* A Denver newspaper is reporting that the Vikings have already expressed an interest in disgruntled Broncos WR Ashley Lelie in light of the Robinson situation.
* The Lions could be another party with an interest in this situation. Reports out of Detroit earlier in the week suggest that former first-round pick Charles Rogers is 50-50 to be outright released. While it's difficult to make a trade within the division, the Lions might be willing to part with him for a late-round draft pick instead of cutting him and receiving nothing.
* The Vikes still have a game on Saturday and it might not include Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers QB missed most of practice Thursday after hitting his throwing thumb on the shoulder pad of an offensive lineman. Big Ben played much of the second half of last season with an injured throwing thumb.
* Looking ahead, the Vikings may luck out in their season opener with the Redskins. Not only is RB Clinton Portis a question mark to play, but CB Shawn Springs is almost a sure bet not to be ready for the game.
* Chad Greenway was back in Mankato with a brace over his right knee. He is expected to have surgery next week. The knee he injured isn't the same one that he tore an ACL on as a freshman in college.
* The Vikings signed linebacker Jason Glenn, late of the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets and released punter John Torp. Glenn played in all 16 games for the Miami Dolphins in 2005 and finished third on the team with 13 special teams tackles. Prior to his time in Miami, he played four seasons for the N.Y. Jets (2001-04). * From the Irony Department comes this: During his press conference speaking about the ills of drinking and driving, Childress sat in front of a Vikings backdrop that is sponsored by a beer company.
It says in there that Bust Charles Rogers is also a probability