Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Welcome to The Hot Seat, Brad Childress

"Formo" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    8 wins or less and he is outta here
    playoffs or he's out of here and jackson will be soon to follow. His third year Jacksons third year. He spent a lot of money this off season and he has a very talented team. no excuses. he is definately in the hot seat. playoffs or he's gone
    I can see Jackson being booted if he doesn't improve from last year.

But you saying playoffs or Chilly is gone?
    That's absurd.
    He'll get thrown on the hot seat after this year if the Vikings go 8-8 again or worse, but won't be canned.
    I promise.
    I agree that Jackson would not be booted from the team. If you think Childress is not gone if he does not make the playoffs or even worse than 8-8 then I have to say that you might be crazy.
    He is on the hot seat right now. We should have made the playoffs last year but we collapsed yet again. We have loads of talent and signed on even more. If he can't at least make the playoffs this year then I don't want to see him as our coach anymore. If McCarthy can take a young team like the Packers to the NFC Championship game then Childress should be able to take this team to the playoffs.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    playoffs or he's out of here and jackson will be soon to follow. His third year Jacksons third year. He spent a lot of money this off season and he has a very talented team. no excuses. he is definately in the hot seat. playoffs or he's gone

That's absurd.
    He'll get thrown on the hot seat after this year if the Vikings go 8-8 again or worse, but won't be canned.
    I promise.
    I agree that Jackson would not be booted from the team. If you think Childress is not gone if he does not make the playoffs or even worse than 8-8 then I have to say that you might be crazy.
    He is on the hot seat right now. We should have made the playoffs last year but we collapsed yet again. We have loads of talent and signed on even more. If he can't at least make the playoffs this year then I don't want to see him as our coach anymore. If McCarthy can take a young team like the Packers to the NFC Championship game then Childress should be able to take this team to the playoffs.
    I'm tired of the GB excuse.
    Thier team has some youth, but not at the key positions the Vikes have.

As to our younsters, the reps they got last year will go along way in thier development/maturation process which, by design, eleminates some of that inconsistency, but to think that we won't see some of it this year is a bit crazy.

Again, consistency at the top is what will make this team a consistent winner, not a knee jerk "Fire the Coach" every year approach.
    :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

He may not be on the proverbial "hot seat", but he should be feeling some decent pressure to make the playoffs this year.
    If he isn't, then something is wrong.

Forgoing key injuries and unforeseen circumstances, Vikingdom will implode if this team does not have a winning record this year.

I do believe that we will be considerably better this year and it will show in the win column and that is the root cause of the pressure Childress should be facing...expectations for this season are fairly high.

Everytime a poster writes the rationale as to why we will be a better team next year just adds to the expectations that we will be a better team.
    Going backwards would be unacceptable and Childress will shoulder at least some of the blame.
    Will he get fired, who knows, but he will face pressure.
    Hopefully this discussion will not have to be repeated as the season progresses.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    He may not be on the proverbial "hot seat", but he should be feeling some decent pressure to make the playoffs this year.
    If he isn't, then something is wrong.

Forgoing key injuries and unforeseen circumstances, Vikingdom will implode if this team does not have a winning record this year.

I do believe that we will be considerably better this year and it will show in the win column and that is the root cause of the pressure Childress should be facing...expectations for this season are fairly high.

Everytime a poster writes the rationale as to why we will be a better team next year just adds to the expectations that we will be a better team.
    Going backwards would be unacceptable and Childress will shoulder at least some of the blame.
    Will he get fired, who knows, but he will face pressure.
    Hopefully this discussion will not have to be repeated as the season progresses.
    A post I can agree with.
    Good job Tasty.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

That's absurd.
    I promise.

As to our younsters, the reps they got last year will go along way in thier development/maturation process which, by design, eleminates some of that inconsistency, but to think that we won't see some of it this year is a bit crazy.

Again, consistency at the top is what will make this team a consistent winner, not a knee jerk "Fire the Coach" every year approach.
    Sure they do. They have youth at some key positions where we have struggling veterans. They have more youth at OL, just as much at DL, OLB, QB, WR, RB etc. I don't know if their secondary is any older either.

Where are they more veteran than us exactly?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Childress is on the hot seat. If we fail this year, he will be on the hot seat for
    next year. The owner has shown confidence in Childress. I believe that he is safe this year. Even if we go 4-12, Chilldress won't be fired. He will only be on the hot seat for the following season. Like Marr said, consistency is huge here.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

That's absurd.
    I promise.

They were the youngest team! What excuse are you going to have if they make the playoffs this year and we don't.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    [quote author=gregair13 link=topic=45072.msg780894#msg780894 date=1211176937]

That's absurd.
    I promise.

They were the youngest team! What excuse are you going to have if they make the playoffs this year and we don't.
    [/quote]

The purple kool aid will provide the answers to fit the question ;D

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

That's absurd.
    I promise.
    I am sure Zygi's opionion will outweigh yours

The only way I see him losing his job is if he some how loses the team during the year.
    Chilly's job security will have nothing to do with the number of wins or losses, but everything to do with how the team is competing.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

That's absurd.
    I promise.

I am sure Zygi's opionion will outweigh yours

The only way I see him losing his job is if he some how loses the team during the year.
    Chilly's job security will have nothing to do with the number of wins or losses, but everything to do with how the team is competing.
    No shit! I didn't know this wasn't a forum. Oh wait it is. How is doing worse than 8-8 not losing the team or competing?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast