VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

We're all disappointed

Well, heres the deal. I know we're all upset that for the fourth straight week we lost to a team we are better than. Some up points though:

Despite the Vikings giving up 6 turnovers, a couple deep in viking Terrority, the defense still played a good game only allowing 28 points, thats less than 5 points per turnover.

Our offense still ranks number one. We need to get back to running the football and controling the clock, I think we've gotten a little too greedy trying for the big play too often. Keep it on the ground with Moe and Bennett, and take shots periodically.

Younger guys played and did very good. Again re-affirming to me, we need to make a few personel changes on defense. Getting EJ in for biekert 40% and Rodgers/Nattiel in for Crocket 50-60%, Or at least play a 3-4 more often. This LB corps can become an asset instead of a liability if players are used properly in the right situations.

We made small, correctable, mistakes. A couple successful tackles here, a better break on the ball (comes from studying film)there, and some better play calling to get Moss involved more, and we're right back to being a power house again. I believe these mistakes are happening because Red McCombs made those comments. That, I think, has forced Tice to take a relaxed approach rather than a hard-nosed one. He can't have moral get low otherwise we stand no chance, but now thats over, and I say we do nothing but tackle all week.

We're still 6-4. Yes I know it hurts us and our credibility to lose to 2 of the worst teams in the league right now, but thats no reason to give up, it can happen to anyone, I mean the Bengals beat the Chiefs.

As far as Daunte goes, He still has the league low for INTs, and still has a pretty damn high-passer rating. It is natural to blame a Quarterback for a teams struggles, and the Raiders game was totally Daunte's fault, no one can disagree with that. However, we need to stop controling him and let him have fun. He is checking down too much, and throwing the ball awayunder the wrong circimstances. let the Kid play with his instincts, instead of making him worry. Tice should go up to Daunte and say "Good game kid" and let him know its OK to make a mistake or throw an INT, in a way this could be the kinda game he needed. Now he can take some chances, and make some plays, and he'll know if things don't go perfectly, he has the support of his coaches and team-mates. And at least one Vikings Fan. I wore a Culpepper Jersey to school today, and was pround of it. GO DAUNTE!

Anyways, lets get a victory out of Detroit and upset Seattle, make the changes necessary, and get a playoff birth. Then We can take it from there.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

We're all disappointed

I d rather have a FLAMING CASES OF HERPES than be a CHEESEHEAD!!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

We're all disappointed

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

We're all disappointed

"Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

We're all disappointed