Mall Of America in our defensive holes that were present. No tackling, no covering, just non shalant retardation. Thats why my friend, thats why!
    That doesn't help but why not use a system that allows you to control the clock as well. The succesful teams in recent years have not been teams that throw the ball downfield constantly.
    I'll go for a scheme that gives us the best chance of winning, so I'm happy to try this and see how it works out
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    The reason why we didnt get further is because our defense was sh1t, ...
    :roll:

Or it means that the Vikings offense didn't play as well as the other team's offense.

It wasn't just the defense.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    The reason why we didnt get further is because our defense was sh1t, ...
    :roll:

Or it means that the Vikings offense didn't play as well as the other team's offense.

It wasn't just the defense.
    Sounds like your making an excuse for a horrible defense. What we use to put up 30+ pts a game sometimes....that is enough to beat any team if we had a good defense.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Stupid west coast...its not the Vikings style. Williamson doing quick routes? Thats a fukking joke, and the 7th overall in the 2005 draft for Minnesota is Troy Williamson "The Quick Slant Expert" ....I dont think so. Take the WC and shove it in your arse Childress....we want explosiveness not mediocre little league passing.
    I posted this in a different thread but I'm not going to make a whole new post so here it is

As for this talk about the west coast offense taking away the deep ball, wasnt BC the guy that put together TO's amazing start to the year? In the 7 games that TO played this year he put up 10 catches of 20+ yard and 4 of 40+. For the entire season all of our WR's together to up 24 catches of 20+ and 8 of 40+. Hmmm 7 games verus 16, 1 WR vs 5. These stats dont lie and I really think people are misunderstanding exactly what and how the WCO is going to work. The WCO puts our receivers in a position to pick up more YAC which is what I think caters to the likes of Koren and Burly. I know that TO is a top 3 WR in the NFL but we have a very capable core group of WR's that combined should be putting up the same numbers as one player.

I, for one, am really excited to try anything new because our O was down right awful this past year and think something defiantely needs to change. I would much rather have a consistant offense that is focused on ball control as opposed to the 3 and out with the occasional bomb twice a game that makes our offense so "powerful". Numerous 3 and outs makes it very hard on the D, puts them on the field a lot.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Thanks for that post Del. Even the Ole Lady now understands! :wink: A miricle since I've only rooted for them for 34 years and never got into coaching beyond the HC and cussing the Refs! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Me thinks somebody needs to chill out. :???:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Not really, other then the deep shots taken to a WR the WC is pretty boring. The thing I've always liked is the explosiveness of the Vikings. But it seems that we are in a rebuilding stage and trying to make the playoffs and everything so I guess I should become a model Vikings fan and stfu and go with the flow...at least thats what this forum wants.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    Not really, other then the deep shots taken to a WR the WC is pretty boring. The thing I've always liked is the explosiveness of the Vikings. But it seems that we are in a rebuilding stage and trying to make the playoffs and everything so I guess I should become a model Vikings fan and stfu and go with the flow...at least thats what this forum wants.

:cheers: <----- Someone may need a timeout.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Its worth a try, I think with the type of speed we have at the skill positions (with the exception of QB) we could benefit from it.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"mystykoekaki" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mystykoekaki" wrote:
    No, need to chill with the langauge.

Be the fan you want to be, just relax on the language. :wink:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast