Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Week 2: Postgame Thoughts and Observations

"nailhead77" wrote:
    Heres a thought:
    The play calling is so vanilla because t-jackoff is fucking retarded and hasnt really learned anything in the 3 yrs hes been here!

ive been saying it all along.

START GUS NOW!
    we know hes more accurate.

And whatever happened to a qb recognizing a defense a calling an AUBIBLE!!!!!!!
    He is to fn retarded.
    childress doesnt let them audible at the line and thats part of the problem

Thanks josdin00

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Webby" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Come on all, dont you think we are being too hard on our Q/B. He will be fine, all he needs is a W/R that can catch.......oh wait we got him two (Berrian and Rice),
    Ok, all he needs is a tight end he can count on.......oh wait we got him one with our 16 million dollar man Shiancoe, OK, all he needs is a little more practice time to develope some confidence.....oh wait this is his 3rd year. Well I am sure there is some reason we should be supportive of TJack................anyone , anyone .............. I guess there is'nt......OK.. He sucks.

thats just dumb.
    berrian has loooked awesome so far stumbling over his own feet through 2 weeks.
    do i really need to talk about shank and his sweet hands.
    and i'm pretty sure on 2 incompletions today where jackson looked like he was throwing to nowhere rice didnt break off his route so i dont know who to blame on those.
    theres been plenty of blame to go around.
    we just haven't been good as a whole consistently.

and olsen, i dont buy that he didnt run outta spite today.
    if you looked at the play calls, alot of it was quick drops and throws.
    if anything the playcalling was to blame for the lack of running.
    we called 2 runs on fake handoffs that both didnt work.
    and what are these mistakes you guys are talking about with jackson.
    some inaccurate passes at times?
    i just dont understand how these games get pinned on him.
    he made his 16th start today.
    i think people forget taht brad johnson, a veteran qb who knows the game well looked exactly the same in his starts 2 years ago.
    then we blamed lack of talent and a weak arm.
    now we have talent and a strong arm and we still look the same.
    it just makes me lean more and more to the fact that childress is just not getting the job done and hes' not utilizying the talents of the players he has.
    and remember this, chicagos defense in indy got a 2 score lead and shut the door.
    i dont remember, but did we do that?
    its so easy and shortsided to blame one person.
    this team has many problems and its getting to the point where you have to wonder if childress is the one to fix them?
    All points I like to make, but let's get past that.
    Its not going to happen with this kid.
    Childress pretty much hinted he has some limitations in playcalling postgame....guess why.
    Maybe he gets it too, but won't back down?
    Who knows.
    I'm tired of thinking or caring about it.
    if Childress says himself he'll be limiting what TJ is allowed to do, then WHY??? do they not look at other options?
    Why does he insist on keeping TJ as the starter, when he himself has no faith in him?
    He's too damn stubborn IMO, to admit he made a bad choice in trading up for him.
    For being a QB guru, and an offensive genious, he's got a long way to go.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Webby" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:
    Come on all, dont you think we are being too hard on our Q/B. He will be fine, all he needs is a W/R that can catch.......oh wait we got him two (Berrian and Rice),
    Ok, all he needs is a tight end he can count on.......oh wait we got him one with our 16 million dollar man Shiancoe, OK, all he needs is a little more practice time to develope some confidence.....oh wait this is his 3rd year. Well I am sure there is some reason we should be supportive of TJack................anyone , anyone .............. I guess there is'nt......OK.. He sucks.

thats just dumb.
    and i'm pretty sure on 2 incompletions today where jackson looked like he was throwing to nowhere rice didnt break off his route so i dont know who to blame on those.

i think people forget taht brad johnson, a veteran qb who knows the game well looked exactly the same in his starts 2 years ago.
    it just makes me lean more and more to the fact that childress is just not getting the job done and hes' not utilizying the talents of the players he has.
    and remember this, chicagos defense in indy got a 2 score lead and shut the door.
    this team has many problems and its getting to the point where you have to wonder if childress is the one to fix them?
    Childress pretty much hinted he has some limitations in playcalling postgame....guess why.
    Who knows.
    Or maybe Childress is just a hack that hired a friend to be the OC and they can't get it done so they are passing the buck away from the awesome KAO.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

thats just dumb.

Who knows.

or, maybe he is actually a good qb that is just being held back.

just a thought.

;D ;D ;D ;D
    Thanks, I needed a swell and hearty laugh.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

thats just dumb.

who is pinning the game on him? he didnt execute just like shiancoe, tyrell johnson, cedric griffin, brad childress, darrell bevell..however, i prefer having a qb that can bounce back from a dropped td in the first half to come back in the 4th quarter as opposed to a guy that decides the jump-pass is coming back into style, and misses bobby wade who doesnt have a defender within 15 yards of him..then on the next play, on a flag pattern, instead of leading the pass to the receiver, lobs the ball out of bounds on what ended up being the last drive the vikes had with decent field position..i like having a qb that can win games as opposed to being the X factor that prevents a team from winning them..the talent is there with this football team, but the x-factor of jackson/childress stops the team from realizing their potential
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Mjölnir is offline Rookie

Well, although I have serious doubts that Tjack has the talent to pull out a passing game needed to take advantage of AD, and take the Vikes to the Playoffs/Superbowl (FGs won't cut it in the NFL, sadly)... I have to say that it's the coaches lack of creativity and desire that worries me more. You can put Peyton Manning in purple, but if the team has mediocre coaching even he could only do so much.

I'm going to be watching Chilly in the post-match press conference. If I hear him use his beloved system as an excuse then there could be some RAGE. :-X

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

thats just dumb.

Who knows.
    if Childress says himself he'll be limiting what TJ is allowed to do, then WHY??? do they not look at other options?
    Why does he insist on keeping TJ as the starter, when he himself has no faith in him?
    He's too gol 'darnit stubborn IMO, to admit he made a bad choice in trading up for him.

but evidently he has plenty of faith in shiancoe. what a maroon
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i think its time everybody realizes donovan mcnabb was going to be special no matter who coached him, and childress really doesnt have any positive ability to find qb's
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "tclawmen" wrote:

thats just dumb.

Who knows.
    He's too gol 'darnit stubborn IMO, to admit he made a bad choice in trading up for him.
    Well, the kinda sly way he said it left the impression that when Coleman was asking why more 3s weren't 6s....and he finally called out Shiancoe a little bit, but I just got the distinct impression he was saying there was only so much they could call in situations....

And hell, I would not surprise myself by seeing Chilly toss Tjack under the bus now to save his job.
    Both are subpar so far, but one is boss.

ragz is offline GM

"nailhead77" wrote:
    Heres a thought:
    The play calling is so vanilla because t-jackoff is fricken Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd and hasnt really learned anything in the 3 yrs hes been here!

ive been saying it all along.

START GUS NOW!
    we know hes more accurate.

And whatever happened to a qb recognizing a defense a calling an AUBIBLE!!!!!!!
    He is to fn Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    more stupidity.
    brad johnson wasn't allowed to audible either.
    it's more of childress running things the way he wants and failing.
    and what kinda stupid logic is that.
    we've been vanilla since childress has been here.
    why get berrian, draft rice, and allison?
    for taht matter whats the point of having tjack there if he's so retarded you cant run your offense?
    it makes no sense to blame jackson for that.
    if he's not capable whos fault is it hes on the field.
    obviously they think he is but childress wants to run the games like he wants to run em.

here's my example of what i was talking about with tennesse titans.

K. Collins (14-21, 128),
    tennesse on the road 24-7 win at cincy.
    now i'm not comparing cincy to indy, but obviously there offense is very good and probably more healthy, and their defense probably worse than indys.
    plus they were on the road and we were at home.

t.jack (14-24 130)
    vikes lose 18-15
    so did collins do something spectacular that if he started for us today we would have won instead, or did the way the team is made up to win do their job?
    i think its fair question, and an example of what the vikes want to do.
    problem is the team isn't doin it.
    it's not all jackson

and olsen i dont believe that pass was to allison.
    i believe it was to rice who didn't break off his pattern.
    the wade pass was an overthrow, sure.
    but if he's not given many chances, when he puts the ball on his tight ends hands in the end zone, the play has to be made.
    cuz we aren't gonna get many.
    plus, again, who has made plays for us.
    in 2 weeks i've seen opposing wrs make several great and tough catches.
    with us it's gotta be a perfect throw or we can't catch it?
    that's not good.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast