Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to The Hot Seat, Brad Childress

"gregair13" wrote:
    8 wins or less and he is outta here
    playoffs or he's out of here and jackson will be soon to follow. His third year Jacksons third year. He spent a lot of money this off season and he has a very talented team. no excuses. he is definately in the hot seat. playoffs or he's gone
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    8 wins or less and he is outta here
    playoffs or he's out of here and jackson will be soon to follow. His third year Jacksons third year. He spent a lot of money this off season and he has a very talented team. no excuses. he is definately in the hot seat. playoffs or he's gone
    I can see Jackson being booted if he doesn't improve from last year.

But you saying playoffs or Chilly is gone?
    That's absurd.
    He'll get thrown on the hot seat after this year if the Vikings go 8-8 again or worse, but won't be canned.
    I promise.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I know football is very uncerrtain,but last year we already improved from 6 to 8 wins,add to the equation Jared,Bernard
    ,Madieu and a more experienced team and you shouldn´t be under 10 W ,less than that it would be a litlle dissapointing season but don´t count
    Chilldress job is in Jeopardy within the range of 6-9 W this season ,Wilf believes in Childress´project and that ´s the bottom line.

El underdog.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

with the way the team is developing. and how things are moving.. i am sure that Bchill's seat is not hot.. and prolly not luke warm.

we as fans gave him 3 years to show us something. i can only bet that wilfy has seen what he likes and understands that this is a 5 year grading period.

now.. if we come out and completly fail as a team... then yes.. that seat could get white hot by end of the year. BUT i don't see this happening.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

As always many things will have to be evaluated before Childress gets put on the hot seat. We have a tough schedule, but should get 9-11 wins this year. Tarvaris will show his cards this year and make some big strides. Injuries and how Brad Childress team fights through adversity, does he keep them playing hard when things aren't going well. All these things will factor into any "Hot Seat" decision. I for one don't believe that Childress or T-Jack will flounder this year. Only improve, and then we will all be on the same page.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

With the material he has now, he could do really good in the playoffs, but if we don't there is no need to fire him.
    What good will that do? You will break down what he build and you can start all over again. We don't want instant succes, we want to be on the top of the NFC systematically and firing a coach doesn't get you there.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The perception that the Chillers job is in question or he is "On the Hot Seat" is just that....a perception by a bunch of fans who still don't like him and the media.

Consistency at the top is what Wilf preaches.
    To think he would go out and fire is head coach just as a young team is starting to come together is absolutely crazy and the talk of disgruntled fans from the "Win now at any cost" crowd and yutz sports reporters who have no clue on what it takes to build a team.

To say that the Chillers job is in jeopordy/tied to 1 player on this team, a team of youth, again, is crazy.
    Why isn't his job tied to Cook, AD, Rice, Allison, McCauley, Gordon etc?

Face it.
    This organization (not just the Chiller) is all about stability, growing them on the field along with resigning key vets and adding (alot more of them this year) Key FA were the draft has failed.

Long story short, he isn't on the hot seat no matter how much you dislike him or wish he was outa here.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Hmmmm,Looks like people support Childress once again.

Damm it!!,the entertaining Fire Childress days are gone
    :'(
    El underdog.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"El" wrote:
    Hmmmm,Looks like people support Childress once again.

Damm it!!,the entertaining Fire Childress days are gone
    :'(
    Somehow I doubt that. CCtheBest is still out there somewheres as are other naysayers.

I'm still walking the fence, but teetering. Show me a winning season now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

After two good draft classes, what appears to be another good draft (for depth/future) and a active FA period (finally), why wouldn't the Chiller be happy.

At least he has guys like this on the sidelines to run his scheme instead of running out more rookies..... ;D

March 1: Signed free agent S Madieu Williams (Cincinnati)

March 3: Signed free agent WR Bernard Berrian (Chicago)

March 4: Signed free agent RB Maurice Hicks (San Francisco)

March 14: Signed free agent LB Derrick Pope (Miami)

March 20: Signed free agent S Michael Boulware (Houston)

April 8: Signed free agent QB Gus Frerotte (St. Louis)

Wednesday: Traded for DE Jared Allen (Kansas City)

Building through the draft is a good thing if you ask me as it gaurantees a future for the franchise with respect to talent, but fixing alot of holes with vets this year (mostly for depth) will make any coaches life easier.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast