Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Week 2: Vikings vs. Dolphins

This should be the Vikings first win of the season, but it won't be a cake walk. If we come in under prepared, they could walk away from the Metrodome with a W.

One of the storylines this week (the only one I can think of) is Vikings vs Benny Sapp and Dolphins vs Greg Camarillo.

A positive of this game is their strength is also our strength, and thats Running Game vs Running Defense. If we can contain their runs and not get fooled by the Wild Cat we should have an easy win.

Another thing we're going to have to do is contain Brandon Marshall. He is a big threat in the receiving game and will pose a challenge to our depleted secondary. I'm sure Winfield will line up with him, which I think is a huge mismatch for us. Winfield is short and not very good vs. the pass. I was hoping Chris Cook would be healthy for this game and the next, as he provides much needed height and long arms for defending the pass.

I don't know much about their defense, and truthfully I don't feel like looking anything up right now, but I do know that they beat the Bills 15-10, which isn't very impressive at all.

If Favre and the receivers can get on the same page, and we don't get away from the run game, we should walk away with a win.

SKOL VIKINGS!!! Lets go get that first victory on our way to the super bowl!!!
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

Re: Week 2: Vikings vs. Dolphins

Dolphins Forum

If you wanna see what they are saying about us, just click above.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Did you guys see the Benny Sapp hit today in their game? Last play of the game, jacked him up. Wow
    We're bringing purple back.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

We MUST stop the run, if we do that like i think we will, then we will win the game.

I'm not concerned about Marshall as I'm not convinced Henne will be able to hit him with any regularity or precision.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

If the Bills game is any indication on how the Fins are going to play, it should be a easy win.

Dolphins had 127yds rushing yds on 31att (RB & RW), 4.0 avg. against the Bills with the 30th worst rush defense last year giving up an average of 4.7yds per att.

Henne was avg at best. Marshall was targeted 13 times caught 8 for 53yds, 6.6avg. Granted it was against a pretty good pass D, but you would think Marshall could have one catch over 13 yds.

The Dolphins D isn't that special on either side of the ball, so I think the Vikes should play them strong.

A loss here would NOT bode well for the season, so I'm predicting a WIN. Hopefully a BIG WIN.

31-16
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Couple of comments.....

A positive of this game is their strength is also our strength, and thats Running Game vs Running Defense. If we can contain their runs and not get fooled by the Wild Cat we should have an easy win.
    After watching the Aint's game, and a few of the games from last year, I still wonder why everyone seems to think this is one of our strengths.

The Aint's beat us cause they could run against us when they couldn't be consistent enough to beat us with the pass.

I'm sure Winfield will line up with him,......I think is a huge mismatch for us
    Again, back to what we saw thurs. Asher and Lito lined up outside alot.

If they stick to that style, I think this will fall to both Asher and Lito with Whinny filling in at the nickle. No way we use Whinny as a "Shutdown" corner. He just doesn't have the skillset to do that.

Besides, our much maligned secondary did pretty good against Brees and his bevy of recievers, I think they should be up to the task against Chad and his crew of merry men.

I'm much more worried about our passing effectiveness and our ability to stop the run.

Passing will eventually get better as the Noodle and WRs get used to each other again.

Stopping the run, well I hope that Phat Pat is getting back into game shape and will be able to stay on the field for more reps. Unless that happens, the Phins will push Evans all over the place and run all day over the top of him, much the way we saw the Ain'ts do it thurs.

On a side note, whats up with Kennedy. Haven't seen anything about his status.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

I am 100% sure we will be effective against their run, especially because that is their biggest strength. I fully trust Leslie to shut down their run game with a solid game plan.

And you are right about Winfield Marr, not sure what I was thinking. I'm so used to people saying Winny is our #1 CB, and I completely forgot that he was being used in nickel situations (at least I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, maybe the strib) primarily.

I am optimistic about this game, and the Lion game SHOULD be a easy victory, especially against Shaun Hill who we beat with a better niners team last year, even if it was on a fluke play.

Side note, the niners are HORRIBLY OVER RATED. Along with the Jets, Cowboy, and Pukers

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    The Aint's beat us cause they could run against us when they couldn't be consistent enough to beat us with the pass.
    The reason the Saints were able to run against the Vikes in the second half is the Saints did this thing at called a half time "adjustment", which was to run against the pass frightened Vikes. Chilly at half time picked his nose, decided that the Vikes needed to continue to play the pass at the detriment of stopping the run and made no contigency incase NO decided to start running.

Also, the DL was getting beat bad at the point of attack without close LB support.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Dolphins Forum

Good link. At least their fans seemed scared of us. I think we will win this one.

Big Dave is offline Waterboy

thorshammer wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Dolphins Forum

Good link. At least their fans seemed scared of us. I think we will win this one.
    thePhins.com is a good site, but better yet, why not come to the site that is in your F2FA Alliance? Here's the link:

Phinfever Forum

We look forward to seeing you!

Dave
    phinfever.com owner
    None

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast