Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well now what?

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Well now what?

"SharperImage42" wrote:
    and what happened to jamie sharper? can we have an even more sharperimage??!!
    Did you pay attention to last season he can no longer play, he has lost a step and is not half the player he used to be. Why do we want to sign an older guy who no longer has any value?

By the way all you younger folks this is real life free agency not Fantasy football so we are not going to sign all the big name players because that gets you nowhere fast. See the Redskins in Daniel Snyder's first year as owner and the current Raiders team.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(
    Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!
    Oh, you have no idea how much this one hurts. Through '04 Longwell's success rate in Lambeau was 84% The rest of the league--going back to '97--was at 68%. And we let 'em walk. You know what? Delusional Packer Fans think we might be able to sign Adam Vinitieri. (or however the hell you spell it) Ya know what's funny about that? There's no other kicker in the NFL as comperable to AV as Ryan Longwell. Look it up--it's spooky. They're almost clones.

And we let him walk and the Vikes (of all teams!) scooped him up. I'm still mad about that. I think someone needs to be spanked. :-(

Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    Ultraviking:

Putting Ryan Longwell in your sig is likely to offend Packer Fans. Some might commit suicide. I'm sure this pleases you and I figured I'd let you know personally just how much it hurts.

So you could laugh in my face, of course. Boy is that clown we got running (ruining?) our franchise an idiot. :-(
    Nothing like having one of your own beat ya!
    Oh, you have no idea how much this one hurts. Through '04 Longwell's success rate in Lambeau was 84% The rest of the league--going back to '97--was at 68%. And we let 'em walk. You know what? Delusional Packer Fans think we might be able to sign Adam Vinitieri. (or however the hell you spell it) Ya know what's funny about that? There's no other kicker in the NFL as comperable to AV as Ryan Longwell. Look it up--it's spooky. They're almost clones.

And we let him walk and the Vikes (of all teams!) scooped him up. I'm still mad about that. I think someone needs to be spanked. :-(

Hey, you know for being a Packer fan, you are actually pretty cool with all this.. It's not to often that you run across a Packer fan on this site, and actually don't mind communicating with them. Props to you man...
    He is right Frozan Tundran for being a Packer fan you aren't too bad. That reminds me where is Los he has not been around for awhile.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

yah i no darrin, i no this isnt madden 06 free agency or anything, im just saying chester or edge? anyone who says chester is just being being bias im sorry, like losing culpepper and moss, whos left? sure brad is good and all, but who did he verse? lions 2wice packers 2wice, he lost to the ravens, i dont no how much confidence i have, im a huge viking fan, i love em more than the next guy, but cmon lets not start brad, and put in someone like schaub or *we coulda got brees*

i dont want big names, i like the fact we got longwell and leber, but we need that one person on offense everyone will goo oooooo about and be scared to verse, every team has one, (except lions and browns) but were not on the same caliber with them, were higher

SharperImage42

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SharperImage42" wrote:
    We lost out on edge, demps, and dexter jackson..

are we gonna lose on hutch??

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh
    Were not spending money?

I think I remember Hutch signed an offer that would make him the highest paid Guard in history. That is not free...it costs money.

Taylor, Leber, and Longwell....they cost money....they are not free.
    They took too much money, IMO.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

"midgensa" wrote:
    "ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    "SharperImage42" wrote:

i dont understand why were not spending money, is julian peterson meeting with anyone yet??

aghh
    I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.
    We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
    What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
    To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.
    were not losing out??

giants are having a better offseason than we are, so are the cardinals, (this is without us having hutch yet) both of those teams are NFC, we have to fill more holes, we need another safety, and another LB

SharperImage42

pennccil is offline Rookie

if we dont sign hutch were prolly gonna sign lavar or peterson

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think we should
    1.Go out and sign Brian Griese
    2.Get either julian peterson/lavar arrington to give the D a stud
    3.We have to get a safety and at this point i dont know who is out there yet
    4.Get the second pick from New Orleans and get D'Brickishaw Fergouson

Prophet Guest

"SharperImage42" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    "SharperImage42" wrote:

aghh
    I agree with you we are not geting the guys we want in soon enough. Julian Peterson is meeting with the Seahawks.
    We got the guys WE WANT that is where all of you are wrong. This is not Madden ... you cannot just get all the best guys at all the spots. We obviously wanted Taylor and went right out and got him ... we obviously wanted Longwell and immediately tied him up and we made a HUGE offer on Hutchinson to shore up our biggest weakness ...
    What do you guys want? The only thing we missed out on that we seriously pursued was Dexter Jackson (who had one really good game in his career and is living off of that). Although I think by the tender offered to Offord that our coaches are very happy with him and are not too concerned with chasing an over-priced safety.
    To say we are missing out because other players are signing with some of the other 31 teams is a little overboard ... we are do fairly well.
    were not losing out??

giants are having a better offseason than we are, so are the cardinals, (this is without us having hutch yet) both of those teams are NFC, we have to fill more holes, we need another safety, and another LB
    I'm with midgensa on this one. There is a lot of time left and if the Hutchinson deal goes through it will be huge. We are sitting pretty for the draft, especially considering our needs and where the picks fall into place. There will be teams with high picks that don't have the coin to sign them and more transactions will be made. It will be fine.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

The big offersheet has put a lock on us, we arent really in the move to do anything, before we get the message from the Seahawks what they havone done - Actually them meeting with Julian Peterson is a good sign that they want to bring in good players, what might be a sign that they are not going to re-sign Hutch.

As for Leber and Taylor - cmon guys.. What did you expcect that we would sign Edge, Dexter Jackson, Whiterspoon, Julian Peterson and LeCharles Bentley ?!?! - There are other teams competing for theese kind of players.. Edge would be way overpaid, Dexter Jackson is a FS - he should play SS here - maybe he didnt want to do that, and also for Bentley - he was a Cleveland native, and he also wanted to play Center - he could not do that here, We signed Ben Leber - wait and see, he will be a playmaker come next season. Chester Taylor is an ideal fit for the new offense..

I have faith in what the front office is doing, and i know that we are going to be a playoff team next season - bank on it!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast