DaunteHOF is offline Coach

We're simply not that good....

I mean we might win the division but I don't see us going far into the playoffs and superbowl XL is looking farther and farther. I think really it bolds down to our O line and our offensive coordinator, the Dolphins offense is actually scoring and I think much of that has to do with Scott Linehan, our defense is bad right and we're suppose to rely on that but they're getting tired being on the field constantly.

I don't blame Daunte because all his career the defense been giving him one look with Moss here then he leaves and he sees a entirely different look now, he played well in preseason but it's not sufficient now. For those of you clamoring for Brad Johnson, Do you honestly feel he would make that much of a difference?

I think we need new coaches and get rid of Tice finally, then move on from there after this season. I'm not giving up on this year but the expectations I had don't look like it'll come true.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We're simply not that good....

Until we become the kind of team that can come from behind on the road to win a game, we'll never be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Good teams like the Patriots and Eagles are able to win in that situation, as they have demonstrated many times. It's something we have rarely done these last few seasons.

A lot of that has to do with coaching. I really wish things had worked out under Tice because I always hate to see coaches get fired, but as you say we're just not that good yet. Under Denny Green, we did come from behind to win road games many times, but under Tice it just doesn't happen. This is not Daunte's fault...I think I finally agree we're in need of a head coaching change, as well as a new offensive coordinator. But keep Cottrell...the guy knows defense and he can turn this into a solid unit.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    I mean we might win the division but I don't see us going far into the playoffs and superbowl XL is looking farther and farther. I think really it bolds down to our O line and our offensive coordinator, the Dolphins offense is actually scoring and I think much of that has to do with Scott Linehan, our defense is bad right and we're suppose to rely on that but they're getting tired being on the field constantly.

I don't blame Daunte because all his career the defense been giving him one look with Moss here then he leaves and he sees a entirely different look now, he played well in preseason but it's not sufficient now. For those of you clamoring for Brad Johnson, Do you honestly feel he would make that much of a difference?

I think we need new coaches and get rid of Tice finally, then move on from there after this season. I'm not giving up on this year but the expectations I had don't look like it'll come true.
    Ahh, YEAH. Don't make me laugh. A QB can't get much worse! :roll:

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

even our supposedly good players are playing like crap. where has K.Williams been? he has 0 sacks and hasn't come close to sniffing a QB. Daunte has played like complete crap and it almost makes me sick to watch him play the game, holds on to the ball way too long! those are two of our marque players on both sides of the ball and they are completely stinking it up. i guess we're simply not that good and all that talk during the offseason was just that, talk. everything we predicted for this season has been a complete joke, top 10 defense and top 10 offense not even close. the only thing that we have to celebrate is that the packers are playing just as bad as we are.

on a positive note i'm impressed with Troy Williamson, he's the only receiver that has stepped up when he's gotten a shot! i think we should start him and Burleson. heck i dunno just an idea, what does anybody think?

Thanks Josdin

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

we may as well try with Brad Johnson, it can't be worse and may be better
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

zimtwister is offline Coach

dump frakentice let birk coach
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    dump frakentice let birk coach
    Zim Zim Zim, come on now!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

simply not that good?

bah!

our players are better than the way they are playing.... i will tell you what is simply not that good...our coaching staff through and through. it is sad when our best staff is the special teams coach. tice is an idiot, never prepaired. we don't have a deep threat every down receiver anymore yet we run the same offense. our OC has no experience running an offense in the NFL. our DC picks the worst possible times to play prevent defense--like the whole game against a great team. tice doesn't install any fear or heart into the team... no one's job is up for grabs...no one sits unless they do drugs. oh shucks! i'm not mad at you anymore... you're my bestest friend... mistakes by the vikes: not agreeing to Birk's measely terms, not re-signing Russell, not signing up Dixon even for the practice squad, not going out and getting a true deap threat like Burress (since the staff wants to run the same offense).

If i were the vikes coaching staff, i would be practicing eight to 10 hours a day from now until Saturday of next week. They'd be eating their eggs and hashbrown while running sprints. I would run training camp all over again and cut or bench anyone not pulling their weight. No rest on Sunday bye week. no fun, no jokes... Oline plays with fullpads everyday till their knuckles bleed and if they can't take it, give their job to someone else. slap Culp in the hands with a ruler everytime he holds the ball for more than 3 seconds. buddy coaches do not work!

venting is good! tice sucks donkey!

We play with no heart or discipline. We need better coaching! We have all the talent we need, but no structure. Did any actually believe Mike Tice would come in and take us to a Superbowl! Come on, back to reallity. We need a Defensive mind like Jim Johnson from Philly. With a good defense and average offense we could win a superbowl. And like the Eagles MeMoe can be as good as Westbrook. Westbrook is not a phenominal specimen. He creates disruption on Def. by catching ball out of the backfield. OH MY he supposed to run the BALL not Catch IT!!!!!!!!! thats what def look like triing to defend him. And all the while TO is wide open because of westbrook! Sorry i got away from my point!
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    simply not that good?

bah!

our players are better than the way they are playing.... i will tell you what is simply not that good...our coaching staff through and through. it is sad when our best staff is the special teams coach. tice is an idiot, never prepaired. we don't have a deep threat every down receiver anymore yet we run the same offense. our OC has no experience running an offense in the NFL. our DC picks the worst possible times to play prevent defense--like the whole game against a great team. tice doesn't install any fear or heart into the team... no one's job is up for grabs...no one sits unless they do drugs. oh shucks! i'm not mad at you anymore... you're my bestest friend... mistakes by the vikes: not agreeing to Birk's measely terms, not re-signing Russell, not signing up Dixon even for the practice squad, not going out and getting a true deap threat like Burress (since the staff wants to run the same offense).

If i were the vikes coaching staff, i would be practicing eight to 10 hours a day from now until Saturday of next week. They'd be eating their eggs and hashbrown while running sprints. I would run training camp all over again and cut or bench anyone not pulling their weight. No rest on Sunday bye week. no fun, no jokes... Oline plays with fullpads everyday till their knuckles bleed and if they can't take it, give their job to someone else. slap Culp in the hands with a ruler everytime he holds the ball for more than 3 seconds. buddy coaches do not work!

venting is good! tice sucks donkey!
    Sorry, Rusty Tillman is not that good. Our special teams have been poor for years now. Cycling through old washed up kickers and punters and having poor coverages. The only bright spots this season have been Chris Kluwe and Paul Edinger. If our best coach is Tillman, we are in BIG trouble!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!