Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 2: Vikings vs. Dolphins

Prophet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    1hotchev wrote:
    miami is a good team, could make the playoffs, strong defense, but if the vikes loose game 2 at home, with 10 days rest; schools out.
    Oh trust me, we know that this is a must win game, at least I do. Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Colts, and Texans are going to be the playoff teams for the AFC. I don't think the dolphins can make it.
    There has never been a 'must win' game in week 2 of the NFL season.
    It's a must win game if you don't want all of Vikings nation panicking.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    1hotchev wrote:
    miami is a good team, could make the playoffs, strong defense, but if the vikes loose game 2 at home, with 10 days rest; schools out.
    Oh trust me, we know that this is a must win game, at least I do. Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Colts, and Texans are going to be the playoff teams for the AFC. I don't think the dolphins can make it.
    The Vikings Nation, or at least the part of it that resides in the cyberworld, are the most irrational fanatics that panic regardless of the situation. That is nothing new.

You're correct though, if they lost it will be all out hysteria. If they win and it isn't an absolutely perfect game there will be hysteria. I am looking for a 2-0 victory in OT.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Get ready to play a Pissed off Minne!

Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    1hotchev wrote:
    The Vikings Nation, or at least the part of it that resides in the cyberworld, are the most irrational fanatics that panic regardless of the situation. That is nothing new.

You're correct though, if they lost it will be all out hysteria. If they win and it isn't an absolutely perfect game there will be hysteria. I am looking for a 2-0 victory in OT.
    Whether the panic is justified or not is irrelevant. It will happen if we lose, and even more so if the pukers get off to a 2-0 start.

My God, can you imagine what would happen if we went 0-3 into the bye? Holy crap this board would be CRAZY
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

No kidding...I wait a day or so after a regular loss. I shudder to think what this place would be like after an 0-3 start, not to mention the two weeks spent stewing in it.

Ski_Money is offline Waterboy

Well I don't know about 0-3, but you can sure look forward to 0-2

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Ski Money...you should be getting ready for BOTH our teams to be 1-1 after this Sunday. Your Dolphins are gonna be walking into a buzz saw (or in this case, a tuna net).

Blog Entries

ndnorseman wrote:
    Ski Money...you should be getting ready for BOTH our teams to be 1-1 after this Sunday. Your Dolphins are gonna be walking into a buzz saw (or in this case, a tuna net).
    Dolphins

Or a piece of trash

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Just Three Things

Brandon Marshall
    You've got to admit that he has been overlooked this week. I'm usually confident in our ability to contain top tier receivers, but the situation has definitely changed. This guy is going to get our catches. Today we'll find out how well our young DBs can tackle.

Play to your strengths
    Something that the Vikings MUST do this week, to put it simply. The coaches need to realize this, but we also need our "strengths" to show up. I'm about Jared, Kevin, Pat, and Adrian. I would like to see statements by these players. Early statements. Whether it's a long TD run, or a sack-forced fumble, I see this as critical. We all know that they are capable of it, let's see them step up their game from Week 1.

Percy Harvin? Bernard Berrian?
    Two question marks that CANNOT be question marks. The fact that we have to resort to asking Greg Camarillo to give us a big game is ridiculous, if you think about it. It's time for Bernard to be more than a role player, and Percy's Week 1 got a free pass for many reasons, but we can't afford it to happen again. Our WR corps is much more than just Sidney Rice, and hopefully that will be proved today.

It's arguable that this week was the most important week of practice ever. If we want to win, there can be no more signs of rust, but a sense of urgency is also required. Ideally, this team will look like a contender TODAY.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213