Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well it looks like Reggie Fowler's deal..

I guess beggars can't be choosers, but I would still prefer to have Taylor buy the team!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Well Taylor has a good track record but Fowler could be a decent owner as well. He seems to be interested in football at least.

WWBGD

skogs02 is offline Starter

emmitt and fowler would be alright i think

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Still concerned if Fowler uses his capital to buy the team, would he be willing to spend on free agency?
    We may be right back in the same position.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

HarrisonB57 is offline Starter

as long as fowler doesn't move the team, i think he would be alright. He played football in college. That means he likes it. He probably would find a way to improve our team. I also like the idea of having a minority owner. he would bring a good change of pace for the franchise...i hope. but taylor would be good too. Just no more red.
    Live by the Slacker Rule. No Hurries, No Worries.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"skogs02" wrote:
    emmitt and fowler would be alright i think
    Emmit is with Taylor.

After reading the Fowler article, I am a bit concerned. We may simply be swapping devils.

Red *I never met a goat I didn't like* McCombs is a cheap SOB...we all agree on that. And, we all want him out of the picture. However, Fowlers personal estimated net WORTH is only in the 300 million range...and he needs @ 200 mil to lock in the sale. That means he'll be strapped to the hilt and looking to make back some of that money quickly. He might wind up being tighter than Red.

Further, since LA is screaming for a team - and have one of the largest markets in the US - Fowler may be looking west with the Vikes in hopes of reaping HUGE profits by moving. As a "Businessman", that's what I would do. As a Vikings fan, I wouldn't dream of it....Fowler isn't a Vikings fan (That we know) and has virtually NO ties to Minnesota.

No offense to Mr. Fowler - I'm sure he's a real swell guy - but I hope that the NFL rejects his offer. Taylor has deeper pockets, is committed to getting a stadium deal (And likely would due to political connections and public trust), and is a Minnesota boy - meaning the Vikes stay put. Taylor is our best bet right now based upon what we know.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Fowler will keep the Vikes in Minnesota. But, I have a gut feeling that LA is a mere 6 years away if he buys the Vikes, and our cap room will stay in the 20-30 million range because he'll play it cheap (Like Red *man meat is life* McCombs).

Caine

chennegar is offline Rookie

If the vikes dont get a stadium deal worked out soon, it doesn't matter who the owner is. They will be moved or (insert your favorite MLB comment here) contracted. Taylor has said himself, it doesn't matter how deep of pockets he has. If they cannot bring in the same kind of money that the rest of the team are bringing in, something will HAVE to be done, weather Taylor or Fowler wants to or not. I've said it before, the NFL knows that Taylor has the best business options in MN. They know he has the best connections and had the best chance of getting a deal worked out. The league is going to look at Fowler especially close, they consider the vikes a vital organization.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

whatever just KEEEPPPPPPPP the Vikes in Minny or i ll s**t! and dies probably
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

when would a deal happen then? im kinda confused on whuts happening

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

The fact that Red will sell the team soon is great news. I, like most of you are worried that Fowler's interests lie in moving the team to L.A. Something that cannot be allowed to happen. Taylor is the better sale, so let's get that lobbying effort to the league started.

Reject the Fowler deal and hand the team to Taylor.

SKOL Vikings!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast