Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

What is nice about those games is that after the initial knee jerk responses fo right after the game are gone we can look back and better evaluate the game. So both the goods and bads of the game. and yeah if peopel look at that game and see how bad TJack looked, ee how good the defense played, and the start if how AD was with carrying the ball which led to some of his fumble issues

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :
    Well, I could easily fast forward to the second half of the season when he threw 4 TDs against the same Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl... and that's more recent.

I'd say that's conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence. I'm just saying.
    We could also easily fast forward even more to the Giants game or the Philly game.
    Those are even more recent...

The problem I have with Tjack is that I never know if which TJack we are going to see when he takes the field.
    Is it going to be the horrible TJack from the GB or Colts game?
    The amazing TJack from the AZ game?
    The decent TJack from the ATL game?
    Or the very average TJack from the Giants and Philly games?

I really want to believe in whatever QB ends up starting for us this year.
    And whichever QB wins will have my full support until they do something to prove me wrong.
    Regardless of who wins the starting job, I think we will be entering 2009 with a better QB situation than we had at the end of 2008, and I take some comfort in that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :
    Well, I could easily fast forward to the second half of the season when he threw 4 TDs against the same Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl... and that's more recent.

I'd say that's conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence. I'm just saying.
    We could also easily fast forward even more to the Giants game or the Philly game.

The problem I have with Tjack is that I never know if which TJack we are going to see when he takes the field.

And whichever QB wins will have my full support until they do something to prove me wrong.
    Regardless of who wins the starting job, I think we will be entering 2009 with a better QB situation than we had at the end of 2008, and I take some comfort in that.
    Funny thing is, I heard the same thing about Eli Manning living in NYC. You could pretty much just plug his name into your post wherever it said "TJack"...

Then he won a Super Bowl.

And had a worse QB rating than TJack against the same Eagles defense last year in the playoffs.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50916.msg920385#msg920385 date=1236692661]

Funny thing is, I heard the same thing about Eli Manning living in NYC. You could pretty much just plug his name into your post wherever it said "TJack"...

And had a worse QB rating than TJack against the same Eagles defense last year in the playoffs.

[/quote]

To be fair, I am not a huge fan of Eli either.
    Put pressure on him and he panicks and tends to scramble backwards.
    The Vikings have exploited him in that was several times.

But at this point comparing Eli to TJack is a little silly don't you think?
    I mean, let's be a little serious.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    This year we should try to get a group of tickets together. I definetly want to go back to Lambeau for a little revenge(though the win in the dome partially made up for it, best game of 08 season). Plus their stadium is pretty kick ass, smoking in the concession area is a nice touch too.
    Yes I want to go for sure so lets get tickets together this time. I need revenge since I missed the home game due to my brothers wedding. Man that still pisses me off.
    You could have made that game, if you were a TRUE FAN.

=Z=
    I know. I hate myself for it. I already paid for it via self mutilation.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    This year we should try to get a group of tickets together. I definetly want to go back to Lambeau for a little revenge(though the win in the dome partially made up for it, best game of 08 season). Plus their stadium is pretty kick jiggly butt, smoking in the concession area is a nice touch too.
    Yes I want to go for sure so lets get tickets together this time. I need revenge since I missed the home game due to my brothers wedding. Man that still pisses me off.
    You could have made that game, if you were a TRUE FAN.

=Z=
    I know. I hate myself for it. I already paid for it via self mutilation.
    eewwwhhhw!! that sounds painful!!!

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Why?

They're both QBs in the NFL... hell, the NFC no less. They have good RBs, Solid Receivers and a pretty good defense. The big "?" comes from how good the QB will play.

I think it's a perfectly viable comparison/question...

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Why?

They're both QBs in the NFL... hell, the NFC no less. They have good RBs, Solid Receivers and a pretty good defense. The big "?" comes from how good the QB will play.

By your initial comparasion, you are asserting that TJack and Eli were similar in skill sets, especially when you mention that Eli had a worse passer rating than TJack did aginst the Eagles. That assertion is what I think is silly.
    If the big "?" comes from how good the QB can play, then I think it is fairly obvious that Eli has eclipsed TJack.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Why?

By your initial comparasion, you are asserting that TJack and Eli were similar in skill sets, especially when you mention that Eli had a worse passer rating than TJack did aginst the Eagles. That assertion is what I think is silly.
    If the big "?" comes from how good the QB can play, then I think it is fairly obvious that Eli has eclipsed TJack.
    No. I was simply stating facts.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Why?

No. I was simply stating facts.
    LOL.
    Oh you were not.
    Come on C Mac, you know darn well that you were infering the comparision.

"C" wrote:

If you weren't infering the comparision between Eli and TJack, why on earth would you even point out that Eli had a worse QB rating than Tjack against the same team?

Are you bored at work again? ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast