Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We're going to the Playoffs boys!!!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikes_King link=topic=39966.msg679623#msg679623 date=1196083166]
    Week 17 At Denver (5-6) Vikings are 2-1 vs. AFC West. And if the Bears can do it...
    lol, i loved that line.

Granted the Bears had to do it with a TD off of a Punt & Kick off return by Hester.
    I've been saying for a while now that the Denver game is one i've really been looking forward too, #1 ranked rush offense vs #32 ranked rush defense.
    We should be able to eat up the clock and get some good yards
    Lets hope it's about 15* out with a 30 mph wind... Imagine are brute O linemen leaning on the defense all night... CT and AD pounding into them... you'll be able to here those hits up in the announcers booth.
    i could go with a little less on the winds.
    There will likely be a few times where drives will stall and we'll want to go for 3.
    Should be a good game tho, i hope we knock Kitna off of his high horse and make him look like Eli
    I'm sure Purple Jesus can tame the winds, at least temporarily, in order for us to kick FGs
    hell.. i'm sure he could probably kick the FG's himself..
    Heck, if he was kicking em, we wouldn't even need to be worried about the wind!
    Latest rumors were he was making them from 70
    yards into gail force swirling winds!
    [/quote]

and that was with a bum knee..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    We're going to the Playoffs boys!!!
    No expectations, no disappointments.
    I am willing to fan the fire of hope a little bit now knowing that there is a good chance I will be disappointed later.

LOL.
    I'll just savor the win for a week. The Lions won't be a pushover next week.

I just wish I worked with a few Giants fans.

Wouldn't it be great though to take the wildcard & beat the Pack on their turf again?
    ;D

See..........there I go, getting way ahead of myself.
    I actually work with mostly Giants fans. I had two bets on the game today... and thanks to the Vikes, I have a hot asain woman buying all my drink at Happy Hour on friday (singer, you'd love her) and my coworker has to put Vikings stuff all over his office... can't wait for work tomorrow.

This is the back cover of today's Daily News. Go Vikes!

[img width=450 height=583]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/mcmlvi88/DailyNews11-26-07.jpg[/img]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Let's just focus on the Lions.
    One game at a time.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I am willing to fan the fire of hope a little bit now knowing that there is a good chance I will be disappointed later.

LOL.

Wouldn't it be great though to take the wildcard & beat the Pack on their turf again?
    ;D

I actually work with mostly Giants fans. I had two bets on the game today... and thanks to the Vikes, I have a hot asain woman buying all my drink at Happy Hour on friday (singer, you'd love her) and my coworker has to put Vikings stuff all over his office... can't wait for work tomorrow.

[img width=450 height=583]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/mcmlvi88/DailyNews11-26-07.jpg[/img]
    Hahahaha.... That's hilarious. I'm printing it out and making him hang it in his office. Thanks!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

I guess I like to speculate about the playoffs. Forget this one game at a time junk. It is clear to pretty much everyone that the Vikings have the easiest remaining schedule. I said this last week, that if the Vikings, with there weak ending schedule, win 5 out of 6 games we can go over .500 and make the playoffs. I didn't have us fairy very well, I predicted a win...(not the right score I mind you) but I thought we could upset NY and have an outside shot at the wild card. Detroit has lost there last two, I believe, and it might be a third in a row this coming weekend.

Lions 17, Vikings 27
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

If there was one game all season I wanted us to win, it was this. I HATE HATE HATE the giants

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes2456" wrote:
    If there was one game all season I wanted us to win, it was this. I HATE HATE HATE the giants
    dont we all..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=39966.msg679172#msg679172 date=1196029626]

LOL.

;D

Hahahaha.... That's hilarious. I'm printing it out and making him hang it in his office. Thanks!!!
    [/quote]

Next week's paper - we can substitute Kitna for Eli. But for now this is so sweet.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "C" wrote:
    [quote]
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "C" wrote:
    [quote]
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39966.msg679234#msg679234 date=1196032732]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=39966.msg679172#msg679172 date=1196029626]

LOL.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

This thread is pretty funny. We are 5-6, have lost more games then we've won, and people are talking playoffs. I wish i had that optimism.

We gotta concentrate on the lions. With our terrible CBs (i hope Winfield is playing) Kitna may have his best game. I wish childress would get in the face of Griffin and McC...they get turned around so easy and look lost back there. Right now we need a good CB more then a QB.

I personally would be very happy with an 8-8 record even without making the playoffs. It would be an improvement over last year, and be a good season after the way we started. It would mean Childress finally has things clicking and TJ is ready to be an NFL starter.

After a few more wins we can talk playoffs but right now its just silly.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast