Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 'We're doing what we need to do to win'

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    BS: Are you having more fun calling plays than ever before?

DB: Yeah, I'm having fun. We have a lot of playmakers. There are a lot of guys who, in one breath, you want to give them the ball. But, in another breath, if it doesn't go to the exact guy it's designed to, it's still going to a pretty good playmaker.
    Should dispel all myths about who is calling the plays.

Yup... brett favre sounds like he's calling the plays.

Ha......I have given ole Noodle Arm props and (much to my suprise) that was for staying within the scheme.

If he was calling the plays my guess is the gunslinger would have come out of the closet by now......
    What if he (BF) actually can be taken for his word and believes in the philosophy that has been spewed from the
    HC to the OC to the players that the run is first everything else is second.
    I actually believe he has bought into that philosophy.
    Again, I give him props for that but worry that we might see the return of the gunslinger (and what is left of his arm).

As I have pointed out (back when he was a PUKER and a JET), I think that is exactly what he did in 2007 as well.
    Unfortunately for the PUKERS, he fell off the wagon and the ole gunslinger came out in the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

Not sure about you guys, but I don't ever want to see that cat come out again.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

DB: Yeah, I'm having fun. We have a lot of playmakers. There are a lot of guys who, in one breath, you want to give them the ball. But, in another breath, if it doesn't go to the exact guy it's designed to, it's still going to a pretty good playmaker.
    I didn't know it was a question.There was an article a while back that laid it out like this:

Bevell comes up with a strategy
    He meets with Chilly and any changes that Chilly wants to see get made.
    Bevell then installs it with the offense.

Then here is what I hope happens:

Brett gets the plays in the huddle and determines which ones are worth trying and which ones suck and changes those himself to something that has a chance of working. ;D
    You are correct but there are still people that call out Chilly for every little thing that goes wrong.
    They will call him out by saying there was a stupid call here or there because it doesn't work yet when the same type of play in the same situation workds a different time it's not even looked at.
    Just be careful. At some point I might resemble that statement ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Ha......I have given ole Noodle Arm props and (much to my suprise) that was for staying within the scheme.

If he was calling the plays my guess is the gunslinger would have come out of the closet by now......
    What if he (BF) actually can be taken for his word and believes in the philosophy that has been spewed from the
    Again, I give him props for that but worry that we might see the return of the gunslinger (and what is left of his arm).

As I have pointed out (back when he was a PUKER and a JET), I think that is exactly what he did in 2007 as well.
    Unfortunately for the PUKERS, he fell off the wagon and the ole gunslinger came out in the NFC Championship game against the Giants.

i don't think ti will

Because I don't think AP will be ever held for around 20 yards

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53401.msg999574#msg999574 date=1253967730]

i don't think ti will

[/quote]
    The staff certainly has beefed up the OL this year with PL on the right side to facilitate the running game as well as adding Sully (who can pull) to help on the plays like screens.

I, for one, would have been a bit more comfortable with someone like Brown at C and almost anyone (except Tauscher) at RT.

Anyway, all water under the bridge.
    When AD was shutdown by the 9rs, CT excelled.
    Lets hope that combo still works if AD is shutdown.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=hx38596 link=topic=53401.msg999594#msg999594 date=1253970030]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53401.msg999574#msg999574 date=1253967730]

i don't think ti will

[/quote]
    The staff certainly has beefed up the OL this year with PL on the right side to facilitate the running game as well as adding Sully (who can pull) to help on the plays like screens.

I, for one, would have been a bit more comfortable with someone like Brown at C and almost anyone (except Tauscher) at RT.

[/quote]

haha yah

Wasn't that 2 years ago?

Im not worried

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I didn't know it was a question.There was an article a while back that laid it out like this:

Bevell comes up with a strategy
    He meets with Chilly and any changes that Chilly wants to see get made.
    Bevell then installs it with the offense.

Then here is what I hope happens:

Brett gets the plays in the huddle and determines which ones are worth trying and which ones suck and changes those himself to something that has a chance of working. ;D
    You are correct but there are still people that call out Chilly for every little thing that goes wrong.
    They will call him out by saying there was a stupid call here or there because it doesn't work yet when the same type of play in the same situation workds a different time it's not even looked at.
    Just be careful. At some point I might resemble that statement ;D
    LOL Uff.
    I'm counting on it! ;D

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:

CT was shut down cold too, who are you kidding?
    We won that game on flukey plays and thankfully that was enough.
    Outside of 1 run, our O sucked the entire game.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Thankfully that was enough? We won convincingly. 27-7.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

True, but he did get that one run.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12