Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    sawxray is offline Waterboy

Re: Well merry christmas, the Giants gave you a win

As a Giants fan, or a football fan, or even a sports fan, my opinion is NEVER to say "Congrats...but..."

The Vikes won, fair and square. Sure, the Giants could have played better, but they didn't. They could blame injuries, but all teams in the NFL have injured players. They could blame a referee's call, but a team needs to be in a good position to win, so that one call or one funny bounce doesn't steal the game. So, no excuses. The Vikes won, and my congratulations. I am sure you all enjoyed it, and the end was exciting.

Not to nit-pick, but would just like to add a few points:

1. Why agree with a Cowboys fan? There is a bit of an agenda there, don't you think?

2. The Giants offense had the highest PPG in the NFL. I don't know what it is after 21 against the Vikes, but probably top two or three. So enough with the over-rated comments. I know there is a temptation to throw it back at the over-zealous Giants fans, but let the unclassy ones stew in their own misery!

3. And the Giants D surprised most of us for the past several weeks. Not over-rated, IMHO.

I would say there is always week-to-week media hype that is out of proportion for the team that just won. If the fans listen to it, they get too high. But the Giants are surprisingly good this year, and I am hoping they get to the playoffs, and maybe win one game. So, over-rated? Nah, us Giants fans (the mentally healthy ones) are happy with just a 'Good' team.

Cheers!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Well merry christmas, the Giants gave you a win

Thanx Sawxray!

It's nice to here some honest comments from a Giants fan who is not mentally challenged.

Welcome to our site Sawxray!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678