Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this weekend

PapaBearHalas is offline Training Camp

this weekend

First off let me say I hate the Viqueens almost as much as the SLackers. The teams are just too easy to hate I mean look at the poster children. A vicodin munching hillbilly quarterback and a punk basketcase receiver. How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.

that said I think the Queens will win this game. Our defense is a lot better this year but your offense has matured and learned how to better control the ball and eat up the clock. I have seen that in a couple of your games this year. In this game our defens will be on the field too long and wear down. Our offense is lost this year. I do think we will get a good running game going against you guys but we will need to pass to stay in this one and that won't go so well.

I do like our chances a little better at home, the Queens don't like to crawl out of the roller dome very much but I still see this one going your way as much as it makes my stomach hurt.

Also whats up with all the injuries in the NFC NOrth this year? If you look at these four teams they have all had injuries to their key players. I can't wait to see what happens when we are all healthy.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

this weekend

I wish dumb bear would take a lesson from you on appropriate smack
    talk.

I wish ya all had a qb to make the game more interesting, and
    with your banged up secondary you really have no chance-oh well.

This is the first time I've said this also GO PHILLY we VIKING WARRIORS
    like the view from the top.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

this weekend

Papa Bear you speak some what the truth except "the rightful place on top of the division".

Papa Bear I think you have been eating to much porridge!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: this weekend

"PapaBearHalas" wrote:
    First off let me say I hate the Viqueens almost as much as the SLackers. The teams are just too easy to hate I mean look at the poster children. A vicodin munching hillbilly quarterback and a punk basketcase receiver. How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.

that said I think the Queens will win this game. Our defense is a lot better this year but your offense has matured and learned how to better control the ball and eat up the clock. I have seen that in a couple of your games this year. In this game our defens will be on the field too long and wear down. Our offense is lost this year. I do think we will get a good running game going against you guys but we will need to pass to stay in this one and that won't go so well.

I do like our chances a little better at home, the Queens don't like to crawl out of the roller dome very much but I still see this one going your way as much as it makes my stomach hurt.

Also whats up with all the injuries in the NFC NOrth this year? If you look at these four teams they have all had injuries to their key players. I can't wait to see what happens when we are all healthy.
    Nah, you guys just have the Fridge, who simply ate himself out of a job! Who the hell cares about the Chicago BORES anyway! :bootyshake:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

this weekend

[size=18px]Urlacher Happy to Walk Again[/size]

Associated Press

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Brian Urlacher's leg began swelling and he figured it was no big deal, just part of the aches and pains he had become accustomed to after a game.

But hours later, when his foot started going numb in the middle of the night, he knew he was in trouble.

Urlacher phoned Chicago Bears trainer Tim Bream and then headed to the hospital. At 5 a.m., doctors performed surgery to relieve the pressure of internal bleeding in his left calf.

The initial prognosis on Nov. 15, the day after the Bears had beaten Tennessee, was that the four-time Pro Bowler would miss four to six weeks.

Less than three weeks later, Urlacher is back on the practice field. He'd like to play this week against the Vikings, but plans to return for sure the following week against the Jaguars.

"It was the first time I've had surgery, so I didn't really know what to expect. But the main thing was that the scar healed up and there was no pain, so I should be fine," Urlacher said Thursday.

Urlacher's leg bothered him after the Bears' overtime win against the Titans, apparently from being either kicked or hit in the calf with a helmet in the fourth quarter.

"After the game my leg swelled up like I had two grapefruits on my leg," he said.

Urlacher said the quick action of the medical staff saved his season and maybe his career.

"I'm sure it could be a lot worse. My season could be over. It's not. I'm just happy to be able to walk again. It was a scary thing when it happened," Urlacher said.

Urlacher hadn't missed a game in his first four seasons, but it seems to have caught up to him. He hurt his hamstring in the very first workout of training camp and missed the third and fourth games of the season when that injury flared up. Now he's been sidelined for two more and it's obvious how much the Bears (4-7) miss him -- they're 0-4 in those games and extremely vulnerable to the run without their best player on the field.

"Nobody heals from that that quickly," defensive end Alex Brown said of Urlacher's latest recovery. "He's different."

Urlacher said he'll let the doctors decide if he should play this Sunday or next.

"Brian is close, he's making progress every day," coach Lovie Smith said after Thursday's practice. "It's good that Brian will let the doctors decide that, too."

cheesefree is offline Starter

Re: this weekend

"PapaBearHalas" wrote:
    a punk basketcase receiver
    Both Dr. Phil and Dr. Ruth say you suffer from Moss envy, stemming from having very small...recievers :lol:
    By the way, it will be fun watching the "punk basketcase reciever" break some more all time TD records in Sundays Vikings win. :cheers:

"PapaBearHalas" wrote:
    How embarassing for the NFC North...I can't wait for the Bears to retake their rightful place at the top of the division.
    =D> Another comedian :thebirdman:
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

this weekend

Papbearhalas,

I am pulling for your perenial crappy team to win. Only one problem, and that is your team absolutely blows. Did your offence even scoe a TD durring the month of November?

More smack?

Whens the last time your Bears beat G.B. in the state of Ill-in-noise? 1993 or so.

2 days till you get blown out.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

uncle tony is offline Rookie

this weekend

:bootyshake: The good news for you on Sunday is that the game will be tied when they start play. After that it will be another L for the little bears. I sent you some tissues to use during thr game. Try not to use them all in the 1st quarter.

this weekend

WHOA!, Papabearhalas has a lot of heart coming in and speaking those words. The Bears have had how many good years over the past five-six years??? ONE...

Admit...you would love to have both the "vicodin munching hillbilly" quarterback and the "punk basketcase receiver" on your team. It would at least make the Bears respectable.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

this weekend

Funny thing is, the best offensive player the Bears have, was just signed less than a week ago and most likely will not see action Sunday.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast