MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Week 2 Blackout not likely

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...129745928.html

Posted by Mark Craig

According to Steve LaCroix, the Vikings’ vice president of sales and marketing and the team’s chief marketing officer, fewer than 1,000 tickets remained for Sunday’s home opener against Tampa Bay as of this morning.

The team has until noon Thursday to see those tickets to ensure there is no TV blackout for the game, a chore that should not be difficult.

Meanwhile, LaCroix said fewer than 4,000 tickets remain for the Viking’s home game against Detroit Sept. 25.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I was going to put this in Opponent talk, but I put it here since it's a home game. Move it over there if you think it fits better there. I live in Indiana and I have DirecTV, so this one doesn't directly affect me. That being said, I want us to sell out every single game. We need all the sell-outs we can get to help with the new stadium. If you can make it up there Sunday, please do! I hope to see a really loud crowd at our first home game.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I was going to put this in Opponent talk, but I put it here since it's a home game. Move it over there if you think it fits better there. I live in Indiana and I have DirecTV, so this one doesn't directly affect me. That being said, I want us to sell out every single game. We need all the sell-outs we can get to help with the new stadium. If you can make it up there Sunday, please do! I hope to see a really loud crowd at our first home game.
    I'm worried about blackouts later in the season, for sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    No blackout this week. All tickets sold.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm worried about blackouts later in the season, for sure.

=Z=
    It's a concern, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Vikings will work with a sponsor like Verizon to ensure the tickets get bought up(this is a work around the NFL rules). For a team that has well over 100million in annual revenue a couple thousand upper level tickets is a drop in the bucket.

Also this team is going to start kicking serious butt and it will be the hottest ticket in town.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    it will be the hottest ticket in town.
    Considering the recent play of the Twins, Wild and 'Wolves, that's not saying a whole lot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Considering the recent play of the Twins, Wild and 'Wolves, that's not saying a whole lot.
    LMAO, post of the week.

Viking Newbie is offline Waterboy
    What is up with all this blackout talk. Lets get out there and support these guys.

Viking Newbie is offline Waterboy
    Iknow that economic times are difficult, but they don't have a problem with selling tickets in Green Bay or Chicago.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Green Bay and Chicago didn't just put up 30 yards of passing offense last week. Greenbay and Chicago don't' have to sit inside a crappy dome.

That said, I'll be there for every game.