Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We're going to the Playoffs boys!!!

Threads like this are a curse

Frostbite is offline Coach

"mamaluke" wrote:
    It has been a while since I have been posting. Actually right about before the Vikes went on a 5 game winning streak ( I beleive they beat one team with a winning record during that time, thank God it was the Giants as I have to live with all these obnoxious Giants fans here in Jersey). I am praying they can pull one out against Denver and somehow the Cowboys will have enough motivation to beat the Redskins. But I seriously doubt either one is going to happen. Even if we did make it in it I really don't think we are going anywhere and we might just get even more embarrassed on a national prime time stage. I give our boys all the credit in the world for making it this far , but to be honest I would have rather they tanked and they would be able to get a better draft position and concentrate on getting a franchise QB and another quality receiver or two. We also need more depth at secondary (especially the corners) as iit is quite apparent that McCauley and Griffith are average players at best, plus Winfield is getting up there in age as is Sharper.
    How they can not be able to beat a team putting eight men in the box is beyond me. Jackson has shown some glimpses that he may be a pretty good QB, but how long are we supposed to wait and find out? The guy single handedly blew that game last night, despite coming on in the second half to have us just fall short. I think we better start looking around ASAP. No McNabb or some other beat up QB either.

It's easy to see why...other options with the play makers like Swing passes...screens...passes to the flats etc are rarely tried. They usually work when we do but our coaches never come back to those plays. We will not beat Denver at Mile High unless we can find ways to use AD and Taylor...and our tight ends better as receivers. We have to make Denver cover the WRs and respect the passes. The slants, and short play action passes will work....if chilly and frazier ever figure it out.

When was last time we lined AD up in the slot as a Receiver and made a defensive LB responsible for the coverage on him?? Same with C.Tay. These guys are deadly weapons in the open field..and with one quick step can gain serious yards or score outright. They can't beat the 8 man front with 5 blockers period. Ain't never going to happen! This hard head approach and un-willingness to change tactics will not only beat us it will opens up a much higher injury risk to both RBs, because running them into a stacked 8 man entrenched defense in close proximity to our other big lineman could get our man stepped on or landed on at a wierd time and there goes his season...possibly career.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Yea...but who wants to back in?? need help?? We had the GOLDEN opportunity tonight to show what the team is really made of offensively. We had the GOLDEN opportunity to close the door and TAKE the last playoff spot. We showed that we are NOT a real playoff contender in any offensive aspect of the game....from coaching (Game Plan) adjustments against the 8 man box or from the player performance with the Turnovers.

Cheers!
    I was never a big fan of that term. Exactly how does a team back into the playoffs when they have a better winning record than the team below them? The Viles would finish 9-7 & the Redskins 8-8.

The record is what determines the playoffs unless there's a tie. Wins vs. losses. It does not matter in which order those wins & loses occur, only that at the end of the season after the last game is played the teams with the best record go in.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    It has been a while since I have been posting. Actually right about before the Vikes went on a 5 game winning streak ( I beleive they beat one team with a winning record during that time, thank God it was the Giants as I have to live with all these obnoxious Giants fans here in Jersey). I am praying they can pull one out against Denver and somehow the Cowboys will have enough motivation to beat the Redskins. But I seriously doubt either one is going to happen. Even if we did make it in it I really don't think we are going anywhere and we might just get even more embarrassed on a national prime time stage. I give our boys all the credit in the world for making it this far , but to be honest I would have rather they tanked and they would be able to get a better draft position and concentrate on getting a franchise QB and another quality receiver or two. We also need more depth at secondary (especially the corners) as iit is quite apparent that McCauley and Griffith are average players at best, plus Winfield is getting up there in age as is Sharper.
    How they can not be able to beat a team putting eight men in the box is beyond me. Jackson has shown some glimpses that he may be a pretty good QB, but how long are we supposed to wait and find out? The guy single handedly blew that game last night, despite coming on in the second half to have us just fall short. I think we better start looking around ASAP. No McNabb or some other beat up QB either.

It's easy to see why...other options with the play makers like Swing passes...screens...passes to the flats etc are rarely tried. They usually work when we do but our coaches never come back to those plays. We will not beat Denver at Mile High unless we can find ways to use AD and Taylor...and our tight ends better as receivers. We have to make Denver cover the WRs and respect the passes. The slants, and short play action passes will work....if chilly and frazier ever figure it out.

When was last time we lined AD up in the slot as a Receiver and made a defensive LB responsible for the coverage on him?? Same with C.Tay. These guys are deadly weapons in the open field..and with one quick step can gain serious yards or score outright. They can't beat the 8 man front with 5 blockers period. Ain't never going to happen! This hard head approach and un-willingness to change tactics will not only beat us it will opens up a much higher injury risk to both RBs, because running them into a stacked 8 man entrenched defense in close proximity to our other big lineman could get our man stepped on or landed on at a wierd time and there goes his season...possibly career.

Cheers!
    If I was a coach and saw our QB throw inaccurate passes on a consistent basis would you trust him to throw a screen pass?

Comeon people, it sounds sexy and it might work in Madden all the time, but the screen pass is hard to set up and make work.

It takes the OL to do thier job right (sell pass, hold pass block, release pass block, get to screen blocking spot).

It takes the RB to do thier job right (Sell pass, hold pass block, release pass block, get to screen reception spot).

It takes the QB to do the right thing.......Well I don't need to go any further do I.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    no kidding, nice job retard..who started this thread? :P

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    no kidding, nice job retard..who started this thread? :P
    Probably the same persoin that started the thread about how AD was going to get the most rushing yards in a season....that turned out great.
    :

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839