Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Welcome all new Vikings fans!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yes, there are new members who will be on the site due to the Favre signing.

And I want to be the first to welcome them.

I have already seen people throwing out terms like "bandwagon" and "Favre Followers"... And IMHO that is silly.
    How many people on this forum used to be referred to as 98ers or Moss Sniffers?
    How many people were attacked when they joined after AD was drafted? Everyone has different reasons for becoming a Vikings fan and joining this forum.
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that we all want the same thing - to see the Vikings win.

In the end, it's not the name on the jersey, it's the logo on the helmet.
    So whether you have bled purple for years, or you have just recently seen the purple light, welcome to PP.O!
    This truly is the best Vikings site in the tubes!
    Good points Nodak!

I do question the Green and Gold fans though!
    Green and gold fans are on a short leash.
    LOL!

Everybody else I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

BONO is on a really really short!

I hope that you guys know that I am kidding except about BONO, she was on a short leash from the very start.

About what you wrote, there is a bit of a difference.
    If you have become a Viking fan, that is different than being a fan of ONE player and then following them over.
    Now if you were a fan of the player and of another team, your true allegiance belongs to the other team, not the Vikings.
    Now, if you were a Favre fan and also a GB fan, the only way you can root for the purple and gold would be if you were a new GB fan when he was cut or you were so disgusted about GB trading BF to the Jets and letting that snot nosed Rodgers take over for him like that.

It is super-fan-tabulous if you want to hang out here in any of those scenarios, just don't "pretend" to love the purple and gold.
    Point is, we accept anyone that has valid points and good takes.
    If your take is bad, you will get ripped just like a purple and gold member would for a bad take.

For the PPO members, please don't judge another post on the person's allegiance to a player on the Vikings.
    They might become true Purple and Gold fans.
    This is a team that could definitely win the hearts of some new fans.

Most of the AD fans were Sooner fans that are borderline Cowboy fans because they are stuffed down their throats.
    I can see why some of them came over.
    But assuming that OK fans are all Cowboy fans would be like assuming that all South Dakotans are Vikings fans.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, welcome...stick around for a while, you might get purple fever like most of us have. After the fever subsides, hopefully the passion will grab you and hold you for more than just a year or two.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

[size=12pt][img width=450 height=450]http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/101-2.jpg[/img][/size]

Viken52 is offline Waterboy

im not here because of the favre signing, im just a huge vikings f lets go glad to be a part of this great community. lets go vikes!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I have already seen people throwing out terms like "bandwagon" and "Favre Followers"... And IMHO that is silly.
    How many people were attacked when they joined after AD was drafted? Everyone has different reasons for becoming a Vikings fan and joining this forum.
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that we all want the same thing - to see the Vikings win.

In the end, [size=10pt]it's not the name on the jersey, it's the logo on the helmet[/size].
    So whether you have bled purple for years, or you have just recently seen the purple light, welcome to PP.O!
    Hmmm... looks like someones been reading the sig I made for Marrdro ...

"josdin00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

In the end, [size=10pt]it's not the name on the jersey, it's the logo on the helmet[/size].

Did Marrdro read it?

There are going to be a lot of different stories and backgrounds that will be Viking Fans.

[size=13pt]
    Power to the purple people: Vikings fans heartily greet ex-nemesis Favre[/size]

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d8120dd13&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Favre's arrival here even has influenced at least one Packer household to convert. Joe Konieczny, a 31-year-old from Marshfield, Wis., came to the game with his 3-year-old son, Emmitt, and his 2-year-old, Mac. Joe and Emmitt wore purple Favre jerseys, and little Mac was draped in a purple Favre T-shirt.

When asked how long he has been cheering for the Vikings, Joe Konieczny said, "About three days."

The family had been lifelong Packers fans before Favre and the team split last year. Now they have Vikings season tickets.

"The Packers made a huge mistake getting rid of the guy that rebuilt the franchise," Konieczny said. "Now I'm a Vikings fan for as long as Favre is here. And maybe longer."

But plenty of fans, including 21-year-old Rodney Piepho of Owatonna, took the Packers' side in the divorce. Piepho came to Friday's game wearing Favre's green Packers jersey, probably for the last time.

"It makes me sick," Piepho said. "I can't stand it. He's ruined everything he accomplished in Green Bay. It's sickening to see him in that purple uniform."

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Did Marrdro read it?
    hahahahahahahahahaha

And welcome to everyone that's new. Stick around.

As to Bar's question, I have no idea, but I hope to be in the lions den with you..

NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

I joined this forum because the Vikings website had an article about it.

-NW
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234