Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Week 2: Vikings vs. Dolphins

thorshammer wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Dolphins Forum

If you wanna see what they are saying about us, just click above.
    Good link. At least their fans seemed scared of us. I think we will win this one.
    Your falling right into their trap, If the Viking players think that way, there will be trouble
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The Aint's beat us cause they could run against us when they couldn't be consistent enough to beat us with the pass.
    The reason the Saints were able to run against the Vikes in the second half is the Saints did this thing at called a half time "adjustment", which was to run against the pass frightened Vikes. Chilly at half time picked his nose, decided that the Vikes needed to continue to play the pass at the detriment of stopping the run and made no contigency incase NO decided to start running.
    I think they made half time adjustments. Problem is, those adjustments were able to alleviate the fact that Phat Pat was gonna have to take reps off.

Case in point, did you see how they moved Kevin around? He played RDE, DT, NT, heck he even dropped into coverage once.

Besides, the only adjustment the Aint's made was to run at Evans everytime he stepped out on the field. Not much of a coaching job if you ask me.

Also, the DL was getting beat bad at the point of attack without close LB support.
    Our DL should be able to stop the run without LB support, just like they should be able to pressure the QB without LB support.

When they can do that, we can then use our LB'rs in ways that aren't expected, which in turn result in turnovers, tackles for loss etc.

That kindof stuff happened when Phat Pat was in there. When he wasn't, well, not so much.

On a side note, I was talking to some guys about how well our secondary did and how I thought Leslie did a good job in that area. Got into a discussion of history about how our backup CB's seem to always come in and play better than expected.

One guy said that is probably because Leslie's background is on the backside. Our DL woes come because he doesn't understand that part of the scheme.

Not sure if I would go that far but I am starting to wonder out his ability to employ the DL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I am 100% sure we will be effective against their run, especially because that is their biggest strength. I fully trust Leslie to shut down their run game with a solid game plan.
    I hope you are right my friend. Maybe those two G's were better than I gave them credit for.

This game might be a good indicator of what we really have up front this year.

I hope Kennedy is ready to go. Maybe he was the missing piece for reps that Phat Pat take off.

And you are right about Winfield Marr, not sure what I was thinking. I'm so used to people saying Winny is our #1 CB, and I completely forgot that he was being used in nickel situations (at least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, maybe the strib) primarily.
    Never apologize to me. Its a discussion page. Any/all ideas for a discussion point used to be welcome.

Since the "Owned" "Im right your wrong" crew showed up, some of that stuff has gone to the wayside.

I am optimistic about this game, and the Lion game SHOULD be a easy victory, especially against Shaun Hill who we beat with a better niners team last year, even if it was on a fluke play.

Side note, the niners are HORRIBLY OVER RATED. Along with the Jets, Cowboy, and Pukers
    Even the Noodle can't change my optimism surrounding this team my friend.

I can't wait for it all (the team) to get back healthy and all (the team) back on the field. Gonna be a tough "Team" to beat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

FinzFury is offline Waterboy

Go ahead and write this off as a win, thats what we want. I don't care who the opponent is, we always play them tough.
    Sure Henne had a rough outing in week one, but not as bad as Favre.
    Disregard the fact that the Fins defense yielded only 166 total yds because it was against the Bills. Fine by me.
    Just be ready for some smashmouth football because thats what the Dolphins bring.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

FinzFury wrote:
    Go ahead and write this off as a win, thats what we want. I don't care who the opponent is, we always play them tough.
    Disregard the fact that the Fins defense yielded only 166 total yds because it was against the Bills. Fine by me.
    Just be ready for some smashmouth football because thats what the Dolphins bring.
    until we get our QB-WR synchronization issue resolved, and get our Defense firing on all cylinders, I'm not taking anyone for granted.

On paper, we should roll all over the Phins...but that's why they play the games.

I expect a brutal game...in fact, we NEED one to get our guys fired up. Lord knows our idiot coach can't do it.

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Boy I hope you are not comparing the Super Bowl Champs to the Bills.

FinzFury wrote:
    Forgive me my friend, but I had to chuckle a bit when you said they are a smashmouthed football team.

Been watching the game for a long time. I always consider them a "Finesse" team. Mostly cause I still think of Marino when I think Dolphins.

Even today, Bell, Williams, yes, I consider them smashmouth but as a team.......Probably not yet.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    FinzFury wrote:
    until we get our QB-WR synchronization issue resolved, and get our Defense firing on all cylinders, I'm not taking anyone for granted.

On paper, we should roll all over the Phins...but that's why they play the games.

I expect a brutal game...in fact, we NEED one to get our guys fired up. Lord knows our idiot coach can't do it.

Caine
    I fully expect a better outing from our offense this week. I'm thankful for the fact that we're at home this week as that gives us a HUGE advantage.

I don't think you can sleep on any team in the NFL, thats why the game is played. I think we win this one though... I'm not writing it off as a win, anything can happen, but I think the team is really going to come together this week.

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    I fully expect a better outing from our offense this week. I'm thankful for the fact that we're at home this week as that gives us a HUGE advantage.

I don't think you can sleep on any team in the NFL, thats why the game is played. I think we win this one though... I'm not writing it off as a win, anything can happen, but I think the team is really going to come together this week.
    You young lady, are wise beyond your years........ Excellent post.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm glad a thread exists for this week. I post my thoughts later on when I have time!

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast