Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Welcome Mike Singletary!

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1087897
    "I Like this kinda Party!"

I think that this is a good hire and we will see an improvement in the defense next year.
    For my purple friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSY_VagaE_g

I hate the hire. That would mean it's a good one :P

I kind of paid attention to what some of the professionals were saying about his failings as a head coach. We kid around about his dropping trou, etc. - But the criticism that struck me as his number one failing as a head coach went something like this:

"Mike Singletary doesn't realize that everyone cannot be as talented and intense of a football player as he was."

That is hardly damning in a critique of him as a coach, but I see what they are saying when speaking of him as a head coach for a relatively untalented team in San Francisco as a whole.

Linebackers are a different story, though. He is jut the type of individual to maximize potential at that position.

Singletary doesn't mess around in anything he does. If anybody learned some lessons through a "failed" stint as a head coach, it would be him.

I would bet he is going to be even a better LB coach than he was before. It is where he belongs.

If you watched the video, he wasn't f$cking around in the coaching department, even between plays as a player.

Outstanding addition to the Vikings- Like I said, I hate it. :laugh:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "rednorsk" #1087963
    :cheer: I agree, a great hire. Now we just need to keep Greenway!!
    I think this will help. Greenway's worked with Fraizer for a while, Singletary is one of his buds, and one of the great LB's. I'm sure he'd love the opportunity to be working with a guy like Singletary.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087967

I think that this is a good hire and we will see an improvement in the defense next year.
    For my purple friends.

I kind of paid attention to what some of the professionals were saying about his failings as a head coach. We kid around about his dropping trou, etc. - But the criticism that struck me as his number one failing as a head coach went something like this:

"Mike Singletary doesn't realize that everyone cannot be as talented and intense of a football player as he was."

That is hardly damning in a critique of him as a coach, but I see what they are saying when speaking of him as a head coach for a relatively untalented team in San Francisco as a whole.

Linebackers are a different story, though. He is jut the type of individual to maximize potential at that position.

Singletary doesn't mess around in anything he does. If anybody learned some lessons through a "failed" stint as a head coach, it would be him.

I would bet he is going to be even a better LB coach than he was before. It is where he belongs.

If you watched the video, he wasn't f$cking around in the coaching department, even between plays as a player.

Yeah, I see that. LIke I've said before, his best qualities are as a motivator, and obviously being a badass LB. Remember a couple years ago the whole Vernon Davis thing. He kicked him out of a game, a year later, he comes back as team Captain. We don't really have any truly me-first kind of guys as bad as Davis was, but it's things like that he can be good at doing.

now, as a LB coach, he won't have the authority to kick somebody out of a game, but he sure as hell can chew them out on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087967

For my purple friends.

Thanks for posting the video dfosterf! I get fired up just seeing this again!!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Great hire and really looking forward to a more aggressive LB corp.

Hard task master from whjat i understand but the kind of guy who won't ask what he wasn't prepared to do himself.

I think it might help in negotiations with some of the FAs as it shows there is some serious effort in trying to improve things.
    Purple till i die

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123