Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We're letting our own Brian Westbrook go to waste...

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I guess my post with those same stats wasn't good enough for you cajun! jk
    I actually didn't see your post...but I was trying to show the original poster the error of his ways...my bad!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I know, just givin' ya a hard time!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Agreed! MM should be a starter, he's just too good for special teams and its absolutely stupid to keep him benched.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

As long as Bennett isn't starting...I'm happy.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: We're letting our own Brian Westbrook go to waste...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore.

Yes, roll that name around one more time. Mewelde Moore. MM. MSquared. MeMo.

Yes, the man who averaged 7.3 yards per touch. He's quick, a tough runner, and he has amazingly soft hands. And we're letting him sit on the bench. Why?

What the Vikings need to do is have a power runner with speed - Onterrio Smith! - and Mewelde Moore, a versatile back who can play in the slot, in 2 back sets and alternating in and out of the game. Combined with (assuming we resign him) two tight end sets with Jimmy and Jermaine, we would give offenses FITS. There's no excuse for us to not be able to run the same spread-it-out offense that Philly does - only our players are, in fact, better.
    I too am an MM fan. But, he avg. 5.8 yds per carry. I think he has a legit chance to be a starter.
    I was aware that he averaged 5.8 yds per carry - he averages 8.8 per reception. 5.8+8.8/2 = 7.3
    That is a gross overstatement...here's why...MM had 65 rushes and 27 catches for a total of 92 touches....he had 379 yards rushing and 238 yards receiving for a total of 617 yards. Divide 617 by 92 and you get 6.71 yards per touch...still NOT TOO SHABBY! He advances to the next round of Viking Idol!!! :rr:
    Thank you. Math, its not that hard. :lol:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Calmwind" wrote:
    I totally agree, the only difference between him and Westbrook is he is better! I was at the Titans game at home and got to see him start! (Altho i didnt get to see randy really play) I noticed Westbrook would rather step out of bounds than take a hit, M&M fights for those extra yards, must be Big Moe rubbing off on him! In a few years Mewelde will be our superstar
    Same here, that was the first chance I'd had to see him live and I was impressed both with his play and when he was interviewed after. He's got a good attitude and that has also shown since Tice put him back on the sidelines when Bennett and Smith were back. I've not heard of any bitching or whining on his part over that and all credit to him for it. he's got a good future if the Vikes manage it correctly
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We're letting our own Brian Westbrook go to waste...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore.

Yes, roll that name around one more time. Mewelde Moore. MM. MSquared. MeMo.

Yes, the man who averaged 7.3 yards per touch. He's quick, a tough runner, and he has amazingly soft hands. And we're letting him sit on the bench. Why?

What the Vikings need to do is have a power runner with speed - Onterrio Smith! - and Mewelde Moore, a versatile back who can play in the slot, in 2 back sets and alternating in and out of the game. Combined with (assuming we resign him) two tight end sets with Jimmy and Jermaine, we would give offenses FITS. There's no excuse for us to not be able to run the same spread-it-out offense that Philly does - only our players are, in fact, better.
    whoa that woould scare the POO-POO out of every d.c. kid
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

I think the big reason he isint starting is because he cant block. I heard that he cant pick up the blitz well and keep cully safe in the pocket. Thats basically the reason hes not starting.

I do like his running style and the kind of reciever he was, just like westbrook. Maybe he'll get more playing time in his second year and not in his rookier year when he didnt know too much about the pro level.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

chennegar is offline Rookie

I think if anybody gets traded it should be Bennett. The other two backs have so much potential that it only makes sense to give them the ball. They will have to have more than 10 carries a game though.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Go Leroy Hoard! He should start for us, he always gots us 3 yards?!
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast