Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dave is offline Waterboy

Re: Week 2: Vikings vs. Dolphins

Been watching the game for a long time. I always consider them a "Finesse" team. Mostly cause I still think of Marino when I think Dolphins.

Even today, Bell, Williams, yes, I consider them smashmouth but as a team.......Probably not yet.
    I agree, but I have watched this team change over the past few years and they are being reshaped.

Will we beat the Vikings on the road? Probably not, but I like our chances. We will have to pass the ball to win this one, and we will need Henne to give us a good game. I think defensively we can force Favre into some mistakes if he feels he has to rely on his arm to win.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Big Dave wrote:
    Been watching the game for a long time. I always consider them a "Finesse" team. Mostly cause I still think of Marino when I think Dolphins.

Even today, Bell, Williams, yes, I consider them smashmouth but as a team.......Probably not yet.
    I agree, but I have watched this team change over the past few years and they are being reshaped.

Will we beat the Vikings on the road? Probably not, but I like our chances. We will have to pass the ball to win this one, and we will need Henne to give us a good game. I think defensively we can force Favre into some mistakes if he feels he has to rely on his arm to win.
    I would love to rely on Peterson but our Coach has no clue how to use him.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

marstc09 wrote:
    [quote]Big Dave wrote:

I would love to rely on Peterson but our Coach has no clue how to use him.[/quote
    What are you talking about? We rely on Peterson all the time.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

If we give the ball to Peterson people biatch and say, "We should give it to the HOF QB behind center". If Favre makes a couple bad throws than its "We don't know how to use Peterson".

I'm not sure how many carries Peterson had in the second half against NO, but I do feel he could have had more touches. We weren't down by much, and even up at the start. During the 4th quarter it seemed like all we did was pass and NO was ready for it, often playing only 3 down lineman.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    If we give the ball to Peterson people biatch and say, "We should give it to the HOF QB behind center". If Favre makes a couple bad throws than its "We don't know how to use Peterson".

I'm not sure how many carries Peterson had in the second half against NO, but I do feel he could have had more touches. We weren't down by much, and even up at the start. During the 4th quarter it seemed like all we did was pass and NO was ready for it, often playing only 3 down lineman.
    He had 4 carries in the 2nd half. That is unacceptable. We need to be balanced.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

marstc09 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

check again, he had 6 carries(and 1 reception). He would have had more but Favre killed drives with poor passes.
    We only ran 20 plays in the second half.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

check again, he had 6 carries(and 1 reception). He would have had more but Favre killed drives with poor passes.
    Actually didn't penalties kill some drives?

marstc09 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

He had 4 carries in the 2nd half. That is unexceptionable. We need to be balanced.
    The first 4 drives of the 2nd half no penalties. They all ended with Favre incompletions(he didn't complete a pass the first 4 drives of the 2nd half).

On the final drive, the only drive of the 4th quarter, we had a holding penalty on first down, putting us in a 1st and 20. I wouldn't count a first down penalty as a drive killer.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

He had 4 carries in the 2nd half. That is unexceptionable. We need to be balanced.
    The first 4 drives of the 2nd half no penalties. They all ended with Favre incompletions(he didn't complete a pass the first 4 drives of the 2nd half).

On the final drive, the only drive of the 4th quarter, we had a holding penalty on first down, putting us in a 1st and 20. I wouldn't count a first down penalty as a drive killer.
    Well I already said Favre sucked. Point is Peterson did not get enough carries. See stats on last years opener.

marstc09 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Well I already said Favre sucked. Point is Peterson did not get enough carries. See stats on last years opener.
    Last year we played the Browns, with an unknown at QB. This year we played the Saints, and we knew that we had one of the best QB's in the NFL. Also we had a big lead in the 4th of that game.

I'll make it easy, which situation would you have called a run instead of a pass? You can just bold them.

Minnesota Vikings at 15:00
    6-T.Morstead kicks 73 yards from NO 30 to MIN -3. 12-P.Harvin to MIN 19 for 22 yards (15-C.Roby).
    1-10-MIN 19 (14:57) 28-A.Peterson right end pushed ob at MIN 32 for 13 yards (41-R.Harper, 69-T.Hargrove).

1-10-MIN 32 (14:26) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 38 for 6 yards (33-J.Greer).

2-4-MIN 38 (13:54) 28-A.Peterson right tackle to MIN 39 for 1 yard (98-S.Ellis, 56-J.Dunbar).

3-3-MIN 39 (13:14) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 87-B.Berrian (33-J.Greer).

4-3-MIN 39 (13:08) 5-C.Kluwe punts 41 yards to NO 20, Center-46-C.Loeffler. 25-R.Bush to NO 26 for 6 yards (39-H.Abdullah).

Minnesota Vikings at 06:13
    6-T.Morstead kicks 73 yards from NO 30 to MIN -3. 12-P.Harvin to MIN 16 for 19 yards (59-A.Waters).
    1-10-MIN 16 (6:08) 28-A.Peterson right tackle to MIN 17 for 1 yard (51-J.Vilma).

2-9-MIN 17 (5:24) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 12-P.Harvin (27-M.Jenkins) [69-T.Hargrove].

3-9-MIN 17 (5:18) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short right to 17-G.Lewis.

4-9-MIN 17 (5:13) 5-C.Kluwe punts 48 yards to NO 35, Center-46-C.Loeffler. 25-R.Bush to NO 31 for -4 yards (59-H.Farwell).

1-10-MIN 31 (2:56) 28-A.Peterson left guard to MIN 37 for 6 yards (41-R.Harper).

2-4-MIN 37 (2:19) 4-B.Favre sacked at MIN 28 for -9 yards (98-S.Ellis).

WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    3-13-MIN 28 (1:46) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short middle to 12-P.Harvin.

4-13-MIN 28 (1:40) 5-C.Kluwe punts 46 yards to NO 26, Center-46-C.Loeffler, downed by MIN-54-J.Brinkley.

Minnesota Vikings at 00:19
    1-10-MIN 13 (:19) 28-A.Peterson right guard to MIN 16 for 3 yards (41-R.Harper).

END QUARTER 3

4th Quarter
    Minnesota Vikings continues ...
    2-7-MIN 16 (15:00) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short left to 81-V.Shiancoe (41-R.Harper).
    3-7-MIN 16 (14:57) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short right to 40-J.Kleinsasser. Minnesota challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld. (Timeout #1.)
    4-7-MIN 16 (14:51) 5-C.Kluwe punts 49 yards to NO 35, Center-46-C.Loeffler. 25-R.Bush to NO 40 for 5 yards (54-J.Brinkley).

Minnesota Vikings at 09:10
    1-10-MIN 22 (9:10) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to 81-V.Shiancoe.

2-10-MIN 22 (9:05) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 40-J.Kleinsasser to MIN 28 for 6 yards (50-M.Mitchell, 58-S.Shanle). Pass 6, YAC 0

3-4-MIN 28 (8:20) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass deep left to 85-G.Camarillo pushed ob at NO 43 for 29 yards (27-M.Jenkins). Pass 18, YAC 11

WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    1-10-NO 43 (7:43) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 38-N.Tahi to NO 36 for 7 yards (92-R.Ayodele). PENALTY on MIN-71-P.Loadholt, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NO 43 - No Play.

1-20-MIN 47 (7:15) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 28-A.Peterson to MIN 44 for -3 yards (33-J.Greer). Pass -2, YAC -1

2-23-MIN 44 (6:30) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 17-G.Lewis to NO 44 for 12 yards (33-J.Greer). Pass 12, YAC 0

3-11-NO 44 (5:46) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 85-G.Camarillo.

4-11-NO 44 (5:40) 5-C.Kluwe punts 32 yards to NO 12, Center-46-C.Loeffler, downed by MIN-50-Erin.Henderson.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast