Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 191
  1. #101
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "Big" wrote:
    I personally think we lost to a really good team today. We knew it was going to be a dogfight and as the game progressed it became pretty apparent that who ever made the big play and/or didn't make the crucial mistake would win. Stevens made the big play. Hicks and Taylor made the crucial mistakes. I can't fault Childress for the two fumbles.

    I blame him for not having peterson in the last two offensive drives. I also blame whoever called the long pass to Wade in the final drive. Wade was no match for Talib but did the right thing by taking the penalty to keep the drive alive.

    I blame the front office, not just Childress, for that piece of trach we have at right tackle who ALWAYS gives up the big play at the most inopportune time.

    Our defense did an outstanding job. We have played bend but don't break all season. They allowed only ONE frickin TD despite numerous trips to the red zone with a QB that can keep the play alive for a long time. I give them props.

    Bottomline: It's a sport. Someone wins, someone loses. You can't win them all. I was very happy with how the Vikings played until the last 3 minutes of the game. In the last 3 minutes, the Bucs wanted the win more than we did. So, while it's a tough loss, I am pretty happy with how the team played and am looking forward to the Jaguars next week.

    I would be amazed if Ferraro keeps his job next year. Special teams lets this team down at the most inopportune times.
    This goes back to the draft discussion where it's debatable about what needs we've addressed.
    We've stacked only 1 side of our line while just being satisfied with the other side (or so it would seem).
    When our game was obviously going to be built around our two excellent backs, how could our draft team be so stupid????

  2. #102
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    i was surprised how good the vikings played the first half. i wasnt convinced that the vikes could pull it off, but after the first half i thought we were the better team. enter brad childress. the second half was dismal and it looked like the detroit lions dressed as the vikings. keeping adrian peterson on the sidelines the last possession is just inexcusable.

    childress has short term memory loss, obviously he forgot the final drive in the green bay game in which peterson took this team on his shoulders. from what im seeing on sundays childress has an ego and probably thought he was going to prove to the world that its because of him they won and not peterson. for too long have i thought maybe he'l pan out to be a decent coach. unfortunatly it seems to get worse week to week. the special team still loses games, how many fumbles is it going to take for him to put a guy back there and just fair catch the ball?

    the 4th down pass to peterson was blatant pass interference, brooks had one arm tied, i guess maybe the refs thought it was incidental contact, but thats still a penalty. i actually liked the play call on that, and from what i heard childress wasnt calling the plays this game, but i could be wrong. i thought our defense did what they could for having to deal with garcia and not having a decent enough gameplan for a scrambling quarterback like garcia. guess our coaching staff didnt think garcia would scramble like he does 90% of the time...

    nice second half adjustments...tho cant do much when a team keeps the ball as long as tampa did.

    tampa is a good team and came off a bye week. the vikes certainly could have won this game had they been coached better. but i gotta say according to some of the locals here in florida tampa has not been the team they once were.

  3. #103
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    We lost because we had two fumbles at the worst possible times.
    The play calling and game plan was decent.

    Time to move on to Jacksonville.
    We are still in this race.
    So how did the QB you prefer do (the type that will curl up & take a sack) compared to Garcia who scrambled & ran to make things happen (the type you claim has no place in modern day football)?
    Your gonna compare Garcia's ability to move around to Gus's?

    :
    Are you gonna say that Garcia's ability to move around over Gus' ability to move around didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game? If Garcia had stayed in the pocket as much as Frerotte did, we would have won that game.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #104
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    We lost because we had two fumbles at the worst possible times.
    The play calling and game plan was decent.

    Time to move on to Jacksonville.
    We are still in this race.
    So how did the QB you prefer do (the type that will curl up & take a sack) compared to Garcia who scrambled & ran to make things happen (the type you claim has no place in modern day football)?
    Your gonna compare Garcia's ability to move around to Gus's?

    :
    Are you gonna say that Garcia's ability to move around over Gus' ability to move around didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game? If Garcia had stayed in the pocket as much as Garcia did, we would have won that game.
    What I am saying is that you cannot compare the mobility of the two and expect Gus to do what Garcia does.

    That's like comparing the mobility of AD to McKinnie.


  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    Fire Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    We lost because we had two fumbles at the worst possible times.
    The play calling and game plan was decent.

    Time to move on to Jacksonville.
    We are still in this race.
    So how did the QB you prefer do (the type that will curl up & take a sack) compared to Garcia who scrambled & ran to make things happen (the type you claim has no place in modern day football)?
    Your gonna compare Garcia's ability to move around to Gus's?

    :
    Are you gonna say that Garcia's ability to move around over Gus' ability to move around didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game? If Garcia had stayed in the pocket as much as Garcia did, we would have won that game.
    What I am saying is that you cannot compare the mobility of the two and expect Gus to do what Garcia does.

    That's like comparing the mobility of AD to McKinnie.



    how is that at all similar?
    Gus and Garcia play the same position, and he's simply making note that perhaps Garcia's style is better than Gus's.

    your argument is like saying that the Vikings are really a better team because the bucs didn't win a game in 76, essentially it has has no basis in this current argument.

  7. #107
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    Some randon thoughts after yesterday's disgusting 2nd half (dis)play.

    What do our coaches do during half time...relax to some Bach, or maybe watch The Flintstones? They certainly don't review the first half, or discuss what we might do in the second half.

    Did anyone else smell Hicks's fumble coming from a mile away?

    Frerotte could learn a few things from Garcia, and I don't mean how to scramble...you can't teach that. I'm talking about how to get rid of the ball before you are sacked. Repeat, "get rid of the ball", preferably not into an opponent's hands.

    Kiffen had a very good plan to stop AD...and we couldn't get out of our way in the passing game in the 2nd half. Their D line and LB's were shooting the gaps and all over us. Couldn't anyone come up with a plan to counter this?

    I finally understand why Griffin will never get an interception...he doesn't look for the ball. He only looks at the receiver...and you can't catch what you don't see.

    Showing some urgency at the end of the game does not mean running around like it's a fire drill? We have the ball with 3:23 left, and I say to myself...OK, this is where we separate the men from the boys...4 and out. We get it again! (with 1:55 left), and...nothing. I'm not asking for Elway or Montana here...just not Hannah Montana. And I'd like us to pull out one of these games and make a damn statement. Too many times we have had an opportunity at the end of a game and we blow it.

    How pissed off must our D be with our O?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  8. #108
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    We lost because we had two fumbles at the worst possible times.
    The play calling and game plan was decent.

    Time to move on to Jacksonville.
    We are still in this race.
    So how did the QB you prefer do (the type that will curl up & take a sack) compared to Garcia who scrambled & ran to make things happen (the type you claim has no place in modern day football)?
    WTF?
    The QB I prefer?
    The only reason I prefer Gus is because we have no better QB on the roster.

    Let's not put words in my mouth.

    As to the running QB - no, I don't think they have a place in the modern NFL.
    Garcia is very mobile, and does a great job eluding the sack and extending the play.
    I would label him as more of a scrambling QB instead of a running QB, but even if you consider those the same, I would say he is the exception not the rule.

    Would I rather have Garcia over any of our QBs?
    Of course, but more for his accuracy and decision making than anything else.
    And no, it didn't change my opinion that Gus is better than TJack...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #109
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    538

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Some randon thoughts after yesterday's disgusting 2nd half (dis)play.

    What do our coaches do during half time...relax to some Bach, or maybe watch The Flintstones? They certainly don't review the first half, or discuss what we might do in the second half.

    Did anyone else smell Hicks's fumble coming from a mile away?

    Frerotte could learn a few things from Garcia, and I don't mean how to scramble...you can't teach that. I'm talking about how to get rid of the ball before you are sacked. Repeat, "get rid of the ball", preferably not into an opponent's hands.

    Kiffen had a very good plan to stop AD...and we couldn't get out of our way in the passing game in the 2nd half. Their D line and LB's were shooting the gaps and all over us. Couldn't anyone come up with a plan to counter this?

    I finally understand why Griffin will never get an interception...he doesn't look for the ball. He only looks at the receiver...and you can't catch what you don't see.

    Showing some urgency at the end of the game does not mean running around like it's a fire drill? We have the ball with 3:23 left, and I say to myself...OK, this is where we separate the men from the boys...4 and out. We get it again! (with 1:55 left), and...nothing. I'm not asking for Elway or Montana here...just not Hannah Montana. And I'd like us to pull out one of these games and make a gol 'darnit statement. Too many times we have had an opportunity at the end of a game and we blow it.

    How pissed off must our D be with our O?
    I would like to add ... What's up with our O line ... Aren't they supposed to be road graders that should allow us to dominate in the 4'th quarter to make that game wining drive???

  10. #110
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Week 11 Official Thoughts & Observations

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=49096.msg865830#msg865830 date=1226874404]

    We lost because we had two fumbles at the worst possible times.
    The play calling and game plan was decent.

    Time to move on to Jacksonville.
    We are still in this race.
    So how did the QB you prefer do (the type that will curl up & take a sack) compared to Garcia who scrambled & ran to make things happen (the type you claim has no place in modern day football)?
    Your gonna compare Garcia's ability to move around to Gus's?

    :
    Are you gonna say that Garcia's ability to move around over Gus' ability to move around didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game? If Garcia had stayed in the pocket as much as Garcia did, we would have won that game.
    What I am saying is that you cannot compare the mobility of the two and expect Gus to do what Garcia does.

    That's like comparing the mobility of AD to McKinnie.



    how is that at all similar?
    Gus and Garcia play the same position, and he's simply making note that perhaps Garcia's style is better than Gus's.

    your argument is like saying that the Vikings are really a better team because the bucs didn't win a game in 76, essentially it has has no basis in this current argument.
    [/quote]

    Did you understand what was even posted?

    Garcia is (and always has been) a mobile guy who can move well and can make things happen when he does.

    Gus is (and never was) a mobile guy.

    Yes, you are right.
    They both play QB; good observation.
    But they are 2 different types of QB's.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Game 5 Official Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 277
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
  2. Week 12 Official Post Game Thoughts, Rants & Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
  3. Official Game 8 Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 08:38 AM
  4. OFFICIAL POSTGAME THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 01:37 PM
  5. Official Thoughts and Observations
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •