Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Welcome to The Hot Seat, Brad Childress

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the update my friend.

Seems to me the guy missed the mark from the beginning sentence and stayed off track the whole way.

Did the organization make some bone head decisions with respect to a few players?
    Probably, but in the long run they didn't fit the scheme regardless of how much the fans loved them.

Did the coaching staff hold true to employing a scheme even though they didn't have all the pieces in place for that scheme?
    Sure, but in the long run, the guyst they did have on the staff that fit the scheme benifited from the reps and we started to see some of those results at the mid/end of the year last year.

Is this team better than the one the Chiller inherited?
    I believe so, and not just because of the number of pro-bowlers either.
    That, IMHO is a poor judge of talent.
    Hell, any respecting football fan knows that the pro-bowl is a joke anyways.

Long story short, 3 years into the rebuild and we are starting to see the light at the end of the Chiller tunnel and I am liking the color of that light but do I think we won't see some inconsistency still?
    Hell no.

We have a very young QB (unlike GB) who will still have his moments, alot of new players that still need to get comfortable with the scheme (especially on offense) and a tough gol 'darnit schedule ahead of us.

Here to what looks to be a great season which will see the Chiller getting a good, long, contract extension at the end of it........

Should shut the naysayers, and people who don't understand long term planning up.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    That works if you like to rewrite history to fit how you feel now VS what actually happened at the time, but that's not my style ;D

And truth be told, if the FO or the coaching staff came out from the get go or even after the first year and said that they had made the decision to rebuild the roster and that it would take a few years to get to where they want to be, then the fans would have had a different take on things. But that is not how they sold their abilities to coach and to get the players to do what they needed to do to win.
    That and the fact that they still had the talent to beat quite a few of the teams they lost to in the first 2 seasons,which reflects on the coaches, will still keep some from nominationg them for the HOF until they see the whole thing come together ;D
    How am I rewriting it?
    I've been preaching this crap for going on 3 years now.
    ;D

As to your second point.....
    Show me any team that openly says they are rebuilding (Minus Herm).
    Just doesn't happen, at least in the day and age when every fan believes you should/could turn a team around in a year or two by going out and signing every FA on the market.

Nope, anybody could see the writing on the wall, that we were in full blown rebuild mode, starting with the release of guys like Wiggins (who didn't fit the scheme), hard line stance with Pepp and the outright release of anyone who questioned the coaching staff/scheme.

To me, the most important indicator was the day Foley was shitcanned and a guy like Spielman (who the Chiller endoursed by the way) was brought in to find the talent.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Most folks don't like change, and we've sailed through a sea of it these past three years.
    Teams are always rebuilding, its a constant process, but not one casual fans like to think about.
    Something we are seeing over and over, is more players brought in...more competition in camp for roster spots, and starting.

Seriously, instead of throw it downfield, no time off the clock, we are now run first, eat time and play defense.
    Ever notice that no matter what we brought in to the defense as far as talent went we always ended up middle of the pack or less during those pass first days?

As far as the plan goes, we've seen the Chiller say several times that the last thing he thought he'd have to do was part ways with a franchise QB and start looking for another one.
    CPep didn't want to learn a new, complicated system in MN.
    He wanted to play in FL, or somewhere warmer...if he had to learn a new system, he wanted it on his terms...Now, 3 years later, His decisions have nearly ended his career.
    So, as far as the plan goes, it never goes as planned...personally, I wonder how many QBs we've studied the past 3 years in our search for a starter...how many close calls/near misses were there?
    CPep? BJ?
    Bollinger?
    Holcomb?
    Cutler?
    Klemens?
    Rosenfells?
    Brohm?

We ended up with
    TJack, and it starting to sound like its coming together.
    Really, IMHO, the rest of the team around him is looking so good, that I think we're in for a good year, even with expecting him struggling somewhat at times.

But, with increased talent, come increased responsibility (always loved that quote from Spider man...since I was like 5), and to some extent, if the chiller totally tanked this year, it may cost him his job.
    Personally, I don't think it will be bad enough to can him, and it just might be good enough for an extension!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Seems to me the guy missed the mark from the beginning sentence and stayed off track the whole way.

Did the organization make some bone head decisions with respect to a few players?
    Probably, but in the long run they didn't fit the scheme regardless of how much the fans loved them.

Did the coaching staff hold true to employing a scheme even though they didn't have all the pieces in place for that scheme?
    Sure, but in the long run, the guyst they did have on the staff that fit the scheme benifited from the reps and we started to see some of those results at the mid/end of the year last year.

Long story short, 3 years into the rebuild and we are starting to see the light at the end of the Chiller tunnel and I am liking the color of that light but do I think we won't see some inconsistency still?
    Hell no.

We have a very young QB (unlike GB) who will still have his moments, alot of new players that still need to get comfortable with the scheme (especially on offense) and a tough gol 'darnit schedule ahead of us.

Here to what looks to be a great season which will see the Chiller getting a good, long, contract extension at the end of it........

Should shut the naysayers, and people who don't understand long term planning up.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    That works if you like to rewrite history to fit how you feel now VS what actually happened at the time, but that's not my style ;D

And truth be told, if the FO or the coaching staff came out from the get go or even after the first year and said that they had made the decision to rebuild the roster and that it would take a few years to get to where they want to be, then the fans would have had a different take on things. But that is not how they sold their abilities to coach and to get the players to do what they needed to do to win.
    That and the fact that they still had the talent to beat quite a few of the teams they lost to in the first 2 seasons,which reflects on the coaches, will still keep some from nominationg them for the HOF until they see the whole thing come together ;D
    How am I rewriting it?
    ;D

Just doesn't happen, at least in the day and age when every fan believes you should/could turn a team around in a year or two by going out and signing every FA on the market.

Nope, anybody could see the writing on the wall, that we were in full blown rebuild mode, starting with the release of guys like Wiggins (who didn't fit the scheme), hard line stance with Pepp and the outright release of anyone who questioned the coaching staff/scheme.

To me, the most important indicator was the day Foley was shitcanned and a guy like Spielman (who the Chiller endoursed by the way) was brought in to find the talent.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game
    on: August 15, 2006, 01:24:26 pm
    A few things to consider/observations:

a.
    We all better get used to the "Vanilla" West Coast Offense.

b. I thought the O line could have done better but believe they did what they were asked.
    I don't think Brad Childress wanted to show to much.

Looked like pretty much straight one on one blocking schemes with nothing fancy included.

c.
    QB's.
    Brad should be paid more, TJ did fine for his first game.
    Still holding judgement but he sure looked better than the other 2 bone heads.

d.
    I don't expect to see anything from this team until week one (I am going to the game) as it appears this staff is of the mindset of holding thier cards close to thier chest.

I am looking forward to this season more than any other than I can remember (Born in 1961).
    I think the rest of the league is in for a suprise.

Marrdro

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Overall Assessment Of The First Game
    on: August 21, 2006, 01:57:15 pm
    Quote from: V-Unit on August 15, 2006, 04:20:03 pm
    Vanilla WCO? Is that supposed to be referring to our boring offensive scheme? So am I a boring person if I like vanilla ice cream?

Can't we use a more positive sounding word? I am very excited to get used to our efficient WCO.

Not boring.
    I like the WCO also and your word efficient.
    My point is that most of the "Vikings Fans" won't like the WCO as it will take to long to score and the scoring won't be as high.
    Again, I, for one love ball control offensives that rely on the defense to give them the ball back..........
    I think this will be a better year than most of the "experts" are predicting.

By the way.
    They looked better beating Pittsburg.
    Can't wait to see them live with my wife and son on Sept 11th.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: CC Says Vikes go "at least 11-5"
    on: August 25, 2006, 11:21:38 am
    Both lines (offense and defense) will dominate and push us to at least a playoff record (11-5/10-7).

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Wk 1. Redskins.
    on: September 07, 2006, 09:04:49 am
    Quote from: TheKnuck on September 07, 2006, 12:34:23 am
    my .02, our defense is gonna wipe the floor with em and impress the hell out of the league.
    I will be piggin out on the couch eating wings and drinking beer dogs while my 3-month old son is ridin shotgun watching his first Vikings game.
    I can't wait.
    Grin

I agree on the defense impressing/suprising people.
    Additionally, I think our offense is gonna turn some heads also.
    Bet we see at least on quick strike from Brad to T. Will
    just and alot of dumps to Wiggins/C. Taylor up the middle.

My son will get to see his first game live.
    Driving up from Newport News VA with him and the wife to see the game.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Biggest Positives and Negatives of the preseason. Whats yours?
    on: September 07, 2006, 09:51:04 am
    Positives:
    Like all of you, the O and D lines.
    Especially the D.
    I would also like to add in our coaching staff who appear that they can coach.
    Alot better than the Tice era who couldn't make game time adjustments.
    Love Tomlin.
    Our D will be much improved.

Also, the new organization isn't mortaging the bank for this year but is actually looking to the future as well.
    A new day has dawned.
    [glow=red,2,300]
    Negatives:
    All the so called Vikings Fans who are still Nayesayers and look for all the negatives.
    Sure the team has flaws, but heck most of the positions have our starters from last year as backups from a 9-7 team.
    [/glow]

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Running Backs
    on: September 07, 2006, 09:29:06 am
    The someone that will step up will be the O-line.
    I don't think it will really matter who is in the backfield when they start clicking (Should be 9-11-06) and start opening holes and protecting Brad.

I have been thinking of it along the lines of the Denver Broncos (I know that is optimistic) and see that whomever is back there will just have to hit the holes and hang onto the rock.
    Of course staying healthy is key and probably why they got all the new guys cause our old ones cant.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Childress Second In Coaches Ranking By ESPN
    on: September 14, 2006, 11:15:41 am
    Only stat that matters right now is W-1 / L-0. Let the bean counters muddle with the rest until about the 5th, 6th or 7th game.

Especially good post

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Childress earning high marks for accountability
    on: September 18, 2006, 08:25:17 am
    Great Post.

Well coached teams will always have a chance to win, even when they aren't supposed to.

Gotta love this coaching staff.
    It appears most, if not all of the team does.

Archived Boards / Weekly Opponent Talk / Re: minn vs. bears
    on: September 18, 2006, 10:54:15 am
    Quote from: Prophet on September 17, 2006, 05:32:51 pm
    It usually takes me a few days of contemplation after gameday before I get into the next week's game.
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the outcomes of the first two games and am banking on the new-look Vikings getting better each week.
    Once all the cogs come together the Vikings will be a team to be reckoned with.
    They're no slouch now, but they are in their infancy in this regime.

Gotta agree with Prophet here, the running game did look better and I think Williamson is only gonna get better.

Chicago has faced two teams that were cream puffs while we have faced two of the better teams defensively from last year and are picks to go far in the playoffs even though they were a bit dinged.

Childress and his staff have OUT COACHED two great coaches.

Vikes 24 - Bears 13.

Vikings & Football Talk / General NFL Discussion / Re: NFC North race over. Bears can break out the banner
    on: September 27, 2006, 11:02:20 am
    If you are all like me (Born in 61), I have learned that anybody in the Norris division can and will beat the favored team.

Point(s) here is that

a) Even idiotic Brett Favvvreeeee can pull something out of his A$$ and beat them. Possibly one loss.
    b) Grossman won't make it through the season.
    Add at least 1-2 losses after that happens.
    Hopefully they will be against a NFC North team.
    c) We will win the next meeting.
    Nullifies our loss last weekend.

Our schedule isn't that bad either.
    As long as the team start/gets the offense going a better overall record, if I am not mistaken, will win the division no matter what.

VIKES 12-4
    Bears 11-5

You about hit it on the head with this post I have to say. The comment about the O-line brought you up a notch in my spreadsheet. ;D

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Just A Thought
    on: October 12, 2006, 11:47:18 am
    Overall, I am pretty happy with the new organization and its approach to this year and the future with one exception.

It is pretty evident to me that the organization has failed to give Brad a raise or a long term contract because this will be his last year and Tavaris will be behind the Center next year.

If in fact this is the case then why not go ahead and let Tavaris get the experience this year.
    I know it would probably mean an increased possiblility of a loosing season but it sure would be fun to watch him add the additional threat of a running/mobile QB to our offense.

This could have some secondary benifits (i.e. could buy a bit more time for the recievers as well as help the running game a bit) that could help our offense get going a bit.

Of course the recievers would have to hold onto the ball for this plan to work
    Grin

By him gettting game time experience this year, along with drafting some O-line help as well as a reciever who can catch the ball in next years draft and add some depth at the other positions (i.e. LB, RB) we should have a formidable team on the field next year.

THOUGHTS.
    Pay real, real close attention to this gem ;D

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Offensive Line Examined
    on: October 23, 2006, 10:31:48 am
    Lest we forget this was supposed to be a rebuilding year because of:

Schedule:
    A.
    First 1/2 of year was supposed to be more losses than wins because of

Offense
    A. New coaching staff.
    b. New (AND IMPROVED) O-line
    c. Old has been for a QB (no one wanted anymore) (Culpepper who)
    d. Old but great Fullback
    e. No wide recievers
    f.
    And of course Chester.

Defense (Sorry I lumped them in here)
    A.
    Personnel didn't match scheme (especially linebackers)
    b.
    Rookie D-coord
    c.
    Big hits with respect to injury bug

[glow=red,2,300]All of this equates to what the "Experts" said would be a rebuilding year.[/glow]
    With the exception of the play calling/Goofs during the Bears/Bills games, IMO we are proceeding nicely.
    [glow=red,2,300]
    Lets all have patience, the team will keep improving on both sides of the ball, beat the Pats next week and then trounce the Bears and watch all teh Gurus' and experts start eating crow.
    [/glow]

Crow huh?
    ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Hell no.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

How am I rewriting it?

;D

a.

b. I thought the O line could have done better but believe they did what they were asked.

Looked like pretty much straight one on one blocking schemes with nothing fancy included.

c.
    QB's.

d.
    I don't expect to see anything from this team until week one (I am going to the game) as it appears this staff is of the mindset of holding thier cards close to thier chest.

I am looking forward to this season more than any other than I can remember (Born in 1961).

Marrdro

Vanilla WCO? Is that supposed to be referring to our boring offensive scheme? So am I a boring person if I like vanilla ice cream?

Can't we use a more positive sounding word? I am very excited to get used to our efficient WCO.

Not boring.
    My point is that most of the "Vikings Fans" won't like the WCO as it will take to long to score and the scoring won't be as high.
    Again, I, for one love ball control offensives that rely on the defense to give them the ball back..........

By the way.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: CC Says Vikes go "at least 11-5"

Both lines (offense and defense) will dominate and push us to at least a playoff record (11-5/10-7).

my .02, our defense is gonna wipe the floor with em and impress the hell out of the league.
    I will be piggin out on the couch eating wings and drinking beer dogs while my 3-month old son is ridin shotgun watching his first Vikings game.
    I can't wait.

Grin

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Biggest Positives and Negatives of the preseason. Whats yours?

Positives:
    Especially the D.

Love Tomlin.

Also, the new organization isn't mortaging the bank for this year but is actually looking to the future as well.
    A new day has dawned.
    [glow=red,2,300]
    Negatives:
    All the so called Vikings Fans who are still Nayesayers and look for all the negatives.
    Sure the team has flaws, but heck most of the positions have our starters from last year as backups from a 9-7 team.
    [/glow]

I don't think it will really matter who is in the backfield when they start clicking (Should be 9-11-06) and start opening holes and protecting Brad.

I have been thinking of it along the lines of the Denver Broncos (I know that is optimistic) and see that whomever is back there will just have to hit the holes and hang onto the rock.
    Of course staying healthy is key and probably why they got all the new guys cause our old ones cant.

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Childress Second In Coaches Ranking By ESPN

Only stat that matters right now is W-1 / L-0. Let the bean counters muddle with the rest until about the 5th, 6th or 7th game.

Especially good post

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Childress earning high marks for accountability

Great Post.

Well coached teams will always have a chance to win, even when they aren't supposed to.

It usually takes me a few days of contemplation after gameday before I get into the next week's game.
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the outcomes of the first two games and am banking on the new-look Vikings getting better each week.

Gotta agree with Prophet here, the running game did look better and I think Williamson is only gonna get better.

Chicago has faced two teams that were cream puffs while we have faced two of the better teams defensively from last year and are picks to go far in the playoffs even though they were a bit dinged.

Vikes 24 - Bears 13.

Vikings & Football Talk / General NFL Discussion / Re: NFC North race over. Bears can break out the banner

If you are all like me (Born in 61), I have learned that anybody in the Norris division can and will beat the favored team.

Point(s) here is that

a) Even idiotic Brett Favvvreeeee can pull something out of his A$$ and beat them. Possibly one loss.

As long as the team start/gets the offense going a better overall record, if I am not mistaken, will win the division no matter what.

VIKES 12-4
    Bears 11-5

You about hit it on the head with this post I have to say. The comment about the O-line brought you up a notch in my spreadsheet. ;D

Overall, I am pretty happy with the new organization and its approach to this year and the future with one exception.

It is pretty evident to me that the organization has failed to give Brad a raise or a long term contract because this will be his last year and Tavaris will be behind the Center next year.

If in fact this is the case then why not go ahead and let Tavaris get the experience this year.
    I know it would probably mean an increased possiblility of a loosing season but it sure would be fun to watch him add the additional threat of a running/mobile QB to our offense.

This could have some secondary benifits (i.e. could buy a bit more time for the recievers as well as help the running game a bit) that could help our offense get going a bit.

Grin

By him gettting game time experience this year, along with drafting some O-line help as well as a reciever who can catch the ball in next years draft and add some depth at the other positions (i.e. LB, RB) we should have a formidable team on the field next year.

THOUGHTS.

Schedule:
    A.

Offense
    A. New coaching staff.
    e. No wide recievers
    f.
    And of course Chester.

A.
    b.
    Rookie D-coord
    c.

[glow=red,2,300]All of this equates to what the "Experts" said would be a rebuilding year.[/glow]
    With the exception of the play calling/Goofs during the Bears/Bills games, IMO we are proceeding nicely.
    [glow=red,2,300]
    Lets all have patience, the team will keep improving on both sides of the ball, beat the Pats next week and then trounce the Bears and watch all teh Gurus' and experts start eating crow.
    [/glow]

Crow huh?
    ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Optimism can always come back and bite a man in the ass.

I still stand by all of those guesses.
    ;D

Hell of a post by the way....Well played.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Hell no.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

How am I rewriting it?
    ;D

a.

c.
    QB's.

d.

Marrdro

Not boring.

By the way.

I can't wait.
    Grin

Positives:
    Especially the D.
    Love Tomlin.

A new day has dawned.
    [glow=red,2,300]
    Negatives:
    [/glow]

Especially good post

Great Post.

Vikes 24 - Bears 13.

Point(s) here is that

VIKES 12-4
    Bears 11-5

Grin

THOUGHTS.

Schedule:
    A.

Offense
    A. New coaching staff.
    e. No wide recievers
    f.
    And of course Chester.

A.
    b.
    Rookie D-coord
    c.

[glow=red,2,300]
    [/glow]

Crow huh?
    ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Optimism can always come back and bite a man in the ass.

I still stand by all of those guesses.
    ;D

Hell of a post by the way....Well played.
    You would make my life easier if you didn't have 16000 friggin posts, but I manage ;D ;D ;D

It's all in good offseason fun

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    You would make my life easier if you didn't have 16000 friggin posts, but I manage ;D ;D ;D

You could have atleast put a few up that I was right on.
    ;D

It is by the way.
    More need to realize it......

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

OUCH!!
    I hate when I have to remember that Pats game from that year!!!!!!!
    Right after we went into Seattle and tore them up, we go lay a big fat egg at home in the dome...D'oh!!

You MacCarthy sniffers can keep sniffing all you want.
    To me it is undoubtedly obvious that Brett Favre had a little something to do with bringing those young guys together, getting them on the same page, and LEADING them to a 13-3 record!!
    Hmm, seems they had a pretty good vet at WR too.
    You can talk about their youth at OL if you want, but fact remains, their tackles (9 years each) and center (OK, only 5 years) have been in the league for quite some time too.
    On offense, they had all the vets in place to help the youth's learning curves from year 1...NOT our situation.

True.
    We're assuming our young talent will improve, but there have been nice flashes of potential.
    We're also assuming that our OL will improve, but we do have some established vets, and two probowlers there.
    The defense improved on paper already, and will improve even more with some consistency on offense.
    Way too many 3 and outs last year.
    Barring a major rash of injuries to one or more positions (ala St. Louis' OL last year) we should expect a winning record, and a playoff berth in a weak NFC.

I think something very important that most of us have missed is the TEAM'S BELIEF!
    They went into Giants stadium and thrashed the future superbowl winner in their own house!!!
    "Why Not Us?" Indeed!
    These guys fully believe that they can win the superbowl, and believing is half the battle.
    They now believe in the FO to improve talent, in the system to get the job done, and in each other for backup when needed.

This may or may not be our year, but I am certainly excited for the next several years after that too!!
    We have a ton of young talent signed for several years!
    I don't believe there is a coach out there who could really improve our chances in his first year at HC.
    Like it or not, I think we're tied to the Chiller for two more.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

You could have atleast put a few up that I was right on.
    ;D

It is by the way.
    More need to realize it......
    OK

Here are your props ;D

Great forecast:

Archived Boards / Pillage & Plunder / Re: P&P Bye Week
    on: October 12, 2006, 12:47:05 pm
    How about something that goes along the lines of an analysis/break down of the 2006 draft class contribution.
    IRKs me that grades are put out right after the draft and no one follows up.

I for one thing the organization did a good job with our draft picks (a couple raised eyebrows) but overall I think they are all contributing.
    You hit the frickin bullseye with with gem ;D

Vikings & Football Talk / General NFL Discussion / Re: NFL needs to move back trade deadline
    on: October 12, 2006, 12:08:05 pm
    Sure Randy can be a top reciever again, but only with a team that can get him the ball.
    My money would be some place like Ravens or Patriots.
    Strong arm QB's.
    Spot on

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Vike's should consider resigning Tomlin now!
    on: October 19, 2006, 12:21:56 pm
    He is a heck of a coach.
    Remember how all the "guru's" said our LB's would fit his scheme.

Like the thought of him taking over if Brad doesn't pan out however I don't think that will happen.
    Remember, Brad was smart enough to give Tomlin a chance at being a coordinator.
    Bet someone else out there can coach the Minn-2 def.
    Roll Eyes
    Pretty much what happened here.

I need to go ahead and sniff around and find out who/what QBs are out there next year but I bet it aint great.
    We won't have a high enough pick to draft a "NFL Ready" QB out of college next year.
    Shocked Maybe the Dolphins will give us a few picks to take Daunte back Shocked ARGGGGG Perish the thought.

Again, T-J needs to play sometime and I think sooner is better to find out his makeup.
    Heck we have coaches that can help him grow/learn from his mistakes.
    Monday night would have been a great opportunity.
    Brooks isn't the answer.
    And this one was damn near Nostradamus like:

Vikings & Football Talk / Vikings Fan Forum / Re: Truth & Rumors: 12.26.06
    on: December 27, 2006, 01:59:42 pm
    As long as the word Rumor is in the Subject I want to start a rumor:

Moss traded to Mn for a 3 round pick.

Dallas gets involved and sends T.O. to Mn for a 4 round pick.

Then B-chill has a possesion guy and a deep threat for the Rook to throw to.

Grin

JK on the last one
    ;D
    But hopefully the other balance things out for you

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112