Thread: Well DUH.......

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Well DUH.......

From Kfan

Still, Minnesota defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell said the Vikings will stay with the aggressive, attacking defense that was successful against New Orleans last weekend despite the depleted defense.
    Uh.... The fact that we needed to be more agressive was obvious to me from about the 2nd Quarter of the first game all the way through the 2nd. Is Cottrell really this slow?
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Well DUH.......

Probably just letting his critics know that we will continue to be aggressive against any opponent, unlike our first 2 games.

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

We had better cover the middle of the field as well, come on Cottrell...
    I BLEED PURPLE!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Well If ou look at what the Seahawks Defense did against the Falcons, they were given a big lead in the second quarter and held on to it for all of the second half. This basically means they forced Vick to pass, which is of course not good for the Falcons. Our defense did great on Sunday, but they still have to prove a couple of things:

1. They can play well when we don't have the lead..
    2. They can shutdown a TE

These are the two keys IMO. If we stop Crumpler, the WRs don't have a chance against Smoot and Winfield. Also, our safeties must be good open field tacklers on Sunday. Of course, spying Vick and keeping Crumpler covered at the same time is a tough challenge for us (has any team ever had a safety spy the QB before?). Our LBs have had trouble covering and if they are slow to the ball when Vick runs we won't be in good shape. Vick is so elusive that I don't know if blitzing a lot is a good gameplan against the Falcons.

Bottomline is the Falcons have been in three games with down to the wire finishes. The two games they won were close the whole way. We must be prepared for an absolute dogfight. I'm thinking the Falcons will either beat us in a route or we will beat them in a nailbiter.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

if vick is healthy enough to run. the falcons are a very good team, no doubt. DVD will be very hard to stop. i think our offense can score early and often. that should be enough to get the W
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think one of the biggest things is to get EJ back on the field. The Falcons like to run the ball alot so we need EJ's big frame on defense. DT just ain't cutting it, even in coverage.

Like you said V Unit we got to stop the TE.

6-KINGS Guest

"Jviking" wrote:
    We had better cover the middle of the field as well, come on Cottrell...
    You got that right.
    Man our linebackers just seem let these guys pour through.

IMO

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

We need to take a page out of Denver's book in regards to shutting down a TE. They constantly had a 3rd safety or a LB jamming Gonzalez at the line. We need to do that to Crumpler, at least early on, so Vick doesn't have the quick safety valve and hopefully they both get frustrated.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We really need to win that Falcons game and most of all not let Vick run wild!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!