Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Well, what can you say about the D?

Nothing. They fucking suck. And please do not mention playoffs 'cause at this point this team has no business being there. You always look to remain positive, however I'm not gonna pretend that the Vikings are better than they really are. Even if they manage to sneak in the playoffs I can't see them going very far. They shot themselves in the foot with penalties on the offensive side of the ball today. In all fairness, the defense did do a decent job against the run but against the pass? forget it, they got the one big interception for the TD, from there I thought they'd continue to rise up to the occasion but I suppose that was asking a bit much.

That's where our defense stinks. We get the momentum but we give it right back by letting the other team have a sustained drive to score right back.

If we could only score, then make the team go 3 and out, we would be deadly. We have failed to put a team away all season long.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

It is what it is, we have won 8 games and nobody can take them away. Say what you want but we are going to the playoffs, wether you want to think about it our not, tuff sh*t.

It's gonna be so hard to watch at least one extra game in the best sport in the world. It's gonna be so hard.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

D is rough. No doubt about it. Offense needs to score in the second half. Linnehan needs to be canned. 1 and 25, and we run? Then we bomb? Oh good. 3 and 25. Genius.

bleedpurple is online now Ring of Fame

the defense should just not even suit up...we should just conceed 30 points and see if we can score 31

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

You mean we have a D, did someone find them or something?
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Here is some things I've noticed about our team today:

1. Our linebackers can't cover. Except for the pick by Claiborne, their receivers were 7-11 all day on the crossing routes even in obvious passing situations.

2. Our corners/safeties can't cover. Sure occasionally they can run with rceivers but when the ball is in the air, it is a catch 99% of the time.

3. Do we even have a defense on third downs?

4. Our offense can't play in the second half. Honestly another amazing 3 points in the second half.

5. We have quite possibly the worst team in existence when the pressure is on. I can't even think of the last time the vikings won a "must-win" game.

6. If we do manage to make the playoffs (it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't), we won't go anywhere.

7. I'll still be cheering for them no matter what, even if/when it does kill me.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

indialovesvikes is offline Training Camp

like i posted elsewhere.....our D scored a TD for our O
    SO technically our O only put 3 Tds on the board

U cant expect miracles from our D but we expect them from our star QB and the lot...enuff of ragging on the D already!!!!!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Who couldn't be critical when someone like E.J. Henderson for example, was ignoring his pass coverage responsibilities as Donald Driver was scoring a TD right in front of him on fourth and goal.

And vikingstw, they may reach the postseason but do you honestly believe they'll advance very far?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Well there is always next year. We don't really belong in the playoffs this year with our D. We didn't really even win last weeks game. Their center won it for us. Two weeks in a row we couldn't stop 80 yrd drives in the last min and a half. In fact we have lost to drives in the last 2 min of several games. Our D is last in the NFL for a reason..they stink and our D-coordinator stinks. We will probably get to the playoffs so we can extend the fan misery for an additional game or two but that is about all.

Ohhhh well :roll: Maybe we will have a good off season and get a new owner and coaching staff. Hope springs eternal for Vikes fans. :thumbleft:

[size=24px]Merry Christmas Everyone[/size]

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast